Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]

Author Topic: {succession/community} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire  (Read 83173 times)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile
Re: {succession} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #1035 on: December 19, 2009, 10:53:46 pm »

:-\

Well, who's turn is it now?  We seem to have hit the end of the list...
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {succession} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #1036 on: January 03, 2010, 02:22:29 pm »

*pokes thread*

I can't take the next turn, since I did the previous one.  Can't have two in a row.

Any takers?

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: {succession/community} Kulettögum, Salt Mines Beneath the Mire
« Reply #1037 on: February 25, 2010, 04:19:24 pm »

Well, seeing as I appear to be the only one patient enough to actually run Kulettögum, I've decided that rather than let it die (or remain dead?) it shall be turned into a community fortress!  Claim a dwarf today!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #1038 on: February 26, 2010, 08:10:40 pm »

Nice to see my arena is still in use, and that the salt mines still go on somewhat.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 27, 2010, 05:34:07 am »

It lives! It liiiiiives!

I request a dwarf named Ravus, a marksdwarf drafted from the civilian population destined to charge headfirst into the next goblin siege.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 01, 2010, 06:32:14 am »

Deep beneath the walls of Kulettögum, there is a chamber carved into the living stone, long but narrow, yet always filled by laboring dwarves.  Of these dwarves, many are of the most ragged of Kulettögum's citizens, dwarves whose entire purpose of life is but to haul the many items produced by the artisans and place them into the vast vaults of accumulated wealth.  These dwarves would spend their days carrying items throughout the great fortress, unnoticed by their more fortunate brethren except for the occasional sad instance when one would, full of enthusiasm and vigor and the hope of their hard work being noticed, stray outside into an ongoing battle  with the hopes of being the first hauler to bring back a valuable trophy of a narrow giant spider silk sock.  This, more often than not, would result in disaster, the hauler being summarily chopped to pieces by the goblin attackers, thus providing more work for the remaining haulers, who now must store away the former dwarf's possessions and arrange for burial in addition to placing that narrow giant spider silk sock in an appropriate bin.  So it was that in this narrow room that the hauler class worked to better their hauling skills, building strength and stamina to quickly haul even the heaviest statue to it's allocated floorspace in the vaults with utmost alacrity.  For in this room were the great pumps of Kulettögum.

These pumps did not pump water, or anything else for that matter, yet their inner workings were not lubricated by oil, but rather filled with a thick pitch.  Thus, despite achieving no actual transport of fluids, working the cranks of the pumps took great strength, and so the haulers would rush to these pumps, crowding into a mass of unbathed dwarven flesh and filth in the narrow hallways leading to the chamber, that they might build muscle, where they would pump until they did collapse from exhaustion.  They would then be hauled to their feet by their fellow haulers and sent back out to haul items once more.

Ravus Calmrooms was one of these dwarves...

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 05, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »

Missed your posts entirely :oops:

I can take a turn, although by the end it had become a succession you, me and a string of not-posting-save people, which cut down a fair bit on the random FUN element.  ;)

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2010, 03:14:41 pm »

Sorry for not responding sooner - my old keyboard died, and I had to replace it.  Dvorak keyboards are somewhat hard to come by, so I had to special order it...

Anyway, feel free to take a turn!  Just make sure you preserve the bits of community fort we have, for maximum "fun"... ;D

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 11, 2010, 09:32:00 am »

-Edit-

I'm an idiot sorry for posting.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:34:19 am by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]