Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Huge question, unimaginably important.  (Read 6926 times)

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Huge question, unimaginably important.
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 11:56:26 pm »

Since we're asking questions here what is the scene from the logo on the homepage from? It looks like something from Fallout 1-2 but I think the vault doors in those games were round.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 11:58:36 pm »

@ Faces of Mu: I remember those places! Great games.

@Everybody guessing my name: It seems every time I release that factoid, people have a jolly time trying to guess it. For all your replies, I have either not heard a person with a name like that/haven't heard a dog with a name like that/Thats not my name.

Think a Happy dog name. Nothing tough, adventurous or noble. Think of a dog with a Face of God.

But yes, it's always fascinating to hear the stories of usernames. Mine first translated to the internet on Neopets. Messed that sucker up, so I made another one with a 1 at the end of it. Mileg was an interesting addition. My leg hurt from a recent injury, and I had stumbled across a link to a site that directs to a website I used in my youth.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 12:39:20 am »

My name...I was signing up for some game a long time a go, runescape? I think it was. I decided on "Woot" ....already taken.So "Woot45". A year or so later puzzlepirates wouldn't let me have numbers in my name, so "Wooty". I liked that one better.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 01:33:23 am »

It all started with
"Petie"
then
"Peter the great"
then, for the internets:
"PTTG"
Then I forgot my password, so I became
"PTTG?"
because I needed an interesting character so my name would be different.
Then, I forgot my password again.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 01:51:48 am »

It's just my initials. My real name is Darko Jelica.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 03:23:05 am »

Think a Happy dog name. Nothing tough, adventurous or noble. Think of a dog with a Face of God.

Ceasar?

Unless of course that's not an obtuse Eddie Izzard reference...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:27:34 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Spelguru

• Bay Watcher
  • Rabid Swedish Person
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 03:32:51 am »

Many a many years ago, I was pondering what to name my main guy in one of them old n ancient fantasy games for a console, and my big sister suggested "spelguru"...

That's about it?
Got Ninja?
Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz, Orkz Orkz Orkz Orkz... WAAAAAGH!
NHP (Non human pact. Copy and paste if you are going to destroy all human-like creatures in spore.)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 03:44:07 am »

I had an early fascination with flight, space travel and the like. I always worked jetpacks into my imagination sometime. So when it came time to register my first identity on the internets, I remembered back to my old childhood days of pretending to fly around the house... and became Jetman! After an old game I used to play, as well as the other old game Jetpac.

It turns out that was taken on the site I tried to register on, so I added numbers. 123 was the easiest sequence. And I've been using it ever since. ^_^
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Zsinj

• Bay Watcher
  • Cave-adapted engineer
    • View Profile
    • King under the Mountain
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 04:59:27 am »

It's just my initials. My real name is Darko Jelica.

That's an unbelieveably awesome real name.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 05:00:38 am »

Dae, just cause I like this syllable. I used it as a nicknamed for a thief in a game, and later learned it means "shadow" in elfic.
I was quite lucky.

For a time, I would've used my real first name, because no one could notice it wasn't a nickname. No one ever guessed what it is.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 05:15:18 am »

People call me Jezus in school (Althought i scare them that I'll sacrifice them to myself). I don't know why, it just happened (or maybe its because of my very long hair?). I named myself Rooster for this forum 'cause its my chineese sign.  ::)

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 06:39:57 am »

"Dareon" is the mutation of my first online name, "neored13".  Yes, I was a horrible horrible fanboy.  I simply flipped the name around and shuffled the letters a little, dropping the numbers altogether.  It's served me fine in that respect on 9 out of 10 online services I sign up to.

At the times it doesn't, I add "Clearwater" which is an antonym translation of my actual middle name (Douglass, or "dark water").

Dareon was not previously taken here, but I stuck Clearwater into my display name.  No real problem when the board change dropped us to single names.
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 06:53:04 am »

I've honestly forgotten the origins of my name. I made it about 8 years ago, for GameFAQs. Later, I used it for AIM, then just about every forum I was part of.

I barely use it now.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 06:57:52 am »

I was into sonic at the time when I invented my screen name and never bothered thinking up a new one.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6