Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "PIN THIS THREAD" topic  (Read 476 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
"PIN THIS THREAD" topic
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:48:39 am »

As long as we have no moderators but Three-toe and Toady i'm going to post it here, because mainly it's a suggestion.

Some threads should be obviously pinned down.
I.e. we'll need a FAQ thread in gameplay questions (where the 1st answer should be READ WIKI! +url  ;D).

Post which thread you think should be pinned to avoid confusion in boards and ease the navigation.

My first and important suggestion is to pin this thread. This one will host modding questions so it'll decrease swarm of small and very easy-to-answer questions and will leave more place for actual mods. Then we'll need a thread to be created with mod list, but it'll be a bit later.

Also I beg forummates - use the Modding Questions thread, don't be afraid that your question will be unnoticed - new boards have the "last unread message" feature!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:53:19 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
Re: PIN THIS THREAD topic
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:11 am »

You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: "PIN THIS THREAD" topic
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:57:58 am »

I'd like to see some discussion here, not just links.
I.e. why do you think that one should be posted. Try to explain to make it an obvious choice.
In your case the explanation may be that there're a lot of new users asking for magic while it's already planned.
The words "against" may be that this is just one of many aspects so this may be linked in some more global thread like "heavily discussed suggestions".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:58:52 am »

The top 10 voting thing seems to get a lot of attention, along with the future of the fortress thread.  There should certainly be a 'read the wiki, here is the stuff that gets discussed all the time with links to the specific threads' post.

Mikademus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pirate ninja dwarves for great justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 10:15:22 am »

Discussion, sure. It is the most extensive and exhaustive thread on magic. It forestalls many of the most common suggestions, and a continuation of the discussion in that would be beneficial since it contributes more depth. If any magic thread should be stickied it is that one. It is also one of the recommended threads on the Wiki.
You are a pirate!

Quote from: Silverionmox
Quote from: bjlong
If I wanted to recreate the world of one of my favorite stories, I should be able to specify that there is a civilization called Groan, ruled by Earls from a castle called Gormanghast.
You won't have trouble supplying the Countess with cats, or producing the annual idols to be offerred to the castle. Every fortress is a pale reflection of Ghormenghast..