Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Magmafall

(1/2) > >>

Brdn666:
Magmafall

Has anyone built a large magmafall before? Does it preform any differently from a waterfall?

Joseph Miles:
Haven't even been able to make a waterfall myself, but I'd assume it works the same only things can walk into it but not out.

Brdn666:

--- Quote from: Joseph Miles on July 05, 2008, 07:07:40 pm ---Haven't even been able to make a waterfall myself, but I'd assume it works the same only things can walk into it but not out.

--- End quote ---

Check out the Machines thread. I explain how to make a waterfall pool. If you make the pool smaller, and increase the height, you can an aesthetically pleasing waterfall. Also, if you make the fall pass through grates, you can have a happiness station.

Joseph Miles:
Yeah, but I try and make things too overcomplicated for it to work. And I jump from one idea to the next to fast, I went from killing all humans with a goblin siege(Which ended up dying when I couldn't get through an aquifier, my dwarves went mad, and then world gen wouldn't work) to going onto draining an ocean and making dwarflantis. Even a simple thing like a waterfall needs to be a big thing with me, the closest I got was making a waterfall part of my death chamber for unwanted immigrants and the injured once.

Dwarf one: My god! We're going to die in here! Dwarves come in, but they never come out!

Dwarf two: AGH! The waterfall is making the bridge retr- hey! What a lovely waterfall!

Dwarf one: ooooh pretty! What were we just scre-*Impaled on spikes*

didn't work too well.

MuonDecay:
Suddenly I'm loving the idea of a killbox with upright spikes that can be filled with shallow water.

Dwarves walk in, the doors seal, you fill it 2/7 with water, impale them nonlethally, then let them slowly bleed/starve to death while standing in water turned red with their own blood.

Hmmm...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version