Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Under Water Fortress - Help

(1/3) > >>

Immortal:
Ok so im craving for a underwater fortress, Ive tried looking for maps with freezing lakes in winter but couldn't find any, so I change to dropping magma in the lake, that didnt work it just made a cap over the lake and I tried so many ways to drop magma im tired of it now. So if anyone has a fool proof magma plan or..
A map with,
-2x2 water 3z deep somewhere
-2x2 heavily forested or woodland
-magma
-sand
-water frezzing in winter

thanks for the help inadvance.

Joseph Miles:
I've actually just started on this project myself, only mine is going to be under the ocean and made completely out of glass blocks. I was originally going to make it all CLEAR glass, but green glass was free due to my magma pool.

But anyways, how I started mine was I found a nice spot on the beach using prospector to snag some magma with it. Made a huge water tank(Still in production, making it real big for maximum water storage capacity) and a pump to pump the water into it and upwards. This means two things. A clean waer supply, and being that much closer to making the underwater fort. Make sure to have a way to drain the water back into the ocean though, so that you'll be able to actually have the fort underwater. This takes a lot of wood and rocks, as well as a lot of time. But the end result seems worth it.

Immortal:
If I drain the water from the lake or ocean wont it just refill from the borders?

Joseph Miles:
One would think so, but it doesn't look like it does. At least, not at a noticeable rate.

Immortal:
Well normally the 3z level deep water I want for the fort is on the edges of the map soo I think I'm going to have a problem with that if it refills even a bit..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version