Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 10403 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2008, 07:17:54 pm »

It could be the goblins from Troll 2.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 07:46:04 pm »

Oh my GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWD!!!!!

You know, I always thought Tyrael would turn out to be a bad guy, but while we're on the topic of making up stupid things.  I bet the real culprit is the sorcerer from Diablo 1!  They never say what happened to him.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2008, 08:13:18 pm »

Garbage day!
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2008, 08:19:46 pm »

Garbage day!

Wrong terrible movie.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 08:22:15 pm »

So?  The memes are so commonly used together they might as well be in the same movie.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 08:28:41 pm »

Wow, that would make a... well it might actually make a slightly better movie. :P

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 09:18:59 pm »

First, I doubt Diablo is "dead". That is not dead which can eternal lie, etc. He's banished, incorporeal, and presumably powerless, yes. But the idea of having a Diablo game where Diablo isn't present is a little... odd.

As far as big boss types that we haven't already fought, there's Inarius and Lilith, and Asmodeus and Belial might want to carve up Sanctuary between themselves.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 09:34:10 pm »

He was destroyed in his own domain, and the expansion takes place without his interference, so I'm assuming that Diablo's snuffed it... 

But then again, I figured that Tyreal wouldn't turn nasty.  Maybe he has, and maybe Diablo's back and badder than ever.

And I'm not familiar with the demons you listed, I've only read the strategy guides.  Care to provide a little easily-Googled background?

nerdpride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 10:21:08 pm »

Well, Tyrael could turn evil.  It would have to be in an unexpected way though, not just, "hey!  Tyrael is Diablo now, go fight him!"  Instead, I bet the angels would either become "too good," killing all the humans, or that they're not worth risking something to their enemies, or a mix of both.  That's what my cliche-sense tells me.

It would make a bit of sense if one of the cultists turned into post-Diablo.  There has to be a reason for these cultists to exist, after all.  Its not like they'd get demon-summoning powers by walking through the park. 

Perhaps angels would respond violently to humans after finding out how many became these cultists over the years.  Maybe the cultists were around from the beginning, waiting for a prime evil to be truly destroyed so they could take the throne.  I dunno.

Also I think it would be cool if corpses didn't just stick around for a Necromancer to use.  Some corpse abilities (corpse explosion! :D) were really powerful, if there's a ton of extra corpses lying around to work with, so it'd be nice if most of them become unusable somehow.

perilisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 01:00:04 am »

He was destroyed in his own domain, and the expansion takes place without his interference, so I'm assuming that Diablo's snuffed it...

The expansion was just one act, and since you hadn't fought Baal, it made sense to do so. I'd definitely lay solid odds that in a full sequel, Diablo will be revived. Due to the immortal nature of the entities you're fighting, they've got a better revolving door than Arkham asylum. You can easily knock them out for a really long time, in human years, but they can always come back.

And I'm not familiar with the demons you listed, I've only read the strategy guides.  Care to provide a little easily-Googled background?

Lilith is from the books, which I never read, so I don't know much other than what wikipedia says. Child of Mephisto, lover of Inarius, mother of Andariel. Was involved in the creation of angel/demon hybrids that eventually (d)evolved into mortals.

In the original Diablo manual, Inarius was an angel who ticked off Mephisto, so Mephisto captured him and his followers and turned them into the overlord class of demons (the butcher, the smith, hephesto, etc.)  In the books, he also created Sanctuary and the Worldstone, and was apparently not a fan of the proto-mortals. The Worldstone was intended to suppress their powers, apparently.

Asmodeus and Belial were, along with Andariel and Duriel, the Lesser Evils who worked to exile the Prime Evils to the mortal plane, according to the original Diablo. Andariel and Duriel were bosses in Diablo II, but the other two have never directly or indirectly featured in a Diablo game before.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »

After watching the gameplay video... I'd only play this piece of crap if the co-op was fun. Otherwise, no thanks.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2008, 02:43:47 pm »

After watching the gameplay video... I'd only play this piece of crap if the co-op was fun. Otherwise, no thanks.

What's your idea of un-'crappy' gameplay, then?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 05:27:56 pm »

Was Baal ever ever actually destroyed. I know that he was killed, but was his soulstone ever destroyed. If not it shouldn't be hard for him to come back. Otherwise the idea of a cultist manifesting as one of the prime evils makes perfect sense. After all the video shows them being possessed by demons, and if the prime evils exist in a non-corporal and powerless form it shouldn't be much a stretch for cultists to be possessed by the prime evils.

Alenth Eneil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2008, 07:41:30 pm »

Diablo destroyed Baal's soulstone, in order to release him.  Isn't that how it works?

Mephisto only had one because he was corrupting a human from within it.
Sometimes I just generate worlds and read all the funny names.
(|||)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2008, 08:01:38 pm »

Baal corrupted Tal Rasha, his soulstone's host.  After his transformation, Baal wore his soulstone on a leather strap around his neck.  You can see him fiddling with it in the intro cutscene for Lord of Destruction.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6