Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started  (Read 19406 times)

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the Dwarven Tournament - 1 round has started
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2008, 07:28:00 pm »

Hmm... so why doesn't the leader give a REGION which we can use, and we can select a fortress anywhere within the 14x14 or whatnot sized area to build a fort. that way there's still some variety, but still some constraint...

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 07, 2008, 12:15:00 am »

Playing the same area helps make the judging more fair, because we all have basically the same situation, its like a control in an experiment ....
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 08, 2008, 01:46:00 pm »

Well, is anyone doing anything? I sure have been!

---Diaries of the Zuglar Cabnul
--Undated
-We have embarked on the second journey. These nobles are crazy, but I've gotten to the second round so I won't complain! Apparently, the previous fortress was good, they liked the pumps, but it was boring. Well, we'll see about boring! This fortress will focus on efficiency and style both! Already, we have plans...

--1st Granite, 1054
-We have arrived! We shall found Shaftbury and win this insane competition for the prize! Already, we have started digging.

--15th Granite, 1054
-We have set up some makeshift workshops and cut down some trees. This is the beginning of our industry. IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS.

--19th Granite, 1054
-Already, Project Swordgrave has begun. It pays to think ahead, and we've already calculated where the foundations shall go.

--10th Slate, 1054
-Is it Slate already? Time flies. We have already dug out most of the entrance up to the Great Hall and started readying the site of the eventual trade depot.

--1st Felsite, 1054
-Nothing especial to report. We've dug out the main entrance and almost finished smoothing the trade depot site. We've also partially built Project Swordgrave's foundations.

--10th Felsite, 1054
-Great hall mining has begun. It won't be completed until after a few years though.

--1st Hematite, 1054
-Summer has come. With it comes nothing much especial. We're closing in on our goal for the year. Soon our farming cavern will have been dug out so we'll soon be able to sustain ourselves.

--13th Hematite, 1054
-We have dug out enough space to put up our first farm. Other things, such as workshops and stockpiles, will follow later on.

--20th Hematite, 1054
-Project Power has also begun now. Along with Project Statuary and Project Swordgrave, it's what'll win me this round. Last time I was just blundering about. Now I have a plan.

--1st Malachite, 1054
-And now it's suddenly Malachite. The right foundation of Project Swordgrave is finished.

--14th Malachite, 1054
-Foundations for Project Power are pretty much complete. We're finally digging out the actual dining hall, too. After that, we might dig out our quarters even!

--1st Limestone, 1054
-Oh, I've completely forgotten to write anything! We've been moving our workshops underground. We have a surplus of trade goods and a well defended entrance as well. 30 cage traps because the baron wishes to spare the captured goblins, in six rows of five each. It should be enough for now. Finally, we've started digging out some quarters.

--11th Limestone, 1054
-The caravan has arrived, along with out liaison from the mountainhomes. They're obviously perplexed by some of the architecture here, but in a few years they'll understand why it's like it is. Project Swordgrave and Project Statuary will eventually impress the traders, being the first things they'll see upon coming here...

--14th Limestone, 1054
-Already kobolds! Unfortunately for that particular kobold, he happened upon Feb Ticksquakes and his axe. Fitting that Feb should worship Vesh, the death-sower and death-reaper.

--16th Limestone, 1054
-Again a kobold thief! Two of them, in fact!

--13th Sandstone, 1054
-The merchants are leaving. We haven't managed to trade much because of how few we are, but we did purchase some booze. You can never have enough booze. We've started negotiations with the liaison about next years trading as well.

--1st Timber, 1054
-The liaison has left happy enough.

--7th Timber, 1054
-Some migrants have arrived.

2 Woodworkers
* 2 Generic
2 Craftsdwarves
* 1 Generic
* 1 Stonecrafter
1 Metalsmith
* 1 Generic
1 Farmer
* 1 Wood Burner
1 Peasant

Also one puppy. We're now 14 dwarves and winter has not yet begun!

--25th Timber, 1054
-The immigrants have been put to work. We have also started digging out the catacombs.

--1st Moonstone, 1054
-Winter is upon us. Also, I've completely forgotten to mention that particular project, but we've drained one of the larger ponds into an underground reservoir. We still don't have the materials to make a well, but that hardly matters. We will obtain it in due time.

--9th Moonstone, 1054
-AH-HA! A magma pipe! Just like we were told. It was no stroke of luck, finding that pipe. We dug the catacombs in the area where we were told it was with intent. Now we shall simply have to harness it.

--1st Opal, 1054
-We've started digging out offices and more of the Great Hall.

--26th Opal, 1054
-The magmaworks area has magma in it's channels. We only need to build the workshops.

--1st Obsidian, 1054
-The Great Hall is being dug out further. We've dug out nearly half of it. Project Swordgrave progresses. Three total sections have been made. Progress will likely speed up once we have more masons. We're also working on designing Project Power.

--19th Obsidian, 1054
-We've finished digging out the Great Hall

--1st Granite, 1055
-And so, spring rolls around. Bringing elves. Oh well. Hopefully we'll get migrants. More working dwarves equal more work done. Except for nobles, who mean more work to do.

--7th Granite, 1055
-We forgot what we were going to write.

--12th Granite, 1055
-The elven caravan has arrived. Ugh. If it weren't for that sometimes they bring halfway-useful goods, we wouldn't even bother.

--1st Slate, 1055
-We've got what we wanted from the elves. Also, some more progress has been made on Project Swordgrave.

--5th Slate, 1055
-Some migrants have arrived. Specifically,

1 Stoneworker
* 1 Engraver
1 Woodworker
* 1 Woodcutter
2 Craftsdwarves
* 1 Leatherworker
* 1 Glassmaker
5 Farmers
* 1 Herbalist
* 1 Dyer
* 1 Butcher
* 1 Wood Burner
* 1 Soaper
2 Metalsmiths
* 1 Generic
* 1 Metalcrafter
2 Rangers
* 2 Trappers
2 Engineers
* 2 Mechanics
5 Peasants

Also two puppies, a mule, a cow calf, two horse foals and a kitten. We are now 34. That's 20 immigrants. But fear not. All shall have food and work at Shaftbury.

--18th Slate, 1055
-Joy! The filthy tree-hugging hippies are leaving!

--22nd Slate, 1055
-We're finally making some more progress on Project Power. Project Statuary, however, is still way off; it'll probably be a third, fourth or fifth year project. It's the least important one, but it'll impress traders far more than Project Power will...

--1st Felsite, 1055
-Nothing here, move along.

--15th Felsite, 1055
-Project Swordgrave is chugging along nicely. We have finished 6 sections of it, out of 30. And that's just the first part, the andesite part. We still have the orthoclase part after after that.

--1st Hematite, 1055
-It is now summer. Our plans have progressed. Already we have a population deserving a sheriff, Project Power is fully laid out, and we have begun smoothing the area of Project Statuary. Our Great Hall is fully dug out. We have operational magmaworks, albeit no anvils. We have a functioning farm cluster. We have employment. We have success. We have glory. We have a glorious success. IT IS GLORIOUS. IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS.

Now I'll proceed and play the museum. Can't neglect it, after all, that'd be neglectful of me, hmm?

[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2008, 01:31:00 pm »

Someone post the deadline for this round please, are we getting more time or no?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »

Are you guys still competeing? When is the deadline? Will the scores be posted from the previous round? Or is this dead?

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

I presume this is dead.....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]