Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warped Tour 2008!  (Read 3548 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Warped Tour 2008!
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »

Who else is as excited as I am!?

I'm going just this weekend, to the one in San Francisco.  Should be a fat lot of fun, I think. :)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped Tour 2008!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:04 pm »

What?  Pardon me, but I've been living under a rock for the past few years and cultivating my plump helmet, what are you talking about?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 05:06:33 pm »

It sounds lame.  I bet they listen to bands like Linkin Park, and Nirvana, and The Ramones.
Shoes...

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:08:24 pm »

It sounds lame.  I bet they listen to bands like Linkin Park, and Nirvana, and The Ramones.

You really picked three wildly different bands as possible, didn't you?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 06:10:21 pm »

It's warped, they--OMG.

Maybe it's a rift!  F-15s piloted by T-Rexes, while Polar Bears and Scuba drivers shoot them down in Technicals!  And don't even get me started on the Predators.
Shoes...

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:55 am »

And don't even get me started on the Predators.

Oh noes, not the predators!

Well, warped tour isn't a thing for me. Actually, anything that even closely resembles tours isn't for me. The waves of sweating human bodies jumping up and down to the music, the freaking heat itself and the mediocre food has left its scars.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 01:23:03 pm »

Seriously?  Nobody's going to Warped Tour?  I'm actually surprised.

Well... I'm MORE surprised that most of you don't even know what it IS.

I thought a lot of people from here would be more like me, I guess. :3

Warped Tour is a tour in the US(Dunno if it's in Europe at all... I guess it could be, but I dunno. :P) where basically a lot of people go to watch bands allll day long.  There are usually like 8 or 9 bands playing at once, most of which are small bands, and quiet so they don't interfere with the large bands.

I'm excited because I get to go see Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, Reel Big Fish, Rise Against, All That Remains, Angels & Airwaves, And maaaany others.  I'm so stoked. ^_^  The first one that I'm going to is this weekend.  Saturday actually.  In San Francisco.  Can't wait. >.<

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 01:24:40 pm »

Woo. Sounds...interesting. The only thing that bothers me is that I read the band line-up and I haven't heard a single song from any band on the list...  ???

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:27:31 pm »

Haha, really?

What kind of music do you listen to?

It's mostly metal this year, with some(oddly enough) ska thrown in.  It alternates yearly between metally bands and emo-ish bands.  Both years have punk thrown in too.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 01:31:47 pm »

Well, that's the strange part. I listen to rock (classic and modern), metal, punk, some of the darker pop, alternative...stuff that seems like it should be on there.

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 02:06:04 pm »

I've never heard of any of those bands. Then again, I am not a musically inclined person. Many of my friends are stunned when I tell them about how I prefer to drive and/or use the computer in silence.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 02:10:08 pm »

I don't usually listen to music on the computer either, I do for a few minutes at a time, but it starts to grate on my nerves for some reason.  Out of that list, the only band I listen to is Rise Against, and I've heard Protest the Hero once or twice.
Shoes...