Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which arc do you want to see done after the Army and Presentation arcs?

Combat arc
- 12 (6.2%)
Bustling town arc
- 12 (6.2%)
Fire and lighting arc
- 11 (5.7%)
Burrows, transportation arc
- 28 (14.5%)
Caravan arc
- 48 (24.9%)
County arc
- 9 (4.7%)
Relationships arc
- 1 (0.5%)
Diplomacy arc
- 10 (5.2%)
Affiliation arc
- 3 (1.6%)
Scenarios arc
- 1 (0.5%)
Artifact arc
- 8 (4.1%)
Life cycle arc
- 5 (2.6%)
Adventurer skills arc
- 42 (21.8%)
Other (Please specify)
- 3 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Which arc do you want to see done after the Army and Presentation arcs?  (Read 3306 times)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

First, let me just say I realize that Toady will  make DF in any way he wishes, whether or not we agree with it. And I'm wholly in favor of him choosing which arc to work on after the army and presentation arcs are done. I'm not suggesting that we're going to sway his opinion by making a huge poll.

Secondly, apologies for the huge poll, but DF's development _does_ have a lot of stuff coming :D

Thirdly, I made this because I was just wondering, personally, which arcs people are most excited about. It would have to be the Combat arc for me!
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Likely the Caravan Arc will be done alongside the Army and Presentation Arcs. As Toady stated, it is vital that the entities can handle ownership of resources.

Personally? Burrows Arc. It would be nice to be able to organize the whole fortress population into their respective jobs, making hauling easier.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Well, Toady said that he wasn't going to limit himself to just one arc in the future, since he finds that boring and somewhat limiting. Which I can understand.

Personally, I'd like to see more from the diplomacy and caravan arcs. But, really, there's so much good stuff to add in I'm sure I'll be happy regardless of what he picks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Getheli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really really want to see the Burrows arc done, but I'm pretty sure Caravans will come first, or County.
Those are brave men over there. Lets go kill them.<BR>~Tyrion Lannister

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'd like to see the Artifact Arc done, I've always wanted to find some extremely obscure artifact in a video game, something where I'd find a hint of it in a library, and the first clue, and go all over the world through horrible dungeons to find more about its whereabouts.  Something like the Ancient Secret You Have to Solve the Word Puzzles'n'Such to Find thing that Brian Jacques puts in EVERY SINGLE REDWALL BOOK, but without anthropomorphic animals.

Used to love that series, until I realized they were all the same book with different characters.
Shoes...

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile

I'd like to see the Artifact Arc done, I've always wanted to find some extremely obscure artifact in a video game, something where I'd find a hint of it in a library, and the first clue, and go all over the world through horrible dungeons to find more about its whereabouts.  Something like the Ancient Secret You Have to Solve the Word Puzzles'n'Such to Find thing that Brian Jacques puts in EVERY SINGLE REDWALL BOOK, but without anthropomorphic animals.

Used to love that series, until I realized they were all the same book with different characters.

A lots of descriptions of food.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

I want the adventurer skills

I like adventure mode better than dwarf mode, and being able to build my own hideout would be awesome
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Apegrape

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop that, it's silly.
    • View Profile

Adventurer skills fo sho! Being able to make and dig stuff makes Adventure Mode much better.
This is -ing good wood!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

While I love the idea of playing one guy's whole life, and build a town turn by turn in Adventure Mode, I threw my vote to Fire and Lighting.  I think it would add a whole new dimension to the game.  More naturalism and difficulty is always good.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile

Which Arc do the crimes belong to?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'm going to have to change my vote to Adventurer Skills, finding an ancient artifact is cool and all, but having more abilities could make it better.
Shoes...

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dungeon/Humanoid Arcs here (They're basically the same, it seems, except dungeon arc is for bad guys and humanoid arc is for good guys ???)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caravan arc for SURE!!!

No matter what Arc is being done I keep hearing about how the Carivan arc is needed to complete it.

Well alright... Ive heard of how the Army Arc needs hte Carivan Arc to complete it... since that is the Arc I joined the community during.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile

The Description arc. Descriptions of battles, items, and anything need to be longer and more detailed.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile

Seems like the caravan arc is leading, followed closely by the adventurer skills arc. I was going to pick adventurer skills second, myself, but in the end the ability to slit throats was just way too appealing. x3
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4