Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Need a Good Way to Destroy My Fort

(1/2) > >>

furrot:
Nishrimtar, "Tradecastle" has begun to bore me with it's success, wealth and general good luck.  At 80 dwarves in 1056 I've easily repelled the ambushes.  I have so much valuable stuff in my fortress but have no idea what the purpose of trade is since my fort is already self sustaining mostly.  I would love to accumulate some kind of wealth but there's only so much you need when your fort is initially built through a copper vein and next to water.

I've dug about a dozen mine shafts now down to around -20 and discovered a whole bunch of useless deposits but haven't found what I want: brutal and quick death for everyone in the fortress. 

Do you guys know any good ways to end everything quick without giving up? 

The gobbos are weak and cowardly and I can't seem to provoke (or attack) the stupid Elves.  I wish I would just find the deposit of you-know-what so I could die with grace (ie. tentacle monsters).

Brdn666:
You could download the better Goblin Mod in the DF modding folder. The gobbos can be impossible to kill

Joseph Miles:
My favorite way at this point in time is caveins. Dig out about 4 levels entirely out from under the fort, channel around the entire fort and dig out the level right above it. It SHOULD collapse, killing every dwarf in the fort if you're lucky.

Brdn666:
You could draft every dwarf in the place into one mega squad and crush them all with one large bridge...

Logical2u:
You'll still need one non-military dwarf to pull the lever.

The solution?

Build the lever.
Hook up the lever to infinite drawbridges.
Make it so that the lever can collapse via a support... hooked up to the same lever.
Station a dwarf on the lever.
Trap him there.
Station your dwarves under the drawbridge.
Pull Lever (R).

Alternatively, forbid all the food and lock the doors, and let your dwarves die a slow death.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version