Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)  (Read 13780 times)

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 11:37:00 am »

Dang...  AIM?  I've never used it.  Send me a private message on these boards once things are figured out...  I hope I'm not too late, I slept in just a touch.

Okay...  I got AIM.  Waiting for us to start up.

[ August 29, 2007: Message edited by: Dreamer ]

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »

personally, I prefer Skype.
but sure, I'll get AIM.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 01:25:00 pm »

send me a message , i have openrpg set up now and everything, but AIM stinks and it wont let me open an account, it say unable to contact server.

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »

We're done for today, but we only got as far a creating some characters. Sappho will post some times for the next session, and I'm sure anyone who missed out can join in the fun then.
"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »

Ya i got Aim express, and created an account but i mispelled suconciousmess and waited but oops it was subconsciousmess  :(

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2007, 02:32:00 pm »

Ctrl+V is your friend.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:00 pm »

Thanks to everyone who played today!  Well, I guess we didn't exactly get around to playing, but I think we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless creating characters.  By the way, Dreamer, I noticed your Dumb Fact - very sneaky!  We'll have fun with that one.

The QAGS rules seem to be a success, I certainly didn't hear any complaints.  The system is geared towards telling a story and getting into it with characters that have real unique personalities, not cookie cutter adventurers with long lists of skills and equipment and lots and lots of dice rolling.  If anyone else wants to get in on this, I'm sure we can find the time to make up some more characters to join the plot, as we haven't officially started yet.

I'm no fan of AIM and it seems you guys aren't either - it just happened to be the one chat program I had on my computer.  Is there a single program that everyone can agree on for setting up games?  I was getting harassed anyway by people who used to talk to me on AIM with whom I had no desire to speak, so I'd be happy to leave that program behind.

Reality_Unknown, sorry we missed you, I didn't realize you were looking to join or I might have checked here and sent you a PM or something.  If you want to join in, maybe you and I (and anyone else who's interested) can make up some characters before the next actual session.

And as for the next session, we need to pick a time.  Tentatively, I can do:
Saturday anytime between 5:00 PM and Midnight or so
Sunday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Monday anytime between 2:00 PM and 6:30 or so
Tuesday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Wednesday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Thursday between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM
Friday between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM
Next Saturday between 1:00 PM and Midnight or so
As always, all these times are EST (GMT -5)

Slow work week next week so I have lots of time for playing.  That ought to cover it for now.  What's good for you guys?

Also, I don't think I've sent you a link to the manual yet, Reality_Unknown, so I'll PM it to you.  Anyone else who still needs that, let me know and I'll send it to you.  As I've told everyone so far, you don't need to read the whole thing, but it's very helpful and a joy to read.  Start with the introduction.  If you like that, you'll want to buy the book so you can read the parts I didn't scan in!  I am giving you guys less than half the book so that everyone can have a copy of the rules, but that is less than half the manual (GM secrets is mine, yes, they are my preciousss!)  I've actually read it cover to cover several times just because it's so funny and enjoyable, I can't push enough that these guys deserve the money.  (And for the record, no, I do not work for them and I do not get any of the money, but I want more people to start playing QAGS so we can get away from complicated DnD rules and move towards a more flexible and enjoyable system.)

I suppose that's all for now.  Everyone join in, it's gonna be fun!

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 09:44:00 pm »

I can do SUnday all day, and AIM expreess is a peice of junk, im glad i didnt downlaod the real AIM.  i know how to use ventrilo, and i used teamspeak once, i can probably find a server to mooch of off but i think its free or soemthing anyways to small groups, otherwise we can join a chat room or something i am not familiar with how those work.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 09:35:00 am »

Just for the record, I hate AIM too.  Anything to do with AOL, honestly, ticks me off, to put it kindly.  I'm currently using MSN - It's less "IN YOUR FACE WITHOUT ASKING" and a bit more user friendly (I couldn't/wouldn't figure out AIM), at least from my perspective.  Of course, I don't mind Microsoft; many people seem to think it's a giant satanic cult or something.  I'm actually removing AIM from my system, currently, after it opened some website I didn't want on my desktop... *Winding up his crossbow.*

quote:
Originally posted by Sappho:
<STRONG>
And as for the next session, we need to pick a time.  Tentatively, I can do:
Saturday anytime between 5:00 PM and Midnight or so
Sunday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Monday anytime between 2:00 PM and 6:30 or so
Tuesday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Wednesday anytime between 2:00 PM and Midnight or so
Thursday between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM
Friday between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM
Next Saturday between 1:00 PM and Midnight or so
As always, all these times are EST (GMT -5)
</STRONG>

I can't do Saturday, unfortunately.  I'm actually working from 5 to midnight, and likely into the morning.  I can do Sunday, though.  The rest of the times are okay, but I'd have to leave for work around 4:30 PM (GMT -6; 5:30 GMT -5) or so.  Sorry if it's inconvinient...

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 03:53:00 pm »

Sunday is ok for me, too.

I found a nice chat site and created a private room here: http://www.chatzy.com/508744878667
The password is toodeep

So we can use that, it's free and doesn't require any downloading, and doesn't even use flash or java, so it should work for everyone (I hope).

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 08:38:00 pm »

So that's three for Sunday - a1s, could you make it Sunday?  If so, we can get the whole group up and running and the adventure started right off the bat!

Reality_Unknown, perhaps we can create a character for you via email or something beforehand, so everyone will be ready to go.  Could you PM me your email address if you'd like to do that?  If you've had a chance to read over at least the character creation part of the manual, that would give a good head start as well.

Anyone else interested in Sunday?

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 10:07:00 am »

I'd love to join if there's room for another.  Sunday is good.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »

Sure thing, Rollory.  I'll PM you a link to the manual.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 10:01:00 am »

I might be a touch late, on Sunday, then, probably 'til around three, or maybe four 'o clock.  We'll see, though.  Don't fret starting without me, I'll be able to figure out what's going on fairly easily.
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

Actually I'm going to postpone the start of the game until 3:00 tomorrow, if that's alright with everyone - I'll be out all morning and I'm not sure if I can get back by 2, and would hate to be late on you guys.

I think that chat room looks pretty good, Turgid.  Everyone okay with meeting there instead of an instant messaging program?  It does require javascript but nothing more.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12