Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Måmgoztilat, Home of Etestnovel of Bëmbul âl  (Read 3348 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Måmgoztilat, Home of Etestnovel of Bëmbul âl
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:05:00 am »

Måmgoztilat fell in Early Autumn of 1055, on the 27th of Hematite.

**********BEGIN FORTRESS INFORMATION**********

Civilizations-
ėfomilefari - "The Somber Viper", Elven Civilization

Stlashleembis - Kobold Civilization

Bëmbul âl - "The Mechanisms of Weight", Dwarven Civilization.
-Etestnovel - "The Dutiful Bride", Dwarven Clan that Occupies Måmgoztilat (DragonChild)

Sorstâsost - "The Influential Tick", Goblin Civilization
-Aslot Dusnu - "The Hex of Busts", Goblin Clan that Attacks Måmgoztilat

Pesor Takru - "The Confederacy of Justices", Human Civilization

Deities-
Keshan Dorenziril Emuth, Flame the Diamond Fire of Beaks
Goddess of Volcanos and Mountains
Avuz, Mine
Goddess of Metals
äs, Cave
God of Jewels and Minerals
Kudust Akestakmesh, Prince the Dominant Tempests
Goddess of Chaos, War, and Fortresses
Limâr Oltarokir, Wealth Giltelder
God of Longevity and Wealth
Shedim Othâshozor, Shadow the Ungodly Subtlety
God of Trickery, Lies, and Treachery
Nônub Othlestzágod Limulduthtish, Punch Scorchedgrips the Golden Inferno
God of Valor
Anur Eshonanban, Wonder Goodlathers
God of Song, Revelry, and Dance
Tinöth, Equal
God of Balance
Ikud, Reign
God of Fame
Melbil Kėrar Rimtar, Tome the Right of Castles
Goddess of Suicide, Poetry, Persuasion, and Speech
äkim, Brilliant
God of Youth

Deaths-
Urvad Idenaknûn, Miner, Female
Worshiper of Limâr Oltarokir, No notable relationships, Died Carving the Fortification to the Lava for Power to the Forges

Atîs ïngizmeden, Farmer, Male
Worshiper of Kudust Akestakmesh, No notable relationships, Died in the First Skirmish

îton Abanral, Architect, Male
Worshiper of Anur Eshonanban, Husband of Kadôl Arbanatír + Father to Reg Satzuglar & Rigōth Nerstâkud, Died in the First Skirmish

Asën Gusgashoslan, Armorer, Female
Casual worshipper of Ikud, No notable relationships, Died in The Battles of the Shredded Goblin

Kogan “Erar” Mėshosdeduk, Clerk, Female
Casual worshipper of äkim, Wife of Deler Zuglarkulal + Mother to Likot Rakustumstiz & Obok Astelstukos, Shot through the heart in the Angry Diplomat Skirmish

Obok Astelstukos, Baby, Female
Casual worshipper of äkim, Daughter of Deler Zuglarkulal & Kogan Mėshosdeduk + Sister to Likot Rakustumstiz, Shot while trying to get away from her mother's slain body in the Angry Diplomat Skirmish

Cog Nomalnokgol, Miner, Male
Faithful worshipper of Melbil Kėrar Rimtar, No notable relationships, Died in The Butchery of Cog Nomalnokgol

Rîsen Atolled, Carpenter, Female
Casual worshipper of  Nônub Othlestzágod Limulduthtish, Grudge against Rovod Thedakral, Shot down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Rovod Thedakral, Metalsmith, Female
Worshipper of Anur Eshonanban, Grudge against Rîsen Atolled, Shot down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Deler Zuglarkulal, Mechanic, Male
Worshipper of äs, Husband of Kogan Mėshosdeduk + Father to Likot Rakustumstiz & Obok Astelstukos, Shot down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Reg Satzuglar, Marksdwarf, Male
Worshipper of Anur Eshonanban, Son of Kadôl Arbanatír & îton Abanral + Brother to Rigōth Nerstâkud, Shot down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Stodir Bomrekimesh, Mason, Female
Worshipper of Melbil Kėrar Rimtar, Lover of Imush Ledzasit, Struck down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Kadôl Arbanatír, Trader, Female
Casual worshipper of Anur Eshonanban,  wife of îton Abanral + Mother to Reg Satzuglar & Rigōth Nerstâkud, Struck down in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Other Losses-
Rigōth Nerstâkud, Child, Female
Worshiper of Anur Eshonanban, Daughter of Kadôl Arbanatír & îton Abanral + Sister to Reg Satzuglar, Snatched in the Capture of Rigōth Nerstâkud

Imush Ledzasit, Bone Carver, Male
Worshipper of Kudust Akestakmesh, Lover of Stodir Bomrekimesh, went missing in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Likot Rakustumstiz, Baby, Male
Dubious worshipper of äkim, Son of Deler Zuglarkulal & Kogan Mėshosdeduk + Brother to Obok Astelstukos, went missing in The Fall of Måmgoztilat

Notable Events of the past-
The Lava Tube Incident
In early 1052, the Miner/Engraver Urvad Idenaknûn finished carving a fortification next to the magma pool, releasing lava into the tunnel that lead to the Magma Workshop Pits. The lava came out before she could get away. Her feet immediately became critically damaged and she caught on fire, and ran out of the tunnel. She died in a workshop room due to blood loss. Her corpse burned away, leaving nothing but bones.

The Capture of Rigōth Nerstâkud
In autumn of 1052, a goblin Master Thief and a goblin Snatcher from Sorstâsost infiltrated the Fortress. The Master Thief was struck down, as the dwarves went back to their duties, the snatcher appeared and snatched Rigōth Nerstâkud. No dwarves were able to catch up, and the goblin escaped through the Stairway to the Magma Pool.

The First Skirmish
In spring of 1053, A party of five goblin Hammermen from Sorstâsost arrived in the middle of trade with an Elven Caravan from ėfomilefari. Three goblins died, two dwarves Died, and the elven caravan was wiped out. The goblins retreated.

The Battles of the Shredded Goblin
On the 16th of Hematite, 1053, 4 goblin Hammermen and 1 Goblin Macemen from Sorstâsost invaded, coinciding with the arrival of a human trade group from Pesor Takru. The Goblins were butchered with no Human or Dwarven loss of life. The last survivor from the spring's merchants from ėfomilefari became the only non-goblin casualty of the fight. All the goblins died, but a second wave came shortly afterward, consisting of four swordsmen and a bowmen. A fifth swordsman stood outside as a runner for the conflict. One bowman and the runner got away, a human swordsman was shot in the gut and Asën Gusgashoslan was shot through her lungs and slain. Other minor injuries were delivered, but the rest of the goblins were killed.

The Angry Diplomat Skirmish
On the 20th Limestone, goblins arrived to attack the caravan from Bëmbul âl. They at first were easily defeated, but a second wave of bowmen arrived on the 26th. They shot and killed the leader of the fortress, Kogan Mėshosdeduk, and her child, Obok Astelstukos. After a brief, bloody struggle, one dwarven caravan guard died, a few injuries. All the goblins were slain. Reg Satuzlar gained a minor spinal injury from this battle.

The Butchery of Cog Nomalnokgol
Cog Nomalnokgol exited the fortress on the 22nd of Granite in 1056, after a skrimish with goblin bowmen. He walked right into approaching Goblin Macemen and decided to run away from the safe fortress. Rîsen attempted to save him, but being only one dwarf was unable to. Cog was killed by four goblins that ripped his still beating heart out and showed it to him as he faded away. The attackers lost three goblins, two got away, that is in addition to the two bowmen whom died in a skirmish one day earlier.

The Fall of Måmgoztilat
Rîsen lead 4 goblin bowmen and a goblin Guard to the bridge and fell dead. The goblins crossed the bridge, slaughtered a human caravan, and then slaughtered Reg, Rovod, and Deler before running away out of ammunition. The second wave comes shortly afterward and kills Stodir and Kadôl. In the end, only 2 goblins were killed. The fortress has officially fallen.

**********END OF FORTRESS INFORMATION**********

Fortress Map in Late Winter of 1054. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-2182-mmgoztilat

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Måmgoztilat, Home of Etestnovel of Bëmbul âl
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:44:00 am »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Summer, 16th Hematite
The Human traders recently arrived and did us a great favor. Sorstâsost goblins were sneaking into our tunnel while Reg Satzuglar was fetching a drink. They had already passed our functional defenses when the Human Guards yelled out to us about goblins in our entryway. Myself, Rîsen Atolled, Stodir Bomrekimesh, and Asën Gusgashoslan rushed up to reinforce Reg Satzuglar, whom was just returning to his station. We arrived just as the goblins started a charge for Reg Satzuglar. We all grabbed the front goblin together while Reg shot his arrows at the goblins at the goblins to the rear. As we pulled in different directions, the goblin was dismembered. At the same time, Reg had downed a goblin of his own. With the loss of their comrades, the rest of the goblins turned tail to run. This was a mistake, since they ran into the human guards rushing to the front of their caravan. When the Dust Settled, Trader Hallway, from bridge to bridge, was covered in goblin blood. One of the human merchants had taken a few blows, but suffered little lasting harm. The elf, alas, was not so lucky. The main goal of the Goblin Attack seems to have been to leave no elves alive, so as to weaken our standing with ėfomilefari. They succeeded, as the last of the elf merchants has been struck down.

We attempted to talk him into returning home, but he felt he was safer in our fortress. Alas, elves are not known for being rational.

(Edit: Bolded)

[ February 28, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Summer, 21st Hematite
Having defeated the goblin invaders, most of the fortress went back to Stodir's party to celebrate. The celebration was short-lived, however, as the humans above whom were busy unloading their goods shouted out ambush. This time they were on the other side of the First Bridges in Trader Hallway. I shouted down to the dwarves down below "PULL THE LEVER!" as I ran up the stairs, abandoning my meeting with the Human Guild Representative and mentally preparing myself for a conflict. I made a mental note to tell off my evon{lover} for not getting the mechanisms for the second bridge connected yet. As helpful as the humans have been to us, all the humans in the world are not worth a single dwarf. Still, this shows me a new policy of retracting the bridges to the fortress after the caravan has arrived needs to be instituted. I also decided that armor will be needed for our entire reaction force, since these goblin attacks are getting very frequent. Delar was the first on top, and shouted out the situation.

Delar Zuglarkulal: "Four Goblins with swords, one with a bow!"

The situation was dire. A single goblin swordsman was trouble, four could hurt us badly, but toss in the bowman, and even retracted bridges couldn't help us.

Delar Zuglarkulal: "They have crossed the bridge!"

I had managed to take five steps. I could see Asën in front of me, at the top of the steps. Delar was out of sight, so he must have been by the inside bridge by that point, if not even further. I reached the top of the ramp and had a look.

Kogan Mėshosdeduk: "Nashonagak ziril!"

Those goblins looked tough, and had already crossed the first bridge. Yes, my evon was going to hear it, if any of us survived. I didn't call out to cancel the lever pulling, since there might be more, and that way they wouldn't be able to escape from us. Delar looked grim, and started humming the battle song. I hoped that the extra concentration from it would focus him enough that he wouldn't be too badly hurt by the goblins, I am not sure how I could live without him. I would just order him back, but there was more then just me to worry about. We had Four other dwarves who can't defend themselves below, plus the fact they would hunt us down one by one and kill us if we didn't band together now, with the humans, and fight these goblins.
Delar slammed into the lead goblin with his left upper arm. The impact seemed to have moderatly wounded his arm but stunned the goblin. The humans had not moved!  
The next goblin was closer to Delar then either myself or Asën was. Things are looking grim indeed. Reg was still who knows where. We could seriously use a good marksdwarf right about now. The goblin shook off the blow from Delar's charge and swung his iron scimitar at Delar. Delar managed to dodge the blow, but was unable to land a solid blow of his own. One of the human swordsmen walked out to assist us. The second goblin swordsman reached the first and stood next to him, presenting a unified front against poor Delar. Fortunatly, Lubbe Aradduka, a human lasher, steped up to stand by the side of Delar. I kept rushing to get to my evon's side, and took an arrow in my lower left arm. This inspired me to run quicker, and I managed to beat Asën to the goblin line.

The second goblin stepped back from the shoulder of the first goblin. Delar saw the goblin in front of me and slammed into him, pushing the goblin back. Delar at that point was surrounded on all sides by goblins. I couldn't have that, and grabbed one of the goblins next to him. Delar crossed behind me and prepared to assist with the goblin, while another goblin chased him. Meanwhile, the human lasher whipped the first goblin to death, and the human swordsman took an arrow in the gut. The goblin that was chasing Delar collided with him, hitting him hard in the right leg, but Delar slapped him down, stunning the goblin as it impacted. The Human swordsman and maceman had paired up and were proceeding to slaughter the next goblin, while I attempted to subdue the goblin on top of me as Delar Ripped the Goblin in half, throwing the lower body to the ground next to him. I saw that the goblin bowman was on the other side of the bridge, and knew we had this battle in the bag.

Kogan Mėshosdeduk:  "Don't Pull the lever!"

I hoped it wasn't already pulled. If it was, we were going to take a drink as the bridge fell out under us. I had gotten a good grip of the goblin's legs and broke his right lower leg. I bruised it's left upper leg in the process. I grabbed the goblin by the right hand and threw it against the far wall. I felt a few fingers break in the process. We all ran up and butchered the unconcious goblin, and turned to the bowman. Unfortunatly, the bowman had gotten a shot off at Asën, and it punched into his upper body.

Stozu Snabazstrog: "Stozu Snabazstrog Pierces little dwarfie! Die little dwarfie, die!"

He coughed some blood out and fell unconscious. The goblins retreated, and I called off our persuit. Asën did not look good when he fell. I took a look, the arrow punched through both his lungs, mangling them. Asën was having trouble breathing, and not likely to wake up.

I ordered the bridge lowered for safety's sake and went to the task of cleaning up the mess.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 05:13:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid Summer, 11th Malachite
The traders decided it was time to leave. We are sorry to see them go. Before they left, we traded some mechanisms and other trade goods to them for some metals, wine, an extra pick, and wood. Stodir started working on coffins for the dead, whom all have remained unburied up to this point. We plan to bury them in the crypts we are carving out. Reg was good friends with Asën, and I suspect had Asën lived, a romance might have been in the making. He has taken it hard, blaming himself for not being on duty at that point. He has been training extra-hard since. My evon Deler has finally finished linking the lever to the inner bridges. Hopfully an event like the death of Asën will never occur again.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Late Summer, 2nd Galena
I ordered two large storage spaces dug out near the Trade Depot. We needed a new place to store mechanisms, since Delar has made so many in his attempt to become a legendary mechanic.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Late Summer, 5th Galena
I ordered our Marksdwarf, Reg Satzuglar, to do some mining. I noticed that while he looks tough, he has had problems moving around in it's armor. A little extra strength gained from mining will do him good in the next fight.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Autumn, 1st Limestone
If we had armor, Asën probably wouldn't have taken such extensive chest damage, resulting in her death. In the Battles of the Shredded Goblin, I decided to armor the entire fortress. This goal hasn't been lost, only our armorer has. As such, we need a new one. Our Metalsmith has been standing idle recently, so I have informed her it is her task to armor the entire fortress. I suspect that we won't have very good armor, but some is better then none. And who knows, she may learn enough about armor to create a few good pieces. I have ordered the melting of all metal objects that aren't weapons or armor that we can use currently. I am expecting to have enough metal to outfit every one of us in some kind of metal plate armor. I have also decided that equipping all the dwarves with Scimitars and shields wouldn't be a bad thing, especially if we train with them.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Autumn, 8th Limestone
Wonder of wonders, Deler has finally married me! I am now the wife of Deler Zuglarkulal. I have given up my bedroom, though it isn't like it matters. We have fourteen beds and only nine dwarves. My armoring project has gone well so far, all the dwarves have picked up Iron Shields. Since every dwarf knows they need to be a goblin hunter, they will keep them close. As Rovod melts down iron for more armor, we shall all get armor. I am looking forward to the day when a goblin attack does not bring about the need for coffins.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Autumn, 14th Limestone
The caravan from Bëmbul âl has arrived. We won't be lowering our bridge to begin trading until we are sure no goblins came with them.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Autumn, 21st Limestone
Thieves arrived with the caravan, but we didn't let them in. When the caravan dealt with the thieves, we gave them a layer of protection and opened the bridge to our fort. The laison is still outside, we plan to allow him in shortly.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Autumn, 3rd Sandstone
We bought Cave Wheat, Sweet Pods, and pig tails from the traders. We expect to improve our diet next year, depending on if we can spare anyone for processing and cooking these new crops. We are also buying out the trader's supply of metal for melting down It might just reduce our stockpile of mechanisms by a decent amount.

notxmania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

Ooh, wonderful! I'd like to claim the marksdwarf, please.
Screw this I can't think of a sig and this will be an eternal reminder of my writer's block and frustration.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 07:10:00 pm »

notxmania, any special nicknames you want on your dwarf?

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Autumn, 4th Sandstone
Rîsen thinks she is funny. She got her hands on Stodir's notes and built some of the supports. Since she appears to have so much free time, I have ordered her to practice her crossbowdwarfship.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Autumn, 14th Sandstone
The traders from Bëmbul âl have left today. We didn't quite buy everything steel from them, but we came awfully close. Rovod Thedakral will have her hands full for quite awhile melting it all down and processing it into armor.

notxmania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>notxmania, any special nicknames you want on your dwarf?</STRONG>

Not particularly, no.

Screw this I can't think of a sig and this will be an eternal reminder of my writer's block and frustration.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Autumn, 21st Sandstone
Our Outpost Liaison, Eshtân Obokr, asked what we would like brought in the next caravan. I informed him that we desperatly need steel, and we could use some wood and charcoal. He informed me that if we need it that badly, we can pay 21% more for wood, 108% more for steel, and 20% more for charcoal. I accepted this, since we need them to bring us those items if we are to have the weaponry to handle the goblin attacks. Eshtân informed me that some of the nearby fortresses could use wooden amulets and ammunition pretty badly, and that there were shortages of seeds, shields, and large gems Civilization wide. He also expressed a desire for prepared meals, tanned hides, refined coal, and legwear. He also said spears and meat would fetch a decent price, if we were willing to get some together. I told him I would see what we could do. I suspect we might decide to part with some of our bone bolts come next autumn.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Autumn, 27st Sandstone
Reg Satzuglar was found sleeping in the corridors again. I'm not sure if it is because he finds it comfortable, or if it's so he is closer to the combat zone.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Late Autumn, 17th Timber
Rovod got it into her head somehow to take some of our rose gold and turn it into flasks. I don't know exactly why she chose to do it, but we now have 6 rose gold flasks.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Winter, 16th Moonstone
I came up with an excellent idea today. Catapults! If the trader hallway is covered with a catapult, it will increase our ability to handle the goblin attacks. I adjusted the plans for the digging on the trader level to allow for this to be added.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Winter, 20th Moonstone
A thief was sighted in the fortress. We sealed up the entry, we expect to find him eventually.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Early Winter, 14th Opal
We still haven't found the thief. We are pretty sure he is trapped inside the fortress. I have ordered some cage traps constructed in trader hallway. Hopefully we can catch him with one of those.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 01:12:00 am »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1053, Mid-Winter, 26th Opal
Our lack of metals is a serious problem. While melting the junk we have will solve some of the concern, we need mines for more copper. I have ordered a mine to be started. Given the fact that mines can lead to dangerous places, I have ordered a complex system to provide marksdwarves a large hall to fire into safely. I believe I will also create a system to flood the entire mine, just in case all is lost and we must abandon our digging efforts.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Spring, 1st Granite
Three years we have been here. Three years. When we first arrived, we arrived with seven dwarves. Myself, Rîsen Atolled, Stodir Bomrekimesh, Rovod Thedakral, Asën Gusgashoslan, Deler Zuglarkulal, and Urvad Idenaknûn. The first arrival after we established ourselves was Imush Ledzasit, followed by Atîs ïngizmeden, then Cog Nomalnokgol, then îton Abanral, his wife Kadôl Arbanatír, and their two children Reg Satzuglar and Rigōth Nerstâkud. Five of the original seven still live. Just the same, the others have become valuable members of the community, some, such as Kadôl Arbanatír, are directly responsible for the success of the fortress. As per our charter with Queen Led Kûbukudist, we cannot accept immigrants as our primary population growth. Immigrants do not come to our fortress, regardless of the tales of wealth that spread out with the traders, because doing so would defy the edict of the Queen. Last year, we saw major attacks from goblins, killing several of our number, each irreplaceable. As Expidetion leader, I have the right to set the goal for the year for the fortress. The goals for the last three years have been exactly the same, make the shell of a self-sustaining fortress. The shell is made, so now what? Either the fortress becomes more militant, or we must grow our population. I intend to release all personnel not active in the creation of our weapons of war or our food from their tasks, and allow them all to socialize and see what develops. The Goal for the year is to encourage population growth without loosing our military edge. The Dwarves Rîsen Atolled and Reg Satzuglar will be responsible for the safety of the fortress, and have been drafted into the military as of today. Kadôl Arbanatír will keep her farming job. All other jobs will be removed except for Food Hauling, Cleaning, and Health Care. The forges will be restarted midsummer, the Architecture training will begin again next year if feasible. Reg and Rîsen will train on the sword to conserve crossbow bolts. The Dwarves will still remain ready to be invaded, however, and keep their armor close. It is a drastic change, but it is an ambitious goal.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Spring, 16th Granite
The elven trade caravans arrived. Last time this brought goblin attack. We are bringing mechanisms created last year to trade off for wood, just in case there is wooden objects we want. Reg's squad has been activated and will be watching the area closely.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Spring, 28th Granite
I traded some medium-quality mechanisms for a female cougar. If the elves ever come around with a male cougar, we might go ahead and buy that from them as well. I have made it available to be a pet. I am sure it will help our defensive capabilities.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Summer, 15th Hematite
I have decided to restart the forges a few days early. I have also decided to get the fortress stone improved. Some new friendships have sparked up, but nothing more. The Human Caravan has arrived. Just as before, we plan to trade our Leftover Mechanisms to them first. No metal though, metal is too prec...

Human Caravan, Faintly: "We are under attack!"

Goblins have arrived!

Kogan Mėshosdeduk: "Quickly! Pull the Interior Lever! Reg, Rîsen, Stand to your range stations!"

The Interior Bridge lever has been ordered to be pulled, and Reg and have been ordered to grab their crossbows and stand to duty. Now is the time to see if our armor has paid off.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Summer, 16th Hematite
Rîsen arrived into the entry hall to hear the weirdest story from the humans. The shout from outside wasn't about goblins, it was about kobolds. Appearently the thief from last fall had fetched a group of his friends to steal more of our treasures. The Human Guild Representative walked right into their arrows, but the Merchant Guards killed some of the Kobolds and forced the rest to retreat. We have lowered the bridge and will now trade again with the humans. We feel sorry for their loss, but that is what happens when they don't come in strength to trade with us. We aren't a safe post, but they must really want our mechanisms.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Mid-Summer, 17th Malachite
The Traders have departed. I've ordered our Muskox to be tied outside. The idea is that the muskox will not die quietly, and if Goblins arrive, we will have time to get our bridges retracted. On that note, I am also ordering the rest of the outer bridges to be linked with Masterwork Mechanisms. Only two of them will be linked for now, but someday we will have all our bridges linked with masterwork Mechanisms.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Mid-Summer, 17th Malachite
I have had a baby! It is a baby boy, I have named him Likot Rakustumstiz. We are all on duty hauling stuff that has been on the surface for awhile, trying to gather the materials below so that we may use it and shut our bridges up tight. Hopefully we manage to get the surface picked clean before any goblins show up. Even our military dwarves have been drafted into the effort. My new baby does not excuse me from this duty either. We must get ready for any potential long sieges.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Autumn, 2nd Limestone
I feel bad for the muskox, so I have decided to spend my break with the poor animal outside in the rain. I know that with the quantity of the puke around his chain I am not the only one who does it, but when I look into His beady little eyes, I know I must spend my break outside with this muskox instead of inside the nice dry meeting hall.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Autumn, 12th Limestone
The Traders from Bëmbul âl have arrived.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Autumn, 16th Limestone
We traded some mechanisms for more metal bars. We have quite a bit of them now, but very little that is decent for armor making.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Mid-Autumn, 13th Sandstone
The Merchants from Bëmbul âl have departed.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1054, Early Winter, 25th Moonstone
The Liaison has finally decided to talk to me, after checking our entire fortress to ensure we haven't scammed him. He asked what we want next season. I told him Lots and Lots of steel, any charcoal he wished to bring, and some armor-making metal would be nice as well. As usual, he told us he would be overcharging us for it when it shows up next winter. He asked us to think about producing Blocks and Refined coal from him. He also gave a list of things that were running low in other places, but the point was moot. I informed him we will sell to him Rock Mechanisms, though we might give him some blocks as well next season. We would also sell him junk we find after attacks by Kobolds and Goblins. At that point Likot started fussing, so I ended our meeting.

Record Keeper Kogan Mėshosdeduk, 1055, Early Spring, 1 Granite
Massive changes has been done to the fortress. We have dug out a space to use as a dungeon, in case we ever need one. We have 44 cells in the dungeon, plus a dining room, office, and bedroom for a Sheriff. We also built a with a dining room and a bedroom off the throneroom for the fortress ruler. We also built a Treasure room, linked to the leader's dining room. This is in addition to the water control room built near the catapult location, the two storage rooms near the trade depot, and the entrance to the mines. We rebuilt the Magma Forge out of Rose Gold with a Steel Anvil in the center. We are making a second Magma Smelter to melt down the metal quicker. The Goal for last year was increase relationships. Some new friendships have been achieved, but I feel that the goal was not met. We did have a positive event, the birth of a new Dwarf, bringing our population back up to 10. I believe I will repeat last year's goal of increasing relationships. Reg and Rîsen struck up a friendship while sparring, so I plan to get every dwarf introduced to each other by setting them to spar with each other for a little bit. This should encourage dwarves to meet each other more often outside of sparring as well.

(MAP HAS BEEN UPDATED TO CURRENT STATUS! http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-2182-mmgoztilat)
(Edit: New year date missing. Fixed.)

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

Lemnx

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding Cheese
    • View Profile
    • Lem_Nx
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

Too much to read o.O AUUUGGHH!!....

It sure does look promising... I'll read it all later!

..."I bumped Nist Akath and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13:00 am »

I'd like to take Rovod Thedakral.

May I suggest minting some gold coins/making aluminum crafts?

Pages: [1] 2