Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

More control over Barrels and Bags

(1/3) > >>

Captain Mayday:
At the moment, it appears that bags and barrels are just assigned to be filled by whatever a dwarf wants to put in them.
It also seems that barrels and bags are already assigned a 'type' from whatever item is first put in them.

Because this can be an enormous pain, I suggest that it be possible to set the 'type' of container they are as they are constructed, and then toggle them afterwards.

The initial setting could be set as a percentage level from a secondary screen from the Management screen. The toggle could be located when using 'k' to look at empty barrels and bags.
This way, we could make certain that a certain number of bags are available for sand, and a certain number of barrels are available for booze.

Baneslave:
You can already do this with barrels, though. In custom stockpile screen, there is "reserved barrels" (or something similar) where you can change how many barrels and bins you can reserve.

Captain Mayday:
hmm, good point. My bad.

JujuBubu:
I saw the option to preserve barrels, bags and bins too .. but how does it work ?
preserve for what ?

Baneslave:
To not be used in stockpiles, I believe. So you can reserve barrels for brewing, bags to sand collecting and bins for... ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version