Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Arg! This is so soulcrushingly hard. It's still fun though...  (Read 2705 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I am having fun being killed and such, but it gets boring quickly. So I am here, looking for tips, cheats, trainers, saves?(PM Please.)
Or should I just continue playing without them, it's still fun though.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arg! This is so soulcrushingly hard. It's still fun though...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:29 pm »

if you really wanna cheat, do what I do. Grab a memory editor like Artmoney and give yourself infinite cash.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »

Better yet use artmoney to make a super founder to teach every liberal you recruit insane skills.  Use garment workers selling t shirts for money.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:00:56 am »

At the beginning, try to teach your founder essential skills like law and disguise and ?theft(picking locks)  in the most legal way possible. I usually steal cars, give up when the cops see me, and defend myself in court about 10 or 15 times until law skill is about 5. Stealing 50 cars will get you just as much time as 1 car - a few months. To train disguise, get a suit and hang out at the club in front of conservatives.

Once your law is up really high, just surrender to the police whenever you get in trouble and defend yourself in court, and always wear the clothes that fit the location you're at. Training persuasion with donation soliciting helps too...

If you're really stuck, you can recruit bunches of people and try to make them a liberal death squad of doom while your founder hides somewhere and sells art for funding. Eventually luck will give you a squad of really powerful liberals, and your founder can tag along with them until he's good as well.

Usually, I give a squad of liberals guns and cars and go to the cable news station. Shoot someone, Hang out near the entrance and instead of cops, rednecks and hicks will come in with torches and pitchforks. They're relatively easy to kill, and when you leave they'll chase you - But if you have cars, you can shoot at them, but they can't shoot back (unless gun laws are red...gun laws bad D=)

If I feel like cheating, I go on lots of very short crime raids and exit the game if someone gets crippled or killed. Starting up the game will bring you right back to the beginning of the raid.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:03:36 am »

if you really wanna cheat, do what I do. Grab a memory editor like Artmoney and give yourself infinite cash.
Infinite cash = Visit the garment makers and release the oppressed until you have 3 pages of Sweatshop workers. Change the activity of these sweatshop workers to 'Selling T-Shirts'

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 08:50:15 am »

So I am having fun being killed and such, but it gets boring quickly.
what game are you playing? (games like star zoo, and especially WWI medic fit that description pretty well)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:11:30 pm »

How do you use artmoney to give your founder insane skills? I figured out money in 3 seconds but I'm absolutely stuck with trying to raise his security to 50.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 12:40:29 am »

Raise security first by unlocking apartment doors, then animal cages, then (ugh) safes. Switch to the next type when it stops going up.

(D'oh, you mean savegame editing. Nevermind...)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 12:42:37 am by E. Albright »

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 06:48:05 am »

Meh, I found out how to cheat an insane founder. I used Cheat'O'Matic though.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »

Artmoney apparently does not work with Vista yet. Apparently the start-up files were corrupted.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 02:04:47 pm »

yes it does. I used it on several occasions (one of which was year hacking in none other than LCS).
anyway on topic of how to get high skills with memhax (such as ArtMoney).
first find out where the percentages (only the stuff after x.) are stored. (look for it beofre you go on a mission, go do stuff, filter for new value, repeat until you get it) then you do the same with the main skill number except you ste perecntage to 99 before going (so it always changes). voila!
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »

What?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 05:44:57 pm »

you should really ask more precise questions, you know...
anyway, I'll assume you didn't get my post.
some of the people in this thread have suggested cheating by altering the leaders stats which are stored in your computers memory.( to do this they are using a program called ArtMoney.) In order to do that however you first need to find where in the memory they are stored, so they have to look for all the addresses that gave the right number stored, and then when they change to only keep looking at the ones that have the new value, until you are only left with one (so say addresses A B and C have the number 1 in them which matches your skill level, once you adavnce you look at the again, and notice that A has 1 in it, B has 2, and C has 32561, that means that the value of the skills is at the address B. now you can set it to 100000). the problem with skills is that they advance slowly and are thus hard to look for, I presented a solution to that problem (to a point anyway).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 08:01:44 pm »

Last time i tried save state editing, all the stats for characters were stored 4 units apart, at 0, 4, 8, and C. However, the first liberal listed in memory changes every game. Once you set your liberal to whatever stats you desire, have him make some money, recruit a significant number of high stat liberals(note that a combination of excessively high charisma and persuasion stops recruitment from working at a certain point so it may pay to recruit via topics before raising the stats), and finally training the recruits in everything. Once they are trained you now have a nearly unstoppable founder surrounded by elite liberals who can do everything.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.