Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Spamming announcements in adventure-mode

(1/1)

numerobis:
When I visit a goblin fortress for the first time, I get spammed with dozens of messages about goblins and troglodytes grabbing each others' fifth toe and falling into the chasm (apparently the same happens with goblins napping in the tunnels).  Most of those are way out of sight.  They should be out of mind.

One might make an argument about being within earshot; maybe that can be added later (or maybe it's in, but has too wide a radius).

Tamren:
I think you should be able to control how much feedback you get from the game. No matter how many messages come in there is nothing that would prevent you from simply ignoring those that arent relevant.

A couple filters that work on things like afiliation (party members/enemies/critters) and distance would be handy.

EDIT: You could also condense mass battles into fewer sentences. For example, instead of telling me how the peasant got his various limbs ripped off one by one over the course of 2 pages of messages. Just tell me that "the peasant got pwned" or something like that.

MaxVance:
This is even worse with chasms. You have to hear about snakemen and olmmen and troglodytes falling into the chasm and wait around every turn as the game makes every single one fall down each square.

And don't get me started on the time I raided a goblin fort built by a chasm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version