Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)  (Read 13877 times)

4bh0r53n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?c=1&mforum=abhorsengames
Re: Multiplayer Adventure Mode! (Formerly Tabletop DF)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »

sounds like it should be good
.B.H.O.R.S.E.N.: Abhorrent, Bloodthirsty, Hitchhiker-Obliterating Ravager from the Sunless Enchanted Necropolis

I dont explode Cats, its way to hard to coax them into the microwave...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »

FYI I am planning on starting the game at 3:00 EST today, though I can only play for a few hours today.  Everyone who wants to watch this session so as to join in later please download and install OpenRPG if you have not already, and run it once so that it can update.  We will meet again in the chat room - it is linked to earlier in this thread, everyone should bookmark it so that we don't lose it.

See you all in a few hours!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2007, 12:30:00 pm »

Aha!  It turns out I didn't have to scan in all those pages after all, as I have discovered the official QAGS Qik Start Rules, which are available for free on their web site.  Everyone can download them here: http://hexgames.com/main/system/files/QAGS+Qik+Start+Rules.pdf

Of course, the manual is a fabulously good read and, I can't stress this enough, everyone should totally buy it.

We made some more progress last Sunday (does anyone care to post the chat log again?  I can do it if need be, just have to find the file on my hard drive) but there is still more to be done!  Prizes to be claimed, lies to be told!

Reality_Unknown, I played your character for you since you were not there.  No harm has been done to you, though the dragon had to be left behind.

The short summary is that through trickery, cheating, taking advantage of weaknesses, first-degree murder, and a large helping of luck, the group has managed to obtain the eye from the humans and made it back to the hermit's shack.  Argument is now being had over what to tell the king when the characters arrive back at the capital.

I'm thinking next session should be held on Sunday at 4:00, since several players are unable to join us until 4 anyway.  Watchers are welcome to come and witness the glorious storytelling.

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

For anyone interested, the second log.
Slightly edited to take out irrelevant stuff. Enjoy!   :D

Oh, by the way, I figured out a way to improve the character sheet to make it easier to roll. With this one, just click the Word, it will automatically use the appropriate Number (or ask you for the Number), and look like
Dumat Rigothul: Body: [10] = (0)
for a success or
Dumat Rigothul: Body: [18] = (1)
for a failure. I'll send the new! and improved! node to everyone next game.

I can do a custom fancy QAGS roller, which would say Nerve: [13] vs. 12, Failure! or Job: [10] vs. 10, Lucky Break! &c. but everyone would have to put a couple new files in their dieroller folder. Pretty easy, but maybe more hassle than it's worth for every new person to install python, openrpg, and download a new dieroller. Still, if you want to do that let me know and I'll whip it up.

[ September 13, 2007: Message edited by: Turgid Bolk ]

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."
Multiplayer Adventure Mode, the (now defunct) DF roleplaying game.

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »

Been reading these logs and finding them very interesting (I've never played one of these games but these logs are great fun to read).

Oh, and was the sound thing something that he had on his computer and was playing at you somehow? Cos there's a unit in Dawn of War that screams "Meet your Doom!" all the time...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 07:51:00 pm »

Bricktop, you are welcome to watch our next session on OpenRPG on Sunday.  The sound effect Vallan kept playing always caught me off guard - I couldn't make out the actual words, but it was clearly a battle cry.

By the way, guys, I have discovered that I misunderstood some of the combat rules earlier.  No need to retroactively change anything, but from this point forward I'll make sure we do it right.  The key difference is that in melee combat, characters don't take turns hitting and dodging - they try to hit each other at the same time.  If only one character succeeds in their hit roll, they do damage to the other character equal to their roll.  If neither succeed, no damage is done.  If both succeed, the character which rolled higher does the damage, which is equal to their roll minus their opponent's roll.  It's actually pretty simple, but unfortunately I misread it before.

With missile combat, one person is attacking and the other is dodging.  If the dodge succeeds, no damage is done.  If the dodge fails and the hit succeeds, the damage is equal to the hit roll.  If the hit fails, no damage is done.

Hope that makes sense to everyone.  Turgid, thanks again for posting the log and setting up that macro on the character sheets.  You're just a great big suckup aren't you?  Well sucking up to god gets you Yum Yums, so that's very wise of you.  I'll have to slip you a couple of extra YY at the beginning of next session.

I think that's all for now.  How many of you will be able to play next Sunday?

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2007, 08:12:00 pm »

Yeah, you can play any file from the internet, he just uploaded it somewhere to play it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was from that game (tho I've never played it myself).

We'd love to have you join the game. The system is very painless and easy to understand. Obviously, the focus is on roleplaying, so the number-wrangling only takes a few decisions about your character, and maybe 10-15 minutes, and you're ready to play. The thing that brings the character to life is how you play it.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Yeah, I thought we were doing the rock-throwing combat a little weirdly, but forgot to mention it afterwards. And I'm not trying to suck up! I just kind of...do these things? I guess?  :)

[ September 13, 2007: Message edited by: Turgid Bolk ]

"This is an engraving of a Dwarf and a Mandrill Leather Skirt. The Dwarf is raising the skirt."

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

i will be there i am vallan 1 pm my time california time zone

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

Oh, wait - whose character was it that I had to play?  Rollory?  Sorry, I've got the character names straight but the forums names mixed up!

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2007, 02:52:00 pm »

We are playing today, right? It's nearly 4pm EST...

For anyone who doesn't have it, the set-up chatroom is http://www.chatzy.com/508744878667, password toodeep

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2007, 10:44:00 pm »

Did you play? I'm waiting for the Log to be posted so I can find out what happened...

Bricktop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2007, 10:45:00 am »

Did it not happen...?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

We didn't get enough people to play, so the session was canceled, unfortunately.  I plan on trying again this week, and I'm in the process of privately contacting the people who haven't been showing lately to see if I can get them back into it.

Any new players interested in joining, this next session will be a good one to be brought into the plot, so feel free to post here or contact me privately to let me know!

Turgid Bolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tacticus Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

So, do we have enough players today? Let's continue the adventure!

Reality_Unknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »

IM here its 12;20 california time
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12