Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

More useful Wood and Stone stockpiles

(1/4) > >>

Valandor:
Wood and Stone stockpiles can only hold 1 item on each square, which is kind of silly since you could easily stack a couple of logs/rocks on top of each other.

What I would suggest is that you can stack up to 5 items in one square, but it becomes impassible when more then 2 items are stored in the square (you can walk around 1 or 2 rocks but 3 is to hard). This would make wood and stone stockpiles a lot more useful and realistic.

Draco18s:
At current, dwarves need to be standing on the item in order to pick it up, but other than that, I support this.
(This also means that stockpiles becomes a much better solution to storing items than just leaving them laying around.

umiman:
*walks around a rock*

Hrm, that wasn't too hard.

I think you are mistaking rocks for boulders. Though what "rocks" mean in-game is anyone's guess.

Erk:
I think with present code this has to be done with a container, but I wonder if a larger container than a bin could be used for wood and stone. Thoughts include bales and sheds.

Derakon:

--- Quote from: umiman on June 19, 2008, 03:59:24 pm ---I think you are mistaking rocks for boulders. Though what "rocks" mean in-game is anyone's guess.

--- End quote ---
Rocks are pretty fungible, since a single rock can be used to make anything from a door or statue to a ring. Rocks are, at the very least, on a similar scale as dwarves themselves are, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version