Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights 2  (Read 10417 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Neverwinter Nights 2
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 01:39:10 pm »

I've never played any of them before Morrowind, but the two I played were glitchy beyond belief.  Right now my copy of Oblivion has gone completely south.  You can't enter Bravil without the game crashing, and the Imperial Guards look like Rayman in Black Armor, they have no arms or legs, just feet and hands, and their armor has no texture, just black.  They also can't seem to walk properly, and just kick wildly to walk.  My sister's playing right now, and apparently it's gone back to normal, but it was weird for a while.
Shoes...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:16 pm »

Morrowind was a god among RPGs.
Well, apart from the bugs you'll inevitably get with a game of that scope.
The first two often had crippling bugs.
Not sure about your problem though.
Did you download any mods that replaced textures?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2008, 01:52:10 pm »

I had the Xbox version, so no.

Also, there was that game-breaker with the Masque of Clavicus Vile, so you could never get the Oghma Infinium.  We finally fixed that by getting the expansion.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 02:17:03 pm »

Daggerfall was amazing once it was actually able to run properly.  Oblivion is really quite shameful by comparison.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »

Daggerfall felt like by far the most epic game in the series, aside from the crippling bugs.  And a lot of features just weren't there.  Hey look it's a huge castle to explore!  And if you go anywhere restricted, the whole town aggros you...plus, nobody tested to make sure the stairs were short enough to go up...and if you try to jump and climb them, you FALL THROUGH THE WORLD.  In fact falling through the world was a very common problem...

Climbing up walls to break into second-story houses would have been so much more cool if there was actually stuff to steal.  Etc.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 05:02:22 pm »

Weird, I'm playing NWN2, and Neeshka's lost her mind.  She keeps attacking the druid.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 05:06:08 pm »

Man, that just reminded me of the times in Baldur's Gate when you happened to have a party lineup that was highly incompatible.  I still remember that time in some magical observatory or something (it was a building of some sort, give me a break).  When Xzar went too damned far and insulted Khalid and Jaheira just a little too strongly...  A few minutes later, I have a dead necromancer lying next to the body of his psychotic halfling traveling companion.  I also have two open slots in my party!  Woohoo!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 05:08:10 pm »

I liked Icewind Dale 2 more than Baldur's Gate, but then again I hadn't learned how to pause when I played Baldur's Gate, which got me killed a lot.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 05:10:37 pm »

Space bar.  Or, if you prefer, click the clock.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »

Yeah, I know now.  I don't know how far I was in Icewind Dale, I was at the Queen Remorhaz.  I forgot about the whole fire aura thing Remorhazes have, and charged in.  Instant wipe.  Two seconds later I got grounded for something, and I couldn't get interested in the game anymore.  It was on GameTap, back when a trial account meant you had all of the games for seven days.  Of course, it kept the saved game data, and email addresses were never verified, so you could just make a thousand accounts, and everyone was getting free access, so they changed it.

EDIT:  I've started making a solo dungeon, probably going to be made for Rogues, but I can't seem to figure out how to move the camera.  It's hard to do thing when I can't move from one spot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 06:04:37 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2008, 06:51:08 pm »

Is this in NWN1 or NWN2?  For the NWN1 editor, you use those arrow keys at the bottom of the viewport.  There's another, faster way of getting around, but I have completely forgotten it...

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2008, 10:23:39 pm »

I'm going to assume you meant NWN2 since that's what this thread is for. Toolset camera relies on a combination of CTRL and mouse buttons - I'll check later to find out which.
My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2008, 02:59:25 am »

Ctrl-LeftMouse to pan camera; Mousewheel for zoom; Ctrl-RightMouse to rotate camera.

http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=nwn2tutorials
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2Tutorials.Detail&id=49

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2008, 09:59:01 am »

I've had many a memorable gaming experience from NWN1. Multi-player is where the game shined. I played a lot with my friends. We only played a few times a month, but it was amazing. The game was very story driven, and our DM would make new content for every session. We tried to play with NWN2 but the editor crashed so often that we quit playing.

I remember that one of my biggest gripes about NWN2 was the horrid user interface. Has it changed at all?

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2008, 12:05:33 pm »

We tried to play with NWN2 but the editor crashed so often that we quit playing.

Were you playing with custom portraits? I hear that can crash the DM client.

I remember that one of my biggest gripes about NWN2 was the horrid user interface. Has it changed at all?

This helps a lot. Camera is still a total bitch, though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:07:20 pm by Red Jackard »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5