Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Måmgoztilat, Home of Etestnovel of Bėmbul āl  (Read 3349 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Måmgoztilat, Home of Etestnovel of Bėmbul āl
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 02:29:00 am »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Spring, 11th Granite
Rovod's been up to her strange games again. First the Rose Gold Flasks, now she has minted some 2000 gold coins. She claims it's because iconography of the clan and civilization is lacking. She said that something had to show our symbol. I think she is just obsessed with gold and feels the need to make things out of it. Either way, we now have a large amount of coins sitting in our treasury.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Spring, 16th Granite
Merchants have arrived from ģfomilefari. I hope they brought a male cougar.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Mid-Spring, 15th Slate
We decided not to trade with the elves at all this season. I was bringing some stone mechanisms up to the depot for trade when one made a crack about Likot. I didn't even bother looking at their goods at that point, and instead took Likot a bit further down the hall and took a nap instead. When my nap was over, we all went down to the meeting hall and had some drinks. The elves got the message and left.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 02:59:00 am »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Late Spring, 1st Felsite
Rovod made an aluminum earring today. It looked very nice, but I had to inform Rovod that an Aluminum Earring doesn't stop goblin arrows. I think she got the message and will use up our iron supply on new armor before going back to her work with the more precious metals. I'm sure with how fast she works she will be done in no time at all, and start crafting with other metals. Our metal stocks are much improved, mostly due to Rovod's diligent work melting down useless items.

We don't have anything to work as flux to forge our iron into steel, nor are we using our steel stockpile just yet. We are waiting for Rovod to feel confident about her crafting abilities, and then we shall all have much better armor then we currently have.

There has been quite a bit of socializing going on lately. Rovod and Rīsen even put aside their differences for a time and attended the same party. Nothing developed, but it was still nice to get everyone who wasn't serving in the military at the time in the hall all together at once. Stodir and Imush are our current defense force, and they are keeping the entry hall safe for the arrival of the humans here in another 45 or so days.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Late Spring, 27th Felsite
I have had another baby. I have named her Obok Astelstukos.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 09:07:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 9th Hematite
Traders from Pesor Takru have arrived.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 18th Hematite
I traded with the human delegation. I bought all the metals and wood they had. I also bought some emerald dye.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 19th Hematite
Stodir and Imush were seen sharing a private moment earlier, It does appear as if their training has turned into something a little more serious.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 21st Hematite
Rovod and Cog have been rotated to military duty, relieving Stodir and Imush. If nothing develops between them by Autumn, Rovod will be rotated out and Rīsen rotated in. Hopefully one of the two women will find Cog compatible. If neither like cog, I will try Reg. It would be nice to have more little dwarves running around, and that would sure help place Måmgoztilat on the map.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 9th Malachite
The traders from Pesor Takru have left.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Summer, 21st Malachite
Stodir has decided to produce furnature to liven up all our rooms. The rest of us, having nothing better to do, are smoothing the walls of the fortress.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2008, 02:02:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Late Summer, 26st Galena
My son Likot has grown into a child.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Autumn, 14th Limestone
The caravan from Bėmbul āl arrived today.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Autumn, 18th Limestone
Goblins arrived as the caravan has finally reached the trade depot. The bridges both have been ordered to be dropped, and the current active duty military, Rovod and Cog, have been ordered to stand down. Reg and Rīsen have been activated and ordered to wield crossbows.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Autumn, 19th Limestone
The Interior bridge has been dropped. Exterior bridge is open. Reg and Rīsen have reached the guard room with crossbows.
Rīsen took careful aim through the fortification and shot a goblin in the lower body. The bolt appeared to have hit some critical organs and possibly damaged the goblin's spine. Meanwhile, the Dwarven Caravan guards advanced on the goblins and delivered a smackdown. Reg shot a bolt of his own, but it missed his target, his target having been thrown back by a Macedwarf, bouncing off his steel helm but causing no damage.

Rakust Sarveshurol: "Watch where yer shooting!"

One of the five goblins fell to a hammerdwarf guard, and Reg shot another bolt, piercing his goblin target through the upper body and into the left lung. One of the goblins picked up a shot arrow and threw it at Rīsen, whom easily dodged it. Two more goblins fell, and Rīsen ran up to the fortifications with a recently grabbed bundle of bone bolts and shot another bolt. It hit the goblin in the right upper leg, doing very little damage. One of the Guards knocked a goblin out. Reg took careful aim and put a bolt through it's heart.

The last goblin started to fall back, badly hurt from a slap across the face with a hammer. Rīsen took a shot at the goblin, but missed it. It reached the bridge, about to escape. Rīsen took one last shot at it, and the arrow punched through the leg and the goblin fell to the ground! Rīsen quickly fired another shot at the goblin, punching through the right hand. The Dwarven Caravan guards slew the goblin while it was down. Besides the two guard animals, nothing was hurt in this small skirmish. The Marksdwarves were ordered to stand down, but given the fact that it appears new goblin attacks have begun, they have not been released from duty.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2008, 02:37:00 pm »

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Autumn, 20th Limestone
A kabold thief poped up to loot the battlefield, and discovered all the corpses around surrounded by Dwarven Warriors. As fast as he tried to run, he took an arrow through the lung from Reg, and didn't make it very far.

Record Keeper Kogan Mģshosdeduk, 1055, Early Autumn, 25th Limestone
Another goblin attack. The bridges have been ordered to be dropped. This time we have even less notice, they are almost across already. They are all carrying bows, except for one with an iron battleaxe. This will not be good.
The Goblins released arrows at me. I turned around and shielded obok with my body, hoping that my copper armor held out. It did, and the arrows bounced harmlessly off. I turned around and started advancing menacingly at them. The goblins launched another volley. Reg stepped up to the fortifications from the Guard Room. The arrow bounced off my copper platemail, but the rear end slapped me hard on my second finger of my left hand. The arrow went through my brestplate, and blood is gushing out. As I bleed to death, I see my baby, Obok, shot down by goblins in front of my fading eyes. Why did I cross the bridges? Why?

******* 1055, Early Autumn, 26th Limestone
New Noble: Outpost Broker: Deler Zuglarkulal
New Noble: Treasurer: Deler Zuglarkulal
New Noble: Outpost Manager: Deler Zuglarkulal

Deler Zuglarkulal, 1055, Early Autumn, 26th Limestone
The goblins were routed, but my wife and young daughter... I cannot speak of it, it is too horrible. Curse the diplomat from Bėmbul āl for calling my wife up to him to meet. Curse the goblins from Sorstāsost for coming at all!
*The rest of the record consists of dwarvish swearing and oaths of vengeance against Bėmbul āl and Sorstāsost.*

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2008, 05:38:00 pm »

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1055, Early Autumn, 27th Limestone
Why äs, why have you taken my wife and child? Only Likot gets me through the day. Likot and thinking how many tiny pieces the Giant Axe Blades that Rovod is making will chop Goblins into. I have devoted myself to the construction of several Masterful Mechanisms to slaughter hostile invading goblins. Cog is redesigning the entryway so as to fit 12 of these new articles into the entry. All our spare iron has been devoted to the creation of Giant Axe Blades to place into these future machines of death. No escape will be allowed for invaders ever again!

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1055, Mid-Autumn, 14th Sandstone
The enogevon traders from Bėmbul āl have left. Good riddance!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1055, Early Winter, 17th Moonstone
Our Mason, Stodir Bomrekimesh, has been chosen as the new expedition leader. I still don't have the perfect mechanism for attaching to our giant axe blades. Soon though, soon.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1055, Late Winter, 8th Obsidian
The trap is made. 10 Giant Axe Blades operated by masterful quality mechanisms. There is still room to travel next to it, I am waiting for Rovod to get more giant axe blades made for the next trap. Stodir delivered her own orders. She wants an entire external fortress.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Spring, 1st Granite
A very strange new goal for the year has been issued by Stodir. Her command is to stripmine nearby mountains. I understand she feels the need for us to have more stone, but this is a little ridiculous.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Spring, 15th Granite
The Goblins have returned. All dwarves are ordered to rush inside. they are Archers. A major design flaw was found in the structure of the entrance. There is no access to the well without being shot at by enemy goblins. As a result, the Entrance room will be redesigned. The second Bridge will be Removed.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Spring, 21st Granite
There was a "Lever Malfunction", Resulting in the Goblins being released on the elves. This would have worked nicely, except for cog, who at that time opened the path to the fortress through a new location in the trade depot. My trap worked beautifully, killing one goblin solid. The rest are up to the elves.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Spring, 21st Granite
Rīsen charged the goblins! I have no clue what she was thinking, but she pulled out her crossbow and rescued the elves. She shot one down and routed the rest.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Spring, 22nd Granite
We started chasing the goblins out of the cave, and ran into the next wave. Cog, the fool that he is, stepped out and then retreated away from them but away from the path into the fortress too! Rīsen rushed out crossbow blazing to save Cog.
The lead goblin caught up with Cog as he fell over puking from the light of the sun. They missed him, but his light sickness severly hampered him as he tried to get away from the goblins. Fortunatly, Rīsen was there to give the goblins a prickly distraction. Unfortunatly, Rīsen concentrated on the lead goblin as the other four broke Cog's hand, and then ripped his heart out! Rīsen killed three of the five goblins. The other two escaped. Reg finally showed up.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 10:15:00 pm »

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Summer, 17th Hematite
The Human traders from Pesor Takru have arrived. We don't plan on trading with them, since we are doing a massive cleanup project on the surface, gathering all our materials into the fortress for melting down.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Summer, 21th Hematite
Goblins have arrived. Our time of cleanup is over. We are retreating underground

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Summer, 23th Hematite
Rīsen was run down and slaughtered. The goblins are now at the bridge exchanging fire with the humans.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Summer, 24th Hematite
The humans are all slaughtered. I have to confess, I forgot to link the new bridges to the lever. The goblins now have free access to the keep, every dwarf has been mustered to fight them off.

Record Keeper Deler Zuglarkulal, 1056, Early Summer, 24th Hematite
Reg is the first to engage the goblins. He has shot one of the goblins through the foot. The goblins have returned fire, Reg has taken a hit in his upper body, he doesn't look too good. I've reached the top of the ramp, followed by Rovod. We advanced under heavy fire. Strondo Aslotubspru has killed Rovod! I've been hit, my leg is horribly mangled. Imush, Stodir's squad leader is sleeping, so Stodir is put in charge of her squad. Arrows are raining down around me, wait, they seem to be fadeing. The goblins are running out of arrows! I still live, though my leg is bleeding heavily... I am starting to feel faint...

******* 1055, Early Autumn, 25th Hematite
Death: Deler Zuglarkulal has bled to death
Death: Reg Satzuglar has suffocated to death
Goblins have retreated, 2 killed (Thank the trap and a human), 3 escape.
New Noble: Outpost Broker: Stodir Bomrekimesh
New Noble: Treasurer: Stodir Bomrekimesh
New Noble: Outpost Manager: Stodir Bomrekimesh

Stodir Bomrekimesh, 1055, Early Autumn, 27th Hematite
The Horrors never end! A new ambush, the goblin macemen are on our side of the bridge. I have rushed up to the surface, with the only other surviving adult concious dwarf, Kadōl Arbanatķr. I've ordered the bridge dropped, so if we survive this, we might survive a little longer. It is unknown how five goblins managed to kill Rīsen, slaughter all the humans and still have enough arrows left over to lay three of us down with our full plate armor, but now there is no way they can match my wrestling skills. Kadōl might have some trouble, but I'm sure we have this down. I advance on the nearest goblin, with Kadōl just a few steps behind me, the goblins rush to us. I break the leader goblin's lower arm, one of the macemen hit me in the head, I fall to the ground, knocked unconcious.

Kadōl Bruises a goblin's upper torso, the goblin guard chops into Kadōl, slicing open her upper arm. Kadōl hurts a goblin macemen's upper torso. Stodir is struck by a goblin maceman, Stodir's leg is hurt. Kadōl damages a goblin maceman's arm, the goblin maceman is thrown across the hall. Stodir is struck down. Kadōl is struck down.

******* 1055, Early Autumn, 27th Hematite******************************************************************************

Fortress declared ended.

Man I'm pissed off, there was ONLY FOUR GOBLINS WITH BOWS, and yet they killed some 10 or so humans and four dwarves. Only survivors were the child and sleeper, fighting goblins that were mostly untouched. It was a fun game, but I think I'll train a few extra bowmen of my own next time. I was sure Rīsen was destined for the history books as the greatest marksdwarf of all time when she routed the goblins during the Butchery of Cog, but I guess that was just because she wasn't the one being picked on. I should have shut the bridge the moment she was attacked and sacrificed her, but since we were down to 8 dwarves, I wanted her to live  :(

Oh well. Loosing is fun, expecially in a no Immigration Fortresses!

At least not a lot of people picked up on this. I hope the readers enjoyed the fall of Måmgoztilat. I was kind of hoping for a dramatic fight with demons for a conclusion, with Måmgoztilat victorious and with a population over 100, ensuring it's place as a real fortress, but it didn't happen.

Pages: 1 [2]