Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Necrothreat V: The Dead Halls  (Read 24508 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Necrothreat V: The Dead Halls
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2020, 07:03:42 am »

I increased the melting and boiling point of Legos to match iron. That should solve the anvil issue in the future.
Nice

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2020, 03:18:07 pm »

Tried to trade with the hippies. Tried to trade some lego anvils, oversized armour, and trinkets for a giant lion, grizzly bear, and some instruments. Apparently one of the trinkets was made of wood so they got all whiny about it.

Our butcher is butchering up all the haxxors. It doesn't quite sit right with me, eating a sentient creature like that, but they sure do make a tasty roast. Even after they've been zombified.

Speaking of zombification, we dug out a tiny prison cell in the depths of the magma sea, with bars of blue lego. I hope the necromancer finds it cozy.

Doruk Kagunrak the forgotten beast slithers from the depths of the second cavern layer. It makes its way up the natural tunnel between the cavern layers leaving a trail of slime. The military waits for it at the entrance to the staircase.

The battle does not go well. The beast spits fireballs and seven of our brave soldiers burn to death before the beast is slain, Apiks among them. It is a high cost, but the beast finally gets a chainsaw to the heart.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not long after, an Ettin and a migration wave show up at nearly the same moment.

The Ettin brutally disemboweled a peasant before being double-beheaded by chainsaw.

The migrants had another necromancer among them, not even trying to hide. Another prison cell to dig out in the depths.

While all that was happening, a woodsmith had a strange mood and made an artifact wooden cabinet. From going into a mood to finishing the artifact it was the swiftest mood I have ever witnessed.

The ongoing major projects, carving minecart tracks and building the keep upwards into a glorious tower, are slow going. They keep being interrupted. Ur does not give much chance to rest. I put several of the new migrants to work as miners and masons to speed things up, and use others to replace those who died to the fire spitting slug. As a competent swordmite, I personally take over as Gamer Commander.

Dwarfy1 and Glass keep mining. Digging jail cells for necromancers, a secure entrance to the second cavern level, expanding the workshop levels, and creating a minecart track to haul magma. Lord Lemonpie carves stone doors and blocks, necessary to build the fortress up. TheFlame52 collects webs to spin into silk, to create fine clothing. Nord isn't very busy, crafting the occasional trinket including two large gems that the baroness asked for. Pikachu spends his days promoting synergistic management solutions. I study the blade.

It is nearing the end of spring.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2020, 09:24:17 am »

Any further developments, NAV?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2020, 02:00:49 pm »

Oh wow, I somehow missed this update. Must've pressed Mark all messages as read at exactly the wrong time.

Shame we didn't get that Giant Lion, and F in the chat for Apiks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2020, 05:32:00 pm »

F
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 29, 2020, 08:38:30 am »

It's been about 2 weeks, NAV are you there?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2020, 12:57:03 pm »

Hey. Sorry, I've been without internet for quite a while. I will post the save and final update later today.

Edit: Still without internet except for phone data. My apologies. I don't know when I will be able to upload. You can feel free to skip me if you want.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:16:34 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2020, 02:14:56 pm »

There is no rest for the fortress. We are under constant assault from above and below.

A necromancer showed up with a squad of Fell Slayers and an army of various undead. We charge out the gate, aiming to swiftly kill the necromancer. Cut the head off the proverbial snake. We clash with the fell slayers first. Despite coming out on top, we get bogged down before we can reach the necromancer and he is surrounded by his zombies. I sound the retreat. I got hit in the head with a mace, breaking my neck and completely paralyzing me. I watch as almost everyone makes it back to the fortress injured but alive, except for myself and a couple others who ran the wrong way. The Fell Slayer maceman pulverizes my body, but I can't feel it. Then he punches out my teeth, stomps my nose to pulp, bites my lips and cheeks to shreds before biting off my tongue and spitting it out.

The gates are closed. I am dead. The fortress is safe, but the outside belongs to the zombies. For now. Until they decide to leave, or we find a way to make them leave. Probably build a corridor of traps and lure them in. Hopefully before some migrants get here.

The hospital is very full, there are many scars but at least there aren't many permanent injuries.

The next level of the tower-keep is nearing completion. It will make a very good barracks.

The magma minecart track is progressing well. It has reached the lower cavern level.

No rest. A gigantic, mangy three eyed fox with a knobby shell. Beware its noxious fumes!

It appears right by the upper cavern entrance. Kills a pet Burger Bun-ny baby, kills TheFlame52, then gets swiftly put down. Its poison got on a couple forumites but they don't seem to be suffering too bad yet.

We have struck adamantine! Praise the miners.

Someone made an artifact fossilized bone crown, with forgotten beast leather. Impressive.

A few children have gotten a horrible illness. Fever, nausea, pain, and blisters covering every inch of their bodies. The illness spreads quickly, infecting many. Thankfully, it passes just as quickly and doesn’t seem to leave any permanent side effects.

The miners have started digging out a long, twisting, spiraling passageway. We will fill it with traps and lure the zombies through it to soften them up.

There is one particular zombie that is causing a lot of problems, and claiming the lives of most of the guests who can’t make it into the fortress. The Fell Slayer Pikeman Thine Ancone Vistrokmumot Uti.

Another forgotten beast shows up, a giant fire breathing badger with wings. It sets the Baroness’s cloak on fire. The dwarves make very quick work of it.

The Baroness survives, she gets all the fat burnt off her upper and lower body but she somehow survives.

Afterwards I send the army around the caverns exterminating dangerout beasts. Crundles, Trollfaces, and a reacher are easy targets. A Spiderbot is much more dangerous, injecting venom into at least 5 peasants who were in the caverns hauling adamantine. I order everyone to flee the second cavern, but they stay still. The spiderbot methodically injects our second best doctor, beekeeper, a crafter, and a legendary woodcutter. Why won’t they run? The fort can keep going but the losses sure hurt. Time to seal the caverns I guess, with all the forgotten beasts and other deadly things lately.

We really need to get that adamantine turned into weapons to fight these robot menaces. Datamined weapons just aren’t cutting it.

The Barracks are done. A bit square, but much better than training in the yard.

It seems my turn is up, my ghost is fading away...............

(Sorry for the turn cut slightly short. I will add images and the save soon)

Save

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:16:48 pm by NAV »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2020, 06:25:18 pm »

Well shit, guess I'm dead.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2020, 05:57:53 am »

I wasn't expecting this thing to get adamantine so soon.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2020, 07:13:24 am »

Adamantine is a prerequisite to not dying in this mod
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2020, 01:30:31 pm »

Oh boy, guess it's my turn then. Just as a note, I have never played modded besides a few 5 minute sessions.

LET THE FUN RISE

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2020, 05:28:47 am »

Good luck! Have Fun!

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2020, 01:43:24 pm »

In Autumn of 253, our leader NAV had fallen in battle. We are now surrounded by the undead outside, with the ghosts of those fallen floating around the surface. Many are afraid but a new leader has been elected. BlueKanary the peasant is now in power.

"What was that? I'm in charge? Good Grief."

I haven't the slightest clue how to run a fortress, but I knew one thing. No more hauling duty for me! I claim an empty office and make myself the leading Soulsmith from now on. I'll figure out what that actually means later.

I decided that it would be good for the fort to include a training regimen for everyone, not only would it increase morale but there will (hopefully) be less casualties as more forumites are not unprepared. -Note- Needs more equipment built

I hear of reports of a spiderbot in the caves, it had melted a few dwarves. I send in the militia to get it and even come down myself, but by the time it fell, it had already melted 10 forumites and quite a few were missing. Population is down to 66.

I decided to free the necromancers, partially. I personally have no problem with them wandering around as long as they stay away from the refuse pile, but I don't think all that many people like them. I have expanded their "prison" and gave them some weapons and armor to train with.

Ah yes, our first training month. It is now Timber and... How did that even happen? I swear. Our manager pikachu17 just jumped over the wall to fight some undead below, without even getting his equipment. At least it won't be lost to the siege.

After the spiderbot fiasco, everything has been running pretty smoothly so far. I had found some abandoned plans for a labyrinthine structure from NAV's old desk, it seems unfinished but I will check it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BlueKanary

• Bay Watcher
  • *Chirp Chirp*
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2020, 01:45:06 pm »

Just a question. since NAV cut his turn short, should I go to next autumn which is when I started, or till the spring after?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11