Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Cave Story  (Read 32412 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Cave Story
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2012, 01:30:09 pm »

I dare you guys to defeat Ballos with a level 3 nemesis. Me? I'm not man enough.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2012, 06:29:43 pm »

Hell is quite easy to get through once you learn the initial booster puzzles before getting the life capsule.

The way I remember it: short hop, four very light booster bursts to keep you clear of the OHKO spikes, then a decent burst to get you far enough right, then the remainder of your booster to get up onto the safe area where a message box appears.
Then the next bit, short hop, press booster rapidly on and off (you cover same distance for less fuel) so you have booster left for the next bit; once you've cleared this set of OHKO spikes then hit the experience orbs with your Missile Launcher to level it up;

Then aim to the right, as soon as you come level with the life capsule, use the last skerricks of your boost to get to the life capsule.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2012, 06:33:18 pm »

That part's easy. It's the second and third rooms that are the trouble. Bah, now I really have to go for another attempt at this.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2012, 06:47:44 pm »

So about challenges, anyone know how to do the ones added by Cave Story+? Like the Nemesis one. For that, I just try to run through without attacking anything, but that never works out.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »

I've beaten Ballos on the original Cave Story. It was pretty awesome.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 20, 2012, 04:41:38 am »

The Core was quite disappointing when I fought it, but that's probably because I had the machine gun. I wonder what fighting it with the polar star will be like.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 20, 2012, 04:43:33 am »

The core was easy once you learnt its patterns. Level 2 or 3 blade right up close rips through it in seconds. Missiles are good too. The machine gun is very useful- in my most recent playthrough I used the Polar Star only (waiting for the Spur) and it took an eternity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:58 am »

The core was easy once you learnt its patterns. Level 2 or 3 blade right up close rips through it in seconds. Missiles are good too. The machine gun is very useful- in my most recent playthrough I used the Polar Star only (waiting for the Spur) and it took an eternity.

To me the core was hard if you didn't know how to handle the enemies it uses to protect itself

I in fact didn't have Polar Star. I had to fight it with the Sword.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 20, 2012, 05:16:43 am »

Like I said, once you learn its patterns, it's rather easy. Until then it's ridiculously hard.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]