Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Removing slope tiles  (Read 638 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Removing slope tiles
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:12:03 pm »

Ok, it's possible that I'm blind and just missed something, but as far as I know the only way to remove a slope tile is to build something on it, like a floor tile.

Now, right now this is mildly annoying, but not too bad. But with the next release removing cliffs from the game (temporarily) I'd really like some way to tell my miners to go ahead and remove them. Basically the same way we can with carved stairs and ramps now. Then I'll be able to make my own cliffs!

Yes, I'll be able to mass build floors on top of slopes to get rid of them, but then if I want something there like a bridge or road, I have to remove it. Kind of annoying.

Hopefully it's a simple thing for Toady to put in.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing slope tiles
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 11:18:18 pm »

Natural slopes are identical to carved ramps. 'd' 'z' to remove them. The only gotcha here (which also applies to carved ramps) is that you must select the "up" portion of the ramp, not the "down" portion.
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Removing slope tiles
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:29:34 pm »

I'll have to go back in and try that again. I could have sworn I've tried that on up slopes and not had it work.

Well, hopefully I just missed it and it's already in the game.

Edit: Yup, I was blind. Must have been trying to do downslopes and not realized it. Well, cool. One more thing I don't have to wait for!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:52:29 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One