Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)  (Read 13856 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »

I apologize if it is inappropriate to post this in this forum, but I worry that most people don't read the Nonsense forum, and if I only post it there many people who might be interested will never know about it.

I believe it was Datablue who first suggested a DF-Inspired DnD game online using OpenRPG.  I'm not such a big fan of the DnD rules myself, so I have offered to run a game using the QAGS rules.  The rules are simple, flexible, and easy to learn, and I will gladly provide them to anyone who wishes to play.  So far I have one definite and one maybe player, but I'd like to have at least three or four before starting.

The plot I've come up with to start out is fairly short and shouldn't take more than one or two sessions to play through.  It is mostly to test out my ideas and see how QAGS rules work with DF.  It is intended to be somewhat humorous, entertaining, and offer a great deal of creative freedom to the players and GM.

I live in New England, Eastern Standard Time.  I can play on most days pretty much anytime from about 1 PM to about midnight, so there's flexibility for people in different time zones.  Anyone who is interested, please post here with the days and times you are available.  I will send each person interested a link to a PDF file containing the necessary portions of the players' section of the QAGS manual.  I highly recommend that everyone who is able pick up a copy of the book: it's only about $15, it's a great read, it's a way better system than DnD, and the guys who wrote it deserve the money for their hard work.

==UPDATE==
Here are the most up-to-date links for what you need to play the game.  The old links (hand scanned-in by me) can be found at the bottom of the page, and you can always buy your own materials on the cheap at www.hexgames.com  :

Rules for Creating Your Character
Examples of In-Game Mechanics
Official Character Sheet (For Reference)
Official Qik Start Rules

==UPDATE==
This is the link to the chat room where we set up the sessions immediately before connecting.  Look here to see what's up for the day.  Thus far we have been running games on Sundays at 4:00 PM EST (GMT-5) but this is subject to change.

Password: toodeep

==UPDATE==
Here are the links to the game logs, all in one handy place!  Thanks to Turgid Bolk for posting these online for us:

Session 1
Session 2
Session 3
Session 4
Session 5

Also, the Wiki Page, also created and maintained by Turgid Bolk.

Intro to my plot:
It is a simple but honest life, working in the fortress-city of Crimsonworked.  It is the best fortified fortress in the kingdom, and home to King Hameclear himself.  It is the one place where dwarves have little fear of being attacked by the vicious Dragon, which regularly raids the outposts established under the King’s orders.  The Dragon is well-known for being greedy and bloodthirsty, and steals whatever treasure it can find from the outposts after slaughtering every dwarf in sight.

Yes, you are safe here, but the fear is always there.

It is early morning when you are awoken by a member of the Royal Guard.  The stalwart dwarf will not tell you why, but you have been summoned into the presence of the King.  In your pajamas and without breakfast, you are marched into the throne room to hear the King’s request...

Old Links:

Character Sheet: http://www.mediafire.com/?3hlz2vba2vd
Advanced Character Sheet: http://www.mediafire.com/?b3h2xays9wv
Front Cover of Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/?amly9wmvh33
Back Cover of Manual: http://www.mediafire.com/?egwbx13sabl

[ September 30, 2007: Message edited by: Sappho ]

[ October 14, 2007: Message edited by: Sappho ]

[ October 23, 2007: Message edited by: Sappho ]

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Re: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:04:00 pm »

i think that this should probably go in the "General nonsence" or "other games" forums personally...

ill join tho

.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:54:00 pm »

Sign me up!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 12:52:00 am »

Show the stats for a elephant.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:41:00 am »

Wooty!, I call dibs on the miner!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 04:13:00 am »

PS I will only join if I get to be the Hammerer.
Forget that read wrong, thought you mean a computur rpg.

[ August 21, 2007: Message edited by: Keilden ]

Kyselina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:44:00 am »

Mah joins.
Tun Athelbuket, farmer cancels sleep: Caged.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:18:00 am »

Great, that should be enough people to play.  Could everyone please post what days and times (and in what time zones) they are available so we can pick a good time to play?

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »

How large of a time block do you need? i am ready every day after 9 pm to 1 am on west coast american time zone.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 01:48:00 pm »

I expect the entire game to take maybe three to four hours, though that depends greatly on how the players handle different situations.  It could take an hour, it could take ten hours!  It can be split up into as many sessions as are necessary.  I'm three hours ahead of the US west coast, and five hours behind the UK - I don't think we have any Australian players so that ought to be the whole stretch.  Once some other people start posting their ideal times, I'll start figuring out the best one - if need be we can always do two sessions, one for people near the West Coast and one for people closer to the UK end of things.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 10:30:00 pm »

Hm...  It depends on when you decide to do it.  Count me in, but I can't guaruntee I'll be there, as I work late many nights...  Heck, I'll get on if I can.  Let's leave it at that.  Looks awesome, though; I love doing Tabletop gaming (And I've actually got one going on this Saturday, so don't worry about me too much).

Mind... Incoherant.  Sorry, bedtime.

[ August 21, 2007: Message edited by: Dreamer ]

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:46:00 am »

I would love to get in on this! I'm available during the days, about noon to midnight (or later) Eastern time. Also preferably not on the weekends, but I can probably still play then, too. Should I go download OpenRPG?
"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:55:00 am »

I plan on running the game on OpenRPG, so if you want to play you'll need the program.  www.openrpg.com  - it's a pretty good program actually, though I'm still getting my bearings on some of the more complicated stuff.

So that's two people who have given me times...  Should I assume that everyone else is available 24/7? :P

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 02:14:00 am »

So you are using a comp to play then I might join :) but don't know about time.

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 02:52:00 am »

Would love to join but i think we are in slightly diffrent timezones and school starts in a week. I won't have the time over.  :( Trying to bring a group together in school instead.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12