Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Wolf Sim  (Read 3902 times)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
A Wolf Sim
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:30:29 pm »

So I was playing some random game I came across called "Wolf" (From Sanctuary Woods). I was quite surprised that a game with that title actually had something to do with wolves. Well, I played it for some time and ran into things that annoyed me, so naturally I looked for a more modern version. It was interesting to attract a cult following somewhere...

Suprisingly, It didn't... But there was another game that could be considered a Successor. It's called "Wolf Quest"

Not as good as the abandoned "Wolf" game, but there it is. The strange game I found just recently while waiting for the next update on Dwarf Fortress.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Wolf Sim
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:34:41 pm »

Cool. Wolf is pretty cool, quite complex and very unique for a freeware game.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:35:16 pm »

Wolf quest is alright, I guess, just not as good as it could have been.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »

Was Wolf Quest that recently released 3d one that's absolutely terrible?  Controls...so...bad...

If you want another one, try Lion, also from Sanctuary Woods.  It's a more refined version of Wolf.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:49:32 pm »

I found Wolf Quest to be rather poorly developed. The camera angles manage to be weird and impractical and the movement animations are odd, I haven't explored it much beyond that.

Wolf is a much better game to waste time with. There's also Lion, which is basically the same, except about lions.

Concerning animal simulations, I also remember another game about lions, played from a behind-view perspective, back when 3D meant 3D terrain with 2D characters. I can't remember what it was called, though. I also remember some multiplayer browser-based game (with 2D graphics, though, not text-based like most browser games), where you took on the role of some animal (small critters at the beginning) and earned points by surviving, which allowed you to later take on the role of other animals. Though again, the name ommits me.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:36:50 pm »

I think I saw an advertisement for Wolf Quest a long time ago... It made me want to gouge my own eyes out.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 09:51:35 pm »

I remember wolf, fun game, but I always seemed to die a lot and I never managed to really get anywhere.

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:32:38 am »

I think I saw an advertisement for Wolf Quest a long time ago... It made me want to gouge my own eyes out.

Quoted for truth.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 10:42:28 am »

Concerning animal simulations, I also remember another game about lions, played from a behind-view perspective, back when 3D meant 3D terrain with 2D characters. I can't remember what it was called, though.

Savage: The Ultimate Quest for Survival is the name, if we're thinking of the same game. I remember playing the demo a long time ago. I also remember being eaten by a hippopotamus...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35:26 am »

except with lions

I think I'll wait for Housecat, the Licking Yourself and Sleeping Alot Simulator. With the Puke 2.0 expansion pack.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 03:15:33 pm »

My fellow human(I wouldn't call him a friend) is obsessed with wolves, and would vomit glitter if he knew about Wolf Quest or Wolf.  I haven't the heart to tell him Fenris was killed with a shoe.
Shoes...

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 02:23:37 pm »

Oh my god. I saw a commercial for Wolf Quest on youtube and I thought it was fake. This is real?

What the hell.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 03:51:11 pm »

Just looked up the commercial.

Wow.  All I can say.
Shoes...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher