Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 10372 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 03:38:09 am »

I have only ever played NWN 1 (with both expansion packs). I found it enjoyable, up to that point where you are forced to do a quest that you are not capable of. The leveling up system in NWN was viscous. I was forced to start the game over about 4 times before realizing how the multiclass system worked,
Here are my attempts:
1st attempt- Sorcerer/Dragon disciple, couldn't get past chapter one
2nd attempt- Monk, got stuck on a minor boss in Shadows of Undrentide
3rd attempt- Blackguard/Thief couldn't get past the first boss battle in Hordes of the Underdark

Get frustrated and uninstall.

About 2 months later I install again and update with new patch.
4th attempt- Works a bit better and I manage (with great difficulty) to complete the main story line on a basic Katana specialized fighter, No multiclassing.

About Bioware's disappearance- wasn't it bought up by EA along with pandemic. A $650 million dollar deal if my sources are correct.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 11:47:47 am »

I was going to do a Paladin/Divine Champion, but after your trouble with multiclassing, I might just go Paladin.

I'm screwing around with the toolkit now.  If I get good with it, I can probably get my brother to start playing on LAN.  He used to play pen/paper with me, but he wasn't really into it.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »

Who said anything about Bioware disappearing?  They haven't disappeared yet.  Mass Effect was in development before they got bought out by EA and it just released, and from what I can tell is pretty much the same as all their other post BG2 games, except more Jack Bauery.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 01:01:49 pm »

They also have a new MMO studio.  Maybe they'll make something good.
Shoes...

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 02:05:59 pm »

I sure hope we make something good. I pine for the Neverwinter and Baldurs style games. I mostly played NWN so I could DM or play with my friends remotely.

AWDBall

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 02:10:18 pm »

We

"We" as in Bioware, as in you work for Bioware, as in you know what they're making?  Is it something cool?
Shoes...

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 02:21:21 pm »

Isn't it always cool? hehe. I'm hoping we'll be allowed to announce what the MMO is this year yet.

AWDBall

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »

Heh, I still play NWN 1, but I usually play on roleplaying servers. NWN2 wasn't as fun for me as I thought it would be, and only thing I really liked was the new options.

Here are some comments from some of my friends about it.

"i love how all the characters and portraits look like something ripped right out of Poser and i love how all the spell effects are Guild Wars/WoW-like nondescript colorful flashes that clutter up the screen so bad you can't tell what's going on "

"although i love how the walkmesh files alone were like 200 megabytes a piece that was pretty lol way to kill what made NWN1 so great, should have stuck to a tileset system until technology improved "

"I loved crashing every ten minutes online. That made the game super cool to play, especially on server vaults, where you'd always log back in to find yourself dead. "

"I love downloading a 200 meg piece of spam every time the server got updated."

"I loved how there are no wizards in the toolset for making things, it really streamlines the process of making a damned sword. "

"I loved how stealth was broken out the ass and every time they "fixed" it in patches, it only got broken even worse."

The topic was "I love how in NWN2..."

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 11:20:54 pm »

I never got into NWN2 really. I think I'd probably agree with you on most of those counts. I played a ton of NWN1 before I joined BioWare, and next to none since. Too busy. I wish we had done NWN2 but it wasn't in the cards. But while I'm compiling at work I'm reading the forums here and planning my next missions for my dwarves. This and Kingdom of Loathing are my two main games these days.

AWDBall

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:46 am »

I finally bought the Gold edition, but I've only ever played it multiplayer. I started through the single player campaign co-op with a friend - I can see that it would be pretty lame if not for that. There are some irritating bugs with it as well.

The NWN series as a whole has prospered mostly because of community content and it being the only one to fill that particular gaming niche.

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:37:35 am »

By the way there is a patch due soon that should solve a few problems, and they are also working on a second expansion that looks promising.

NWN2: Storm of Zehir
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 07:34:36 am »

I really hope this is the expansion that'll finally make NWN2 fun.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 07:41:44 am »

I was only really into TES style RPGs, although I did like baldur's gate and Diablo 2
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 01:20:31 pm »

The first Expansion, Mask of the Betrayer, is supposedly really good as well.  It follows the same character as the OC though so the beginning might be confusing if you play it without suffering through that first.

I was only really into TES style RPGs, although I did like baldur's gate and Diablo 2

TES style as in Daggerfall?  Or TES style as in OBlivion? :-\
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 01:35:57 pm »

The first Expansion, Mask of the Betrayer, is supposedly really good as well.  It follows the same character as the OC though so the beginning might be confusing if you play it without suffering through that first.

TES style as in Daggerfall?  Or TES style as in OBlivion? :-\
All of them.
Some of the glitches are really annoying though.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5