Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)  (Read 23264 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaoschain(Hydra Fortress)
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

You had time. Equipment was revised. Embarkation has occurred.

(Edit 1)
*Sweet Pods are not an available food source! What do you want instead?
Lacking a response, the mix will be turtles and Plump Helmets*
(Edit 2)
The food didn't break dead even. You have 15 Turtles, 15 Plump Helmets, 30 Dwarven Beers(your favorite drink)
I am taking small liberties with your inventory list since you expressed a desire for Sweet Pods. As such, with the remaining 4 points, rather then spend them on 1 more turtle and 1 more beer, I am giving you 4 sweet pod seeds. If you get back to me before this, then I can put what you want instead, but since you specified sweet pods, I will throw away your "extra" points into there rather then conserve them for your trading currency or toss off the even balance.

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

Embarcation has occured.
Here are the inventory lists to each fortress. Please note that you guys can name your groups anything you want, and it will be referenced as such.

Mulch Diggums's
1 Copper Pick
10 Dwarven Ale
10 Turtle
5 Plump Tail Spawn
6 dogs
3 cats

Impending Doom's (Lacking any sound player at startup, this position has spent only experence points, 145 Currency
1 Copper Pick
10 Dwarven Beer
10 Turtle
5 Plump Tail Spawn

Mekali's (1)
2 Copper Picks
26 Dwarven Wine
10 Turtle
5 plump helmets
9 Plump Tail Spawn
1 pig tail rope
2 Dogs
1 Cat

Istrian's (0)
1 Copper Pick
60 Dwarven Rum
60 Turtle
5 Plump Tail Spawn

Cobbles the builder's (4)
1 Copper Pick
15 Dwarven Rum
4 Dwarven Ale
10 Plump Tail Spawn
5 Pig Tail Seeds
10 Turtle
4 Horse Meat
5 Mule Meat
2 Mule Leather
2 Pig Tail Thread
10 Tower-Cap Logs
1 War Dog

Kira's (0)
1 Copper Pick
30 Dwarven Beer
15 Turtle
15 Plump Helmets
5 Plump Tail Spawn
4 Sweet Pod Seeds
5 Tower-Cap Logs
1 Dog

[ April 13, 2008: Message edited by: Kogan Loloklam ]

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 08:20:00 pm »

Mulch drops his second to last bottle of martinelli's sparkling apple juice and pulls his last out of his pack. "Ah the one thing im going to miss from that flea market of a trading outpost is this great apple juice we got from the elves...Going to have to travel back there one day when I have this place up and runing!" Mulch uses the point of his pick axe to open the bottle cap on the bottle of apple juice and drinks down have of it and smashes the bottle onto a rock on the ground "This fortress shall be known as Martinelli's!". He then passes out, for he is slightly alergic to apples.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 08:25:00 pm »

To better understand the Water coming into fortresses, and the magma, I present this image:

You will notice a small line around the boxes. The line is going to be filled with water, and will be "Tapped" when you want your water. It surrounds Z level -1, so that is where it comes from. It will fill the wide corridors that you see running between the forts. Those corridors don't connect with the weird "Lake encroachments" so you don't have to worry about water leaking in if you expose your fort to the surface, except in the places you will "tap" the water source. Magma will be done identically, 2 Z levels lower.

The weird chasm looking thing is the "source" of a brook, and where the water is piped in from. It might take some time for the entire system to be ready to be tapped. When it is, it will require a diging action, and not an engraving action, to tap it (since it is all sand)

Magma you will be able to engrave, though it will already flow through one fortification so you won't have to worry about fire imps attacking anyway.

DoctrZombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Web-Comedian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.playingdeadcomic.com
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

Mekali's fortress shall be known as "The Purple Cap"
DoctrZombie has been happy lately. He admired a masterwork poorly drawn webcomic lately.He wrote about a community fortress recently.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »

I would like to request the next availible migrant (unskilled peasent if possible, totally useless skills if not) who has the opposite gender of Cobbles, as a minion. Her nickname should be Roza.

The backstory for this dwarf: she was Cobbles stalker back in the mountainhomes. After Cobbles left she became highly depressed and her meloncholy was noticed by the baron. Being the understanding sort, the Baron granted her request to follow her hearts desire and sent her off in the first migration wave to Chaoschain.

Roza will attempt to "invent" as many possible ways to spend time with Cobbles in order to become his lover and eventually his wife. This mostly includes locking doors when they are in the same room as each other. BUILDING doors (both masonry and furniture hauling) when they are not, and convincing the other minons to stay as busy as possible so that she and Cobbles can be as free as possible.

Of course, anything that her loveache requests Roza will do without hesitation. Which could end up going counter to her overall plan.

[ April 14, 2008: Message edited by: Jamini ]

Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:00 pm »

Love your story Jamini, but to become Cobble's minion, he'd have to say so, since I consider commands by minions to be listened to unless explicitly told not to.

It would be very entertaining if a stalker could be an attack. Very entertaining indeed. Just the same, Cobbles(male) is safe from Roza or Sobek unless AlmostEverywhere takes on a minion. Feel free to write as much humorous attempts as you want about the "Evil Trade Master" preventing you from joining up with them, since that is where the pool of unassigned dwarves go.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 12:19:00 am »

Personalities/Deities:

AlmostEverywhere

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

Well, with a backstory like that, how can I say no?  Cobbles will, of course, start out completely oblivious to Roza/Sobrek's advances, at first mistaking his/her eagerness for a good work ethic.

My fortress will be named Lamid Beravuz, "Stonerock the Earth-Mine", or just Stonerock for short.  We'll make everything possible out of stone.

Also, "the builder" was meant as an adjetive more than part of a name... just "Cobbles" is fine.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 04:19:00 pm »

Just so you all know, I am running it. There was massive problems of theft of other people's foodstocks and drinkstocks. When it is all done and everyone is safely entombed in their fortress, I will post the "actual" inventories. It's mostly a turtle here or a dwarven ale there. The trader will supply some limited "Foreign Aid" of gathered plants to dwarves whose foodstocks are critical, but only if absolutely necessary, and that cuts off this winter.

After that, hopefully you have some kind of a trade deal with someone to get you some emergency food. A small percentage of Stone might be taxed from those who have extreme fortresses going on so as to provide the mechanisms for the Immigrant system.

Mulch Diggums, your fortress is ordered and almost finished.

DoctrZombie, I am very impressed with your design. I hadn't really looked at it except to be sure it met all the requirements (IE it stayed in your space). It is ordered up to the point where the stairs down to the stone are at. Just so you know, when you tap into the water source, you will be doing it with a upward ramp at the end of that hallway. Unfortunatly, your cat adopted you and now I don't know how to get it where it belongs.
Rock layer is z -3(obsidian). Above it is red sand, above that is yellow sand.

Working on cobble's supplies now, once they are moved, down goes his dog and him, and then I'll do his fortress. After that is Istrian's, and then I am tossing GeneralValter down into his hole. If GeneralValter doesn't show by the end of today then Boksi gets a chance. If Boksi doesn't at least check in by tomorrow before I start, Impending Doom takes the fortress.

Impending Doom, I have moved you to dwarfless minion of that fortress, You may make a fortress design for it if you wish. If Boksi or GeneralValter show up before you become actual lead of the fortress, they can choose to overrule your design, but they also can choose not to as well. Either way, I suspect you will be the one in charge by the start of the next season tomorrow. Make sure to include a farming plan, because I do not trust your food to hold out very long, and your already in a bad situation. If you wish to buy wood with your supplies though, the trader does have a large pile of wood he can sell to people.

This season might run long, since I am continuing until every fortress is occupied. That means the next one will run short.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2008, 06:16:00 pm »

I'll call my fort "Crashthunders The Doom of Trees" because there's going to be a very loud crash as the roof collapses on the first level of the fort (and your CPU is very likely to melt down with the dust cloud).

Anyway, a small addition to my previous plan : the food stockpile (1) should be set to hold no more than 4 barrels (the remainder are for brewing).

So far this look like a multiplayer mode for dwarf fortress  ;)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 06:47:00 pm »

The Fortresses are all occupied. Istrian's was last to be occupied.
Here are the "Revised" inventory lists, down to the barrel(except worn items).
All the dwarves are holding their picks, that is where it went. One other important item missing. More on that at the bottom of this manifest.

Mulch Diggums's
6 dogs MMMFFF
3 cats (One of the females Adopted Mekali, the bastard!) MFF
A bunch of Alunite
Some Andesite
Some Obsidian
2 Logs
2 Rough Yellow Zircons
2 Turtle Bones
2 Turtle Shell
4 Ale + 1 Barrel
8 Turtle + 1 Barrel
1 Empty Tower Cap Barrel

Fortress 2's
10 Dwarven Beer + 2 Barrel
9 Turtle + 1 Barrel
1 Turtle Bones
1 Turtle Shell

Mekali's
A Bunch of Obsidian
1 Copper Pick
2 Rock Doors (1 Placed)
1 pig tail rope
1 Plump Helmet Spawn (Planted)
20 Dwarven Wine + 5 Barrel
10 Turtle + 1 Barrel
7 plump helmets (thief!) + 1 Barrel
2 Dogs MF
0 Cat (It is outside, and when I can trick it into your fort, it will be a Male. It is one of 2 of your pets. The other pet is, you guessed it, with Mulch! It was his cat...)

Istrian's
54 Dwarven Rum + 12 Barrel
59 Turtle + 6 Barrel
1 Turtle Bones
1 Turtle Shell

Cobbles the builder's
Some Obsidian
Some Alunite
1 War Dog F
11 Dwarven Rum + 3 Barrel
5 Dwarven Ale + 1 Barrel (Thief.)
5 Pig Tail Seeds + 1 Bag
1 Horse Meat + 1 Barrel
5 Mule Meat + 1 Barrel
2 Pig Tail Thread
2 Mule Leather
10 Tower Cap Logs
8 Turtle + 1 Barrel

Kira's
5 Tower-Cap Logs
1 Dog F
15 Turtle + 2 Barrel
10 Plump Helmets + 1 Barrel
25 Dwarven Beer + 6 Barrel
4 Sweet Pod Seeds + 1 Bag

Here is the wonderful picture of the map as it stands, with everything either dug or ordered to be dug. http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-2470-chaoschain

Which begs the question, what the heck is going on with the Plump Helmet Spawn?!?!

Good question. The answer is, I cannot order spawn from a bag to be dumped until I can see the spawn, which means I have to get the trader recordkeeping away to update the stockpile records. When that is done, I can transfer spawn seeds.

Something to beware of people, it is entirely possible for one fortress to get 200 plump helmet seeds. As a result, I strongly suggest that everyone diversify your crops!
I will destroy seeds when someone gets too many in their stockpile that it starts to put others in jeopardy, but I might not always catch it. A diverse farming system will protect you from that.

That covered, the next season will be done tomorrow.  ;)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Istrian:
<STRONG>So far this look like a multiplayer mode for dwarf fortress   ;)</STRONG>

That was my goal. Server Kogan, at your service  ;)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

=\ what i think is my fort...realy dosn't look like i wanted..but oh well. have mulch build a craftsworkshop and a farm plot. Have him carve trinkets and plant plumps till imagrants arive.

Hm. If he starts to get low on booze make a still and have him make some more.

[ April 12, 2008: Message edited by: Mulch Diggums ]

ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2008, 07:39:00 pm »

:( I thought I had it dead on, too (Except for the fact it's 1 z-level lower then what I think you wanted, and the bridges remain unmade. The bridge will get made next season, don't worry. As for the engravings, I wanted to be sure the grand entry staircase was done correctly first. It can be widened. And remember, at the cost of stone I can always build constructions for you.

I also discovered a way to find out the stone stockpiles of everyone, so they will be accurately posted in the future.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13