Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 9343 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Headphones
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 11:27:01 am »

Oooh! Lucid dreams. I get them like, three times a week. It's fun. It's my drugs. I know that no matter how boring this life is, my dreams are my playground. Interesting too, my dreams seem to evolve over time, as if they try to wrest control over my subconscious.

When I was younger, every single dream I had were bound to certain rules. while being completely freeform in nature, there were hardcoded rules my freeroaming psyche couldn't deny:
1. If my dream self closed and opened his eyes, he (I) would be transported through dream-time and dream-space to another position in that dream world.
2. It's possible to jump high enough to reach the top of lampposts and roofs.
3. If my dream self said, "wake up". I'll wake up.

These rules don't apply nowadays though. Usually have to figure out the rules of the dream world of the night right there and then. But it's funny too. Sometimes the me inside the dream world is fully aware of all the dream world physics of the night as if they were the things you take for granted now but when I wake up, it makes no sense. Like seeing people put bookshelves outside their doors. Wonder what it means...

Anyway, it's all fun and games until you realise that movie you're watching right now in the cinema, you actually watched 5 weeks ago in your dreams.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 11:30:48 am »

Although this takes the topic completely off track, every dream I can remember (I stopped being able to remember dreams around about 11 years old) involved my pants disappearing, no one seeming to care, and somehow ending up in a candy shop eating gummy bears.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 11:43:50 am »

My dreams always involve me slaughtering some sort of monster. It's pretty awesome every time, because it's like a really good Kung Fu movie, but with a single neckbearded viking decapitating all sorts of baddies.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 11:56:57 am »

I've had that dream deja vu thing. Though rarely with movies, more often with games or real life situations.

And most dreams I remember end with either me falling from somewhere and waking up, or realising a breach in physics and waking up.

Most often the breach in physics was ability to control either gravity or aerodynamics - either way I could, while moving, shift the vector of said motion to attain velocity in a desired direction. It's like retaining the body mass while turning the physical representation (think "hitbox" as opposed to "visible model") of the body to that of an aerodynamic wing. Very weird, and fun.
It was usually happening in a real environment, but at times it could warp in unexpected directions. Sometimes reality gets patched together, seamlessly, from several locations I know. Sometimes everything is normal (this was usually the case in the earliest happening I remember, that all started with me "waking up" without waking up) until something draws my attention, like an olympic swimming pool-sized bathtub...
I can't say anything interesting happened recently though, I'm too accosted by real life to attempt "dream control". :(
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2021, 11:28:28 am »

This is an odd topic, but it just occurred to me, and I wondered if anyone else is like this.  When I'm on the computer, I always use headphones, no speakers.  Right now I'm not using headphones because mine are going out.  I almost feel naked.  Whenever I don't have headphones I feel like something's wrong, and I get the urge to put headphones on, even if I don't use them or they aren't plugged in.  It's weird.

Is anyone else like this?

Really this is a problem?

I use my PC without headphones and i think it's just fine although i have weird opinions of alot of things
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2021, 11:42:53 am »

On topic, my brother just got me a pair of Corsair HS70 headphones. They are pretty legit. Wireless, which I'm generally not a fan of, but they have like 6 hours of battery life in them. Volume slider, mute and power on the headset. Detachable mic. A way overblown EQ software that goes with it too. They were not cheap, I think more than $100 but I have a feeling these things will last me years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 11:52:56 am »

No. There is no on topic. Let it go back to it's eternal slumber.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]