Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which arc do you want to see done after the Army and Presentation arcs?

Combat arc
- 12 (6.2%)
Bustling town arc
- 12 (6.2%)
Fire and lighting arc
- 11 (5.7%)
Burrows, transportation arc
- 28 (14.5%)
Caravan arc
- 48 (24.9%)
County arc
- 9 (4.7%)
Relationships arc
- 1 (0.5%)
Diplomacy arc
- 10 (5.2%)
Affiliation arc
- 3 (1.6%)
Scenarios arc
- 1 (0.5%)
Artifact arc
- 8 (4.1%)
Life cycle arc
- 5 (2.6%)
Adventurer skills arc
- 42 (21.8%)
Other (Please specify)
- 3 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 193

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Which arc do you want to see done after the Army and Presentation arcs?  (Read 3305 times)

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fire and Lighting.  I like Dwarf Mode best, and the ability to bring down an entire fort in flames just sounds >83
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

If I had any say the presentation arc would be last... And the one I want worked on the most is the adventurer skills.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm torn between the lighting arc and the burrows arc. One would make the game so much more playable, the other just the opposite. But forcing us to create candles to see just seems so exciting to me. I just want to see how Toady'd tackle it.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile

Caraven Arc, easily. I think it'll serve as the basic predecessor to the success or failures of a world based on player actions. I have these visions of be able to blockade popular trade routes, and having towns reliant on them suffer. Or, better yet, go out and conquer civilizations making a certain good, then establish a monopoly on it.

At war with a nation? Block their supplies, starve them to death.

I doubt if any of those will even make it in at all, but this arc will at least allow us to think about putting them in.\

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to be able to build hideouts and stock up food and weapons, looting towns and selling gems and stolen goods in other places in adv mode.

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

I voted for adventurer skills arc only because the caravan is already being mostly done with the army arc. I was also torn between that and about 5 other arcs, honestly I'd love to see any of them other than combat skills done next.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't care what will be added. Anything will do  ;D

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile

Too. Many. Choices. Cant. Choose!

Seriously, every single arc has something I'd love to see.  Maybe I should just stay away from DF for a few years and come back when it's all done
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

JamesP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Friends are Electric

Too. Many. Choices. Cant. Choose!

Seriously, every single arc has something I'd love to see.  Maybe I should just stay away from DF for a few years and come back when it's all done

If this was possible my social life would be greatly improved.

As for me, Just more DwarfFortress is enough.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile

I'm waiting the most for the presentation arc... then the caravan one.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

pnutz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

#1 - Workshops and more put into the raws (Mod-ability Arc)?
#2 - Presentation Arc; more mouse control (let me pick and designate with the mouse and change z-levels with the wheel, among other things), high tile resolution (32x32), stackable tile alpha (dwarf on arrows on grass on loam), and arbitrary window size (1440x900 fullscreen with 8x8 tiles!!! 180x112 tile display!!!)
#3 - Caravan Arc
#4 - Fire and Lighting Arc
#5 - Diplomacy, Relationships, Ghosts, County Arcs

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile

Adventurer skills.

Right now, this is one of the few games that even comes close to the point of allowing you to use literally anything as a weapon. The only things I can think of at the moment off the top of my head that you can't are trees, shrubs, and walls (the first two can be set on fire, but it doesn't spread very well). If we could just get some mining/deconstructing, herbalism, and woodcutting thrown in there...
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using anything as a weapon isn't enough on its own... which is why a lot of games that boast that ability fail in that respect.

I mean, what is the point of being able to pick up anything in the environment and use it as a weapon if they are going to punish you for it?

Dwarf Fortress is eventually going to rebalance objects so you can no longer use Coins and Arrows as deadly throwing weapons... when that happens I hope they give you more interesting options when it comes to using objects at hand. Like throwing a coin in an enemy's mouth so they sufficate, throwing sand into someone's eye, or rolling a barrel so they trip and fall.

I really got to stop ranting...

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile

I'd be happy with any of them. But personally I would enjoy the combat arc the most.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense

Using anything as a weapon isn't enough on its own... which is why a lot of games that boast that ability fail in that respect.

I mean, what is the point of being able to pick up anything in the environment and use it as a weapon if they are going to punish you for it?

What about Dead Rising, and IVAN?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4