Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Ill make you an avatar. That is Dwarf Fortress related.  (Read 19879 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Ill make you an avatar. That is Dwarf Fortress related.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 02:24:12 am »

I tried transparency with photoshop, got the grey boxes, and it doesnt really work when imported to flash. So transparent backgrounds are out until I find the time to screw with it some more.

Note: this is what I got

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 02:48:14 am »

Yeah, that's what I got when I tried with Flash way back then too. Guess they never fixed it. Shame, since flash has such nice vector drawing utilities. It also compresses to other formats horribly too... but meh.

Anyway, here's what I got when I played with yours in Imageready. It's background free for universal usage:

I was toying with ideas for making imagemaps to reduce signature clutter and akwardness... but I don't remember how...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 07:15:50 am »

Thanks mate.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 08:50:27 am »

In Flash, when you export there is an option for transparency. You need to make sure that there is nothing obstructing the background, as that is what is considered a background.

And I think I have a system down for now. Should make anything in the future easier.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 09:14:21 am »

what do you think?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22:41 am »

You might want to make it a bit... slower.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 09:38:33 am »

Make me a picture of a !!Moin!! in ASCII, and you shall be rewarded with eternal life and the most sublime chocolate cookie you shall ever taste.
Go now! The balance of the universe is at stake!

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 09:42:06 am »

like this?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 09:45:52 am »

I think that if you just open the gif in a decent paint program, each frame will be a separate layer and you can just delete the backgrounds.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 10:55:09 am »

Yes, like that kind of slideshow. Basically, a large MOIN in the middle, with !!'s flashing on and off.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 11:29:05 am »

Helmaroc: Any specific size? or anything special? I'm thinking of a little blue dot fluttering around and then a cat killing it.

How about it's 'flying' around in the square, and it ends up flying inside a barrel.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:38 pm »

I finally figured out transparency in photoshop, it's a three step process which needs me to export from flash to photoshop, but in the end it makes a nice, clean picture.

I'll get working on your picture right now, Helmaroc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 01:08:08 pm by Torak »
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

Thanks!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 01:18:39 pm »

This is what I came up for you helmaroc, I could make the bird a bit more erratic moving, but if not then there you go.

I want to make that barrel explode though.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 01:30:15 pm »

if it's not too much trouble, can i get my current one made legendary?
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7