Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50

Author Topic: Geshud Osod, the Fortress of Bones (Community/Story in Legendary Lands)  (Read 98555 times)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

The king was listless. The wars had been going well enough in truth, but despite this the people were sullen and unhappy, displeased with the outcomes of recent events. Had they known the full extent of losses suffered in centuries prior they might appreciate their current position. But even the current mountain-home was not more than fifty years old, and engravings and legends from previous years were hard to come by. The mountains and hills were still perilous, despite all their efforts.

It's not that his people were ungrateful, nor unhappy outright, but rather suffered from a malaise of spirit that the king feared only miraculous successes could dispel. That, or perhaps something more basic. A rekindling of the dwarven spirit of old, a rejuvenation by feeling and hearing and seeing past greatness. The king had sent off many adventurers in the past, seeking for the lost artifacts of old, or searching for the fabled hidden treasure city. Only one such group that he had sent contained a true historian, a scholar from the School of the Founders no less, one versed in oral history as well as written, that history which had survived the shattering of the world and brutal wars which followed.

He'd sent for that historian personally, provided him with all the supplies that he could possibly need, and seen fit to assign six of his own personal Ragnaachi, elite-warrior bodyguards, to accompany him. The task he'd been given was simple. Revisit the shattered fortressess of past antiquity. Collect all the histories available, by engraving or tome or any other method available. The king has fretted much as they were gone first one year, then five, then ten with little news for good or ill. Then one surprising winter day the historian had returned. Only one of his original guards remained, though he had gained a few others somehow on the way. And all he had with him was naught but a backpack and a few trinkets. No artifacts, no mighty weapons. Still, when the king met with him his eyes gleamed and a wide smile graced his worn face.

The king simply asked:"Have you found what I sent you for?"

Those in attendance and in-waiting, those guards and soldiers with the king knew nothing of the quest, and the king had long since decided it should remain so. Wearily the historian nodded, but his eyes spoke of something more, and the king saw that and knew. He had found a great treasure indeed. Wealth beyond imagining.

Late that night, when the fortress was quieter, the king paid a visit to his subject, the aged soldier standing guard in front of his door nodding briefly as he passed. The historian had been settled in one of the royal rooms, as befitted a scholar and philosopher, though they commonly ignored such trappings. His worn and threadbare clothes had been replaced with fresh, clean clothes and a fine, jewel studded flask was in the process of being emptied as the king entered.

The king waited as the flask was drained. One simply did not interrupt a drinking dwarf, not in polite society, not even if their socks were on fire. The weary and travel-worn historian bowed briefly to his king and then guestured over to his table, casting aside the pouch of gold, the crystal glass trinkets that a previous owner now deceased had left and cleared a spot for his sacred treasure. The king scarcely dared to breathe as the historian brought out not one, but several tomes, faded and worn, old by any account and worn, damaged and dirty almost beyond use. These he gently laid on a piece of midnight blue silk he had laid on the table. He opened one gently for the king to inspect, translating to him from the old toungue.

The king had been pleased, and immediately commissioned him to copy them as well as to outline and flesh out the history of their race. The historian was happy to comply, and all his time and energy went into his work. The first page of the historian's book lay on the kings table as he paced his room. More would shortly follow, he knew, and soon, the history would be properly bound. It remained uncertain that it would help lift his people's spirits, and buoy them and strengthen them for the challenges ahead, but short of emptying the homes of his people and focusing their entire nation on a war they might lose, but which could improve their morale should they win, the book seemed to be the best choice.

The king looked at the page again, picking it up and pacing his room as he read it. And he smiled.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Smaksmo Udo, commonly known as the Universes of Soul.

The early wars and conquests of the Big Knife tribe of dwarves in Smaksmo Udo are reasonably well documented. But in all the histories of the dwarves the rise of the Fahlstrom clan of the Big Knife tribe stands, perhaps, as the most significant event in the years after the first millenium of recorded history and birth of the nations. The interesting fact of the matter is that the Fahlstrom clan can be traced easily to a single individual, one Atun Fahlstrom, apparently a resident of Kilrudmorul, whose location remains a mystery that has been lost to the ages. Atun serves as an even more interesting example of dwarfhood in that, unlike much of our perhaps more primitive ancestral heros he was, above all, an educated dwarf. Atun was a highly trained example of a siege engineer, one profession whose adherents are typically well-versed in mathematics, physics, and commonly the aerodynamics of flying objects. It is a testament to his skill, that according to legend, he single-handedly broke a goblin siege by crushing the goblin king under a boulder. Whether this happened as reputed is a matter of dispute among other historians but the author of this work feels that this remains more or less the truth. It was not, however, his prowess as an engineer that brought him his most fame, nor his reputed martial skill obtained in the military thereafter, though he was awarded the rank of Champion. It was his other attributes that inspired this founder of the strongest clan in history to break with tradition and to foster the orphans of the wars, that brought him the most notariety. The original four children he adopted (not sired) were all reputedly gifted and he took them in and taught them. The eldest of the four original Fahlstrom clan was Paulus, nine days his younger was Tony, a little more than a year younger was Scott, or Parenglaive and the youngest of the four was Tarin. This treatise will contain much of their original writings so that the reader may see for himself the struggles of the early clan. I, the author of this treatise, will interject other information as I see fit to fill in details that may have been omitted.

Be it known, we are dwarves once of the Big Knife tribe. We are few in word, for, in this world, words are easily stolen by the Vagushnum, the killing wind. But here, that which is carved in stone remains. And we are carved from the very bones of the mountains themselves.

Uril Sazirkatten
Historian of the Royal family of the Washed Constructs
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:09:23 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of the rise of the Fahlstrom Clan
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:57:28 pm »

(OOC)

Ok, I've been dying to create this story for some time now. The histories of the dwarves of Smaksmo Udo, the Universes of Soul.

This will be a Community fortress situation and you may have a hand in the forging of the Fahlstrom clan as well. Of the original 7 dwarves only one will be claimed by myself. The others may be claimed as desired. Please list name, gender (if preferred), weapon preference (this is a goblin war-fare based thread) and one or two other non-military profession preferences.

I'd like to start with two Miners, at least one Mason and one Farmer. Which leaves one or two open for whatever. We won't need engravers to begin with. Though if you want to become one eventually that's fine.

Also as a note, this will be a hardcore campaign thread. I will not be 'altering' reality (Dwarf companion) or even save scumming. If you die, you die. If my character dies, he dies. If you get a splinter that gets infected and no one wants to tend you, you may die. ;) That being said, I've had plenty of experience caring for dwarves and keeping them healthy. I may consider some mods at a future date, but likely only to make the game harder to survive, not easier.

The Big Knife clan in the early history will be portrayed as somewhat barbarian-like in their lifestyle. This may be due to the fact that all of the dwarven cities of the nation with one or two exceptions are in a freezing biome, and frequently next to glaciers or tundras. Keep in mind we are (or will be soon) at full scale war with the goblins. When I've exhausted the future possibilities for a fortress (read: no longer a challenge) we'll restart. I intend almost every starting location to be in or at or near an enemy stronghold, hence the emphasis on weapon skills.

So let's

Strike the Earth
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:50:39 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Aardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of the rise of the Fahlstrom Clan (Community Fortress)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:33:09 pm »

Aardvark
Weapons and armorsmith
Axedwarf

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 04:37:57 pm »

Name:Fre

Professions:
Siege Engineer
Mechanic

Weapons preference:
Crossbow, though prefers to be behind a ballista.
Enjoys experimenting with new instruments of destruction, such as booze bombs.

Or, if you're embarking with Atun Fahlstrom, I'll take a farmer/cook.  Same name and weapons.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:40:53 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:52:39 pm »

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:36:15 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 06:47:02 pm »

1st of Granite, 1051

The King's advisor decided to continue his vendetta against the memory of our foster father Atun. He has made it his goal apparently to rid himself of all of us in his efforts to wipe clean the slate. My brothers and I will not go quietly. As the first to reach adult-hood I was awarded the dubious honor of being drafted by the military to lead an expedition to reclaim a region between our two major cities. Education among our people isn't common, and since Atun taught us all to read, write and think for ourselves apparently I'm suitable to become the organizer of this band. Sazirgeb lies to our south, haven of our people. Lalkol lies to the north, bordered by hard stone, and unforgiving and accursed tundra. I had hoped to be sent further south.

From what the others tell me apparently a group of settlers thought this would make a good place to establish a mining operation. Apparently a small outpost of goblins thought the same. The miners never even tried to establish an outpost as soon as the saw the obsidian walls of two forts overlooking where they hoped to go. I find it strange. We haven't had a major goblin war in nearly a century or so now. The last war had been costly on both sides. But how in the hard frozen north they thought they could establish a military post in decidedly our borders is beyond my thinking. I do not understand the goblins in that.

It is early spring here now. The blizzards haven't even died down. We're approaching the forts from the back, over the hills instead of up from the valleys. It should be easier to reach them from this direction. Our, or should I say my, orders are to eliminate the goblins and establish a settlement here so this section of our mountain range can remain uncontested. From the old records I noticed that most of this region has ample granite, which should serve us well. Several others from one of my fathers old units were assigned to accompany us. I suspect the worm, old Agna, is hoping, or even counting on us dying up here. I write this as I ride in the wagon next to Fre. Thank goodness she can drive the thing with a crossbow in her lap. I wonder if she's ever shot herself. I'm having to tuck the inkwell into my skivvies to keep it from freezing over, but with all the jostling I'm afraid I may wind up having blacker clothes than I had originally purchased.

Aardvark is up ahead clearing the trail somewhat for the heavier wagon, as is Ragnar. I feel sorry if any goblin suprises those two. I doubt they'd tread it any different then the stunted trees and saplings they're removing. Pine though, should make for a suitable wood supply, though there aren't much of them. Mafol and Medtob are slogging behind us along with Steele. Stoneworkers those three, and should be useful once we get to our destination. Looks like we're clearing the crest line now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:51:57 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:55:36 pm »

(OOC)

Sorry Fre, forgot to look at gender when I gave you your skills. Feel free to play your character as male anyways.

Just so you two know your current skill sets are
Aardvark: Weaponsmith 2, Armorsmith 2, Axedwarf 4, Armoruser 2
Fre: Grower 2, Cook 2, Armoruser 2, Marksdwarf 4

I'm a combat mechanic.

Still have room for one more ex military (Kib F axedwarf/woodcutter/carpenter)
3 civilians (two miners and a mason)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:37:34 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

DarkMagnus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a comfort sash, ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:54 pm »

Ragnar
Male
Woodcutter/Axedwarf/Carpenter
Axe, obviously.

Strike the friggin' earth.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 09:34:59 pm »

Name: Steele
Weapon: Crossbow
Other profession: Mason
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 11:50:39 am »

(OOC)

Again, apologies Ragnar for the gender bender. That dwarf was already female, though if you'd prefer feel free to rp him/her whichever gender you choose. Don't take this personally ... but you're fond of Fairies! Very undwarflike if you ask me.  ;)

Two miners left (1 M 1F)

Modifications to previous posts have been done. Moving on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:38:25 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 12:22:42 pm »

1st of Granite, 1051. Later that day.

This place seems eerily deserted. Sure, this place is still locked in the icy grip of winter. For that matter I'm not sure if the warm caress of summer is even felt in this place. Sure, we have cliffs several hundred feet high on almost all sides. Oh, yeah, and the blizzard that just picked up which makes it roughly cold enough to freeze the balls off of a titan. Considering I hear they don't wear clothing I suppose that saying might just hold true.

Still, we've managed to get the wagon this far, and even were able to bring it right up and park it on the roof of one of the goblin fortresses, and still not a sign of the beastly little things. With any luck they'll all have frozen solid, or fallen off the cliff. One can only hope. I called a meeting to discuss a few things. I suppose it went well enough. We have three seasoned veterans. Hopefully they'd be able to check things out while the rest of us dug in as it were. Though with the ready made fort it might simply be easier to just take it over. Plans were beginning to form. Looking at this little place I sensed how much potential it had. If we could survive and manage to carve a way to established trade routes.

Gathering the group together I began...

"Ok, listen up everyone. We need to get out of this weather and have a dry place to rest before evening. We haven't seen any goblins, but that doesn't mean they're not there. Aardvark, Fre and Ragnar would you three mind checking out the lower floors of this building to make sure there aren't any little green-skinned vermin running around?

If we take over this building I think we can tailor it to suit our purposes well enough. I'd like to try and find a water source if possible but we also need to ensure that any supplies and reinforcements get in."

It all started well enough. Things rapidly went downhill from there.

Aardvark spoke out then, with a slight cough and clearing of his throat first, as though he were hesistant to mention something.

"Um, Paulus. I'm afraid my axe shattered on our way in. The pieces got lost in the snow, but I've got the haft still if you need one of those. In a pinch I could use it to stave some heads in."

A sinking feeling began in my stomach. Must have been a defect in the metal. I've never seen a good steel blade break like that. We had been equipped specially for this assignment. All of our gear had been set aside in a separate room, ready for us when we dropped by the quartermasters. I had taken their level of preparation as a compliment.

Fre piped in then as well.

"Ach, sure. at least you got both parts to begin with though. They gave me a crossbow sure enough. But they didn't provide any string, nor bolts to go with it. Nor did they give me time to get some when we left."

Now I began to see why our gear had been set aside to begin with. It was normal for the departing groups to select their gear from the racks or piles. I wondered then just how far the King's advisor Agna had gone to ensure that we would be unsuccessful.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 01:09:21 pm »

"Well, if that's the way it's got to be. So be it. Ragnar if you would lead the way, let's clear out some space a floor down. Get ourselves and our gear in from this storm before our ale freezes."

We went to work with a will. There was no other choice. We were of the Big Knife tribe. We've lived in the north all our lives. You moved, or you died. It was a simple as that.

Entering the goblin fort was like stepping into a whole different world. The stairs were too small, and the doorways too narrow. And by the bones of the earth did goblins like obsidian. It must have taken a small army to get this place erected and to get all the supplies moved. Whether that small army was still here was my concern. The elevation of this place was very erratic. Huge cliffs rose and fell on either side. But the three forts that I had seen coming in, and yes there were three, though the miners had only reported two, were somewhat isolated from each other. Definitely to our advantage. We had seen no goblins moving, which was also to our advantage. If they didn't know we were here we might be able to get a good foothold before they knew it.

It hadn't been an hour when Ragnar returned, grinning widely, covered in blood and gore and wiping it from his axe blade with what appeared to be a cave spider silk sock. One that was too narrow to belong to a dwarf. We had barely begun clearing one floor down from the exposed roof.

His grin was infectious and I couldn't help grinning in return.

"D'ya have fun then? I hope none of that is yours."

"This? Bah, only one of them managed to get in a good hit. Clocked me on the noggin' too. Drunk blighter. I fixed 'em good though. Left 'em in five pieces on the floor. Hit me in the head will he?"

Ragnar called over to Aardvark "Oi, mate. Was a nasty 'un down there with a huge sword. Don't know how he carried it. He sure didn't know how to use it. It's yours if you want in on the fun. Let's go clear that other building there! Only three little buggers in this one. I'm just getting warmed up. "

As Aardvark went running down to retrieve the newly acquired weapon Ragnar reported quickly.

"Building should be clear. Only three gobbos like I said. Two were drunk. There were some trinkets and jink lyin' around and a mountain of food and drink. But it was nasty goblin stuff. Watery piss and half rotten meat or worse. Aardvark and I can scout around and see what else we find. This storm might help us well. If we can clear out a good portion of the vermin we might just have the others cowering in their forts in terror. If they ever bother checking on the other buildings."

I decided to inspect the building real quick while the others worked. I wanted to see what we had to work with. The place seemed overly large to just house three goblins and the supplies, though unusable for dwarf-kind, to be sure, were equally perplexing. The building was huge! Five floors if you counted the windswept but fortifiable roof. Three floors down I found the first signs of life. Or rather death. Smallish goblin that obviously had been drinking. Three empty skins littered the room. Looking at the body and gauging the size of the blow and blood the goblin had originally been standing in the center of the room when Ragnar entered. I could see it in my mind how it happened. This one was easy.

Ragnar turned the corner to see a weasely little goblin taking a swig. He charged, his axe leading the way. The goblin may have had time to gasp before Ragnar's axe caved in it's chest, shattering bone, crushing lungs and propelling the creature to the far end of the room to strike the wall and collapse. I doubt it had lived for more than a few seconds after that.

A second room on the same floor also showed sign of battle, this one more complex. It appears that Ragnar had charged this one too, though it was better armored and must have been the one carrying the sword and shield. He had all but tackled it into the corner, there was an abundance of scuff marks there before they rolled to the center of the room. Ragnar must have gained the advantage there. A severed right leg lay in an arc on the side where it must have flown. The goblin appeared to have tried to crawl away but didn't make it very far. It's severed head lay near the rest of the corpse. Ragnar certainly was an effective soldier.

The third body was on the lowest floor. It must have been the drunk that had hit him. Blood had sprayed everywhere and lay pooling beneath the pieces.

It had been quick. The goblins didn't appear to have been expecting it in the least. Hopefully the two veterans would fare equally well in the other building. They had the groups only two weapons now.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:37:01 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:18:31 pm »

1st Granite, 1051, Evening

The pair returned shortly before nightfall. Or what I assumed would be nightfall. One could never tell with the blizzard picking up in strength. I'd have to ensure that we all remained indoors during inclement weather. The wind coming up from the hills was at times strong enough to knock a dwarf down if he wasn't careful, and with the cliffs so near I didn't want anyone falling off.

Both looked cheerful, though it was apparent that Ragnar had gotten the better of Aardvark this time. Their voices drifted in once they got close enough.

"Ach, sure. You got the kill on the second, but only because I was pinning him. The first was mine."

Ragnar countered,"Looked more like he was pinning ye. On the first though I tell ye, I clearly took off his head. The kill was mine. You can't say the sword through his chest necessarily killed him. He could have been alive still. Certainly looked like he was still moving."

"Hmpf. Twitchin' was more like it. And I was pinning the other from underneath him. I had him by the arms, the wretch, and he was talking dwarf too."

They approached and offered a quick salute before reporting. Ragnar began:

"Second building is clear too, sir. Though it was like the first. Sufficient supplies for goblins, but only two of 'em. Both of 'em were on the roof. We'd seen 'em up there and went to go investigate. One of dem had a bow, I thought we were goners for sure, but he must have been relieving his bladder over the side or something. He never even raised his bow. Might have thought we was goblins too with all this snow. By the time we was close enough Aardvark here bowled him over. He didn't get a chance after that. There was another one up there, another drunk one."

Aardvark chimed in here.

"Aye, that sword just didn't swing right, so I tackled him too."

Ragnar muttered under his breath "Swinging it like a bloody axe the fool" and kept shaking his head.

Apparently unperturbed Aardvark continued "When he seen what we did to the other, he just doubled up and started laughin'. Put up a fight sure enough when we went to it, but kept yammerin' in dwarf "Stasost shoot you dead. Omospoxxo be ours.". I can only assume that Stasost is their leader. Must be holed up in the third building."

So, it was good news and bad. Only five goblins between ten stories of their fortress. Where had all the rest of them gone? Or worse, when would they be back. And more importantly, there were obviously more of them in the third building. Likely more than Ragnar and Aardvark had found in the first two, and from the sounds of it, we had all been very lucky. A goblin captain. Trained in the use of a range weapon. Not good.

Still, it was time to begin work. If they hoped to recieve any supplies and support they had best make their home more accessible.

"Good work you two. Ragnar, we'll need lumber if we're to settle in, and for our forges. Aardvark, mind scouting around with that great toothpick of yours?"

"Any of you have ideas of how to go about dealing with the goblin leader?" (posting opportunity for y'all. Not that I don't have ideas, but I'd like to hear your input.)

"Fre, does a bow do ye any good?"

Coming up from below to answer the shouted question he (or she if you're ok with female) was shaking his head.

"Not really. Strings too long to use on the crossbow I've got, and I wouldn't know where to begin with the bow itself."

"Don't worry. We'll find ye something then. Keep your eyes open. Now, lets get this warren cleared out and get some workshops going."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:20:08 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 04:11:36 pm »

4th of Felsite

It is now late spring. Supposedly. I realize I haven't written in some time, and I can only explain that by saying that we've been busy. Very, very busy. Our situation is perhaps more interesting than I originally imagined. We continued to have freezing temperatures for all of Granite, and the next month too. Occasionally we would get bouts of sunshine, but not enough to warm more than the upper crust of this frozen rock. There is a river nearby, that according to dwarven charts is named 'The Honey of Trenches'. I wonder what the cartographer was thinking. With all the snowfall it's possible that like the last goblin he too was perhaps just a little crazy. The only thing in the river bed is ice. But I have hope. Though it is late spring, winter still appears to have this place in it's grip but it did rain today. Some plants are starting to shoot up through the frozen crust and places are beginning to thaw.

I only hope the river thaws as well. It would be nice to have a water supply. Fre has been antsy to get some crops in before too late in the year, and I must admit our diminishing food supplies have me concerned as well. There is little to no game we can catch, no running water to fish in, and no way we can start farming without water at all. I've asked Fre to collect as many edible plants as he (she) can find to augment our dwindling food supplies.

On the bright side, Aardvark has done an in depth scout of our area. It didn't take long apparently. It seems that the path we came in on dissappeared under an avalance and we seem to be somewhat trapped on this cliff we're on. Two of the goblin structures have their entrances here but there is no way up to the higher plateau to our west where lies the river, nor to the third goblin building to our east, where possible exists a path out. The structure we've taken up residence in thankfully extends all the way down to the lower plateau and I've considered ordering one of the miners to open up access to it as soon as possible. They've already got their hands full gutting this place and clearing it out for us though. I may have to put them on digging a channel to the river, just in case it does thaw for a week or two in summer.

In any case, with the improving weather we've spotted some other goblins about, though they appear to be cut off from their leader by our presence. At least one is up on the cliffs near the river, possibly a lookout. Below us is a guard near the entrance to Stasost's place. Fre is particularly happy about the guard. It seems that he's carrying a crossbow of some sort. I don't know if that's good or bad. Though I'm sure Ragnar and Aardvark will have to flip one of the many assorted coins we've found about this place to see which of them goes first when they charge it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:58:30 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »

-Fre pulls aside Paulus in a hallway-

Oi, you know, I've been thinkin about what to do with that bowmaster over in the other tower.  We've got some wood, right?  Well, what if Ragnar made a couple of cages with it?  That should be able to hold the gobbos.  Then, we mine right into the tower from beneath, set up a few cage traps, and get our arses behind a corner somewhere.  Then, when we hear the traps trigger, we jump out and give em a big surprise.  If the cage doesn't get em, Ragnar and Aardvark would!

(And I'm ok with Fre being a girl, just make her an in-your-face kinda girl.)
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 50