Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Cave River

(1/1)

Jay:
So, I've been living in 2-3 Z-levels peaceably for a few years on my fort, and I boot up Companion to try and make things more exciting (One legendary miner + Zombification = ???) and to my surprise I see a large number of lizardmen, snakemen, frogmen, and olmmen in the Companion unit list.
The Zoom feature in Companion points me directly below my fortress, literally one Z-level down.  I figured I must have embarked on top of a cave river without even knowing it...
ITT: Post your experiences with cave rivers.

SoylentNinja:
cave river alligators make for some very amusing wrestling practice... that and I find it hilarious that blood flows down stream.

Doppel:
One time after i embarked and began to explorational dig walkways the first one i dug went straight into a cave river, even better then that it breached just at the sort of chasm where the river ended. (so nasties couldn't get to me)
That was a nice surprise.

Joseph Miles:
Found a cave pond in a similar way. I made my marksmen train by shooting olmen and frogmen out of the water, with my axe lord and champion wrestler standing guard in case somebody came out. They didn't until after I left the area. I figured I'd kill them all fast because the process with my marksdwarf and champion and axelord was painfully slow. So I dug out all the land above it, and caved it in. Now I have a bunch of bones, four dead peasants, and a water source below ground.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version