Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death  (Read 9205 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:18:46 pm »

As those who read my other RPG Forum Game, I made a hell of a lot promises.Terror of the Succubus would be updated a lot, and would end around now. Also, I would make more then one game.
Well, it turns out I'm a lousy promise-keeper if I forget stuff. So, to combat the deathlines and to get those who couldn't get into the first game in, here is the second RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death!

Constantly writing on one story when you have planned out a lot of the story already tends to get boring, and thus, I decided that having two games would add some versality in my drab, boring forum life! ^^
You'll noticed some things will have changed around the "Game's" mechanics. I've learned some things in the first one, and I don't want to repeat some mistakes.

The Prelude ( read this ! )
-------------------------
This game is based around a what-if history on earth ( don't gasp yet, I think I made it original ).

As the end of the 70's nears, it becomes clearer and clearer then neither the USSR or the USA or going down anytime soon.
The war in Vietnam has just ended, and has teached that wars between the two superpowers will result in a catastrophy.
However, more pressing concerns seem to strike both nations, as criminality, global pollution and the increasing scarcity of resources begins to spiral out of control.
Different strange incidents cause a enormous drain of the oil reserves in Arabia. Oil prices sky-rocket and keeps the USSR's weakening economy from collapsing.
However, as the year 2000 strikes, oil has become so scarce it can no longer be used for industrial purposes and with no united research, humanity finds no short-terms sollutions.
As the situation begins to worsen in most countries, the two superpowers and their allies alienate from eachother, with the USSR and USA not wanting to share what is left of their resource reserves.
In the treaty of Paris in 2003, the Europian Union becomes a fact; the political union no shuns all contact with the USA. However, a year later, most of South America unites in the South American Trade Union. Africa splinters in different other Unions, and most of Asia binds itself with China.
Without their allies, and with the entire world breathing in their neck, the two superpowers do something which seemed impossible a decade before; they become allies.

The two superpowers still hold grudges against eachother, however, and negotiating is hard. As the pressure rises, however, the two manage to actually gain common ground. Political and economical reforms ( such as a common currency, open borders and the sharing of military and technological research ) in both countries allow them to work together better.
As the year 2010 ends, the two superpowers manage to actually get along.
The new allies call themselves the (I)nternational (H)uman (U)nion, but the two superpowers still have their own independence.
But the world outside the IHU deteriorates fast, and all but a few regions now are reduced to wildlands.
Technologies in the IHU progress however, and now their are solutions to combat the world-wide problems. By 2023, the IHU starts to fully recover earth.
However, in that same year, humanity finally get's its first alien contact.
Later, it would become clear that the aliens were attracted to the testing of a new high-energy weapon by the IHU.
First contact was peacefull, but by a misunderstanding, the second meeting turned to hostility. The aliens decided to infect the wildlands with a parasite-like race that lived on all sorts of energies and matter. Then, they left.
The year is 2027. The parasite race has taken large parts of the wildlands.
The IHU, first unsuccesful to defeat it, learned and has started to drive the parasites back.
A professional team of commandos has crashed in the heavily infected area of Hrodna, Belarus after a succesful raid on the parasites. They must survive the parasite onslaught and find a way to warn their command about their whereabouts.
Before you wish to join in however, here's comes the real original take.
You're a parasite.
That's right. You can shred people to pieces. Isn't that great!
I deliberatily left the parasites race name out, so that you guys could customize at will.

The second thread will include more detail about the mission, some interesting basic facts I had in mind about the parasites and about the IHU.
Now, how to join!

How to join
-----------
Submit this filled out.

( Full ) Name ( You're an alien, don't forget that!) :
Species ( The parasite race has different mutations. Make it sound snappy ) :
Appearance ( Please, put some detail in this one. Be original. ) :
Size ( You can put this in appearance ) :
Anything interesting about him :
Background ( Place of birth ( on earth or dropped from some alien world? ), age, gender if the species has one, ...) :
Special abilities ( See the * to get some ideas ) :
Anything else you would like :

Those who have seen Terror of the Succubus might wonder what has happened with the "feats". This is one of the changes I made. Instead having to 'balance' points out, I give people free choice what to do. However, don't try to make a superhero. I have ways to make your alien suffer. For I am... the writer! *mwhaha*
Here is a range of suggestions.

*SPECIAL ABILITIES
-------------------

The alien can/has: spit venom
                          regrow certain limbs
                          camouflage
                          tranquilize
                          extra thick armour
                          telepathy abilities
                          cloak abilities
                          claws who can rip through armour

Another change I will make is the "choice-making". This wouldn't be a game without some input, but I've noticed I have to find a balance. Too much input and it harms the story, to little and it becomes more of a book in progress like Terror of the Succubus ( which isn't THAT bad, but oh well. )
Instead, choices will come more structured. Every chapter, every player makes a choice. To make up for the little amounts of choices, these choices are mostly very determinating. Also, the chapters won't be THAT big.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:50:44 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 03:02:31 pm »

Universe Background ( reading is adviced but not needed )
--------------------------------------------------------

The Humans
------------

The enemy team consists of seven, determined, trained IHU members. They consist of both USSR and USA soldiers, four and three, accordingly.
Their dropship, SCO-12, Spacecraft Olympus 12, has been taken down by a plasma battery which was protecting a harvesting site.
The SCO-12's motor and radio systems are destroyed. It's carbon reactor is still intact however, and will be their primary energy source. It's main turret is online, but can most likely only used manually.
Most of it's hull is still intact. After we have finished the scan, we can give more information.

The Aliens
----------

The aliens are parasite-like race who can thrive on any sort of energy and matter. They transform anything in to a substance known by them as Xyv, a purple liquid which contains a lot of energy. Everything the parasites make consists of Xyv. Weapons, buildings, even their own tissue is made out of transformed Xyv.

The aliens live in large hives, and have a hierachy much like bees. Most of the hives are above ground, others are mostly built as scout posts and are thus build underground to prevent detection. Harvesting colonies are heavily defended digged out fortresses, in which all the nearby matter is converted to Xyv and shipped to where it is needed.
The aliens have their own will and personality, much like humans, but with a distinct set of moral values.

Also, they tend to be more competitive then humans, always vying over commandership over others.

The alien military consists of hive commonwealths. Each hive commonwealth is connected to a high overlord, a large, highly developped creature which lives in the overlord hive, the center of all alien activity and control. The commonwealth on earth is simply named hive 12. The commonwealths are enslaved by the aliens who infected earth. To ensure each hive overlord stays allied with them, they have been inplanted with microrobots who can destroy a overlord in a matter of seconds. If the overlord dies, his servants tend to quarrel and descend in chaos.
The overlord does not activily control aliens themselves ( as I said, they have their own will ) but does activily control the lower overlords.
Each normal hive is controlled by a lower overlord. They are responsible for their hive and the sector surrounding it.

To shorten it down:

They know a lot of diversity in their equipment, although they seem to be very concentrated on making weapons that are deadly as soon as they make contact with the enemy. As such, they tend to neglect defense in favour of offense.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:34:35 pm by Asheron »

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:48:13 pm »

This sounds very interesting, and so I probably will join you desite no prior experience with anything close to this.
I will edit this post with information if I decide to join and when I have decided what to post.

I probably will join so I will fill in as much as I can.

General stuff:

Species: ang'ustos
This species is relatively new, having mutated into existance less than a year ago. It is roughly bipedal, although it's legs are short, so it tends to walk on all four limbs when it needs speed, although even then it is not quite as fast as the average running human. It's arms are generally lower than a human's relative to the body, and have two distinct joints. The entire body(including the limbs has a scattering of thick bone plates that come together into a protective shell when crouching. The head s generally longish and flat with little neck. A third "arm" protrudes from the back but instead of a hand it has a powerful set of muscles that can fling sharp bone spikes at up to 500 meters per second. This arm can store up to 7 of these spikes at a time, and can grow a new one in about two hours. On it's other arms it has roughly claw like hands with only 3 fingers/claws with one joint each, one protruding from the opposite side of the hand. It is generally wider is both dimensions as the average human, exagerated by it's tendancy to hunch over when it is standing still to support itself with it's arms. An average one stands about 5 feet tall at full height. The plates can slowly change color taking about 20 minutes. Due to it's "features", these creatures have a tendancy to remain outside of battles, prefering to snipe at opponents from hiding. They can reprodce asexually, leaving an egg behind that will hatch in roughly 5 days. When crouching defensivey, they occupy roughly a cubic meter although they often burrow slightly into the ground to reduce the exposed parts.
They are slightly less intelligent than humans, with a reduced ability to create tools, but otherwise very close, although occasionally one of them can be quite smart, although only 1-3% are lucky enough to get this.
They normally can see in the same spectrum as humans with a slight additional sensitivity for infra red allowing them to see very warm objects in very low lighting conditions. They are able to detect nearby objects out of their field of vision through a slightly stronger infra red visibility. They are generally a dark red color.

Personal stuff:

Name: umom kosh
One of the first of his kind, umom kosh was the seventh hatched from the original ang'ustos. He was one of the rare few gifted with full human ingenuity when it came to creating stuff. As a side effect he was unusually sensitive to cold, although he still can work fine in conditions of -20 degrees C, whereas the ave3rage ang'ustos can stand -40.

Easter egg: translate the names(from DF dwarf).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:33:09 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 04:12:44 pm »

I may just have to join. I reserve this spot, as well, until I have a character figured out.

EDIT:
Name: Tkahn Jhrasss
Species: Vrekka
Appearance: Standing roughly 8 feet tall, this creature generally crawls along the ground on its 4 limbs, much like a particularly large dog, though while walking it raises its limbs much higher than any earthly mammal, giving it an insect-like appearance. It has dark, almost metal-like plating covering most of its body, though its throat and the inside of its joints are unprotected. It has an unusual "sag" in the middle of its abdomen where most of its vital organs are kept. The plating covering this area is particularly thick. It's body is not unlike that of a human, though much thinner. Its head is also not unlike that of a human, but with no protruding features. The ears, nose, and eyes are all recessed into the head and visible only in the form of small holes. The mouth extends all the way to the neck and effectively splits the head in two. It has two rows of razor sharp teeth. It has several large fins protruding from its back and limbs, used for balance when swimming and jumping. These fins can be adjusted to provide optimum lift and can be partially retracted when not in use. Its forefeet can be used as hands, though are generally walked on.

Abilities: Its limbs are powerful enough to propel it through the air over the length of an American football field. It has fins which allow for a primitive form of gliding, giving it a great deal of distance and speed.
In combat it will bite, claw, and use it's arm and leg fins as sword-like weapons.
It's fore-feet are agile enough to effectively wield weapons, though this is rarely done.
Its natural armor is strong enough to shrug off all but the most direct shot from most standard-calibre ammunition. It's only weak spot is the front of it's throat, but it must be looking upward for this to be exposed.
It is slightly less intelligent than the average human, but its physical strength, speed, and maneuverability more than make up for it.
It is capable of very fast healing, and capable of regrowing limbs, though this process takes several days.

Background: Hatched on the alien home planet, was in one of the first waves to secure a base. Has survived since.

Tell me if this works.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:25:16 pm by Tahin »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:30:55 pm »

Let's see...

Name: Krikan 14
Species: Xy-Ad
Appearance:

Size: Almost a meter, which is around 30 inch I guess.
Anything interesting about him: Can contact other Xy-Ads with his telepathy, making him very efficient when hunting in teams.
Though he can speak the alien language, he tends to squeeks at a very high register.
Background:
Hatched on Earth, near what is Milan today.
Xy-Ad's fight in teams of twenty, with minimal equipment. As such, they experience heavy casualties.
Krikan 14 however, has been in five such teams, and in two of them he has been the only survivor after battle. It is yet unknown if this is out of skill or out of cowardice. Has been transferred to Hrodna to help defend a new harvesting project in the region and because of the increasing activity of IHU.
Has noteable skill in mortally wounding men.
Special Abilities:
Poisonous fangs attached to his back.
Eyes are adapted to night.
Is considered surprisingly fast.

Also, more background information! FOOD FOR THE LORE BUFFS! :)

WORLD MAP
-----------

Red areas are mostly places where there are still resources or where there is a lack of human resistance ( inland Australia for example, or Arabia, shattered after it's oil reserves depleted ). The IHU has expanded a little, as you can see. Grey areas are mostly complete alien free. The areas around it's borders are mostly contested, or at war.
Japan, as you can see, is the only country not infected nor IHU territory. This is because Japan is the only independent country that was able to completely beat the initial assault. It has made closer bonds with the IHU and mutual help has greatly reduced the threat of aliens along the coast of China, which was one of the strongest infected regions due to the high population levels it could feed on.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 04:47:43 pm by Asheron »

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:07:15 pm »

Name:Ddeisall

Species:Grutnal. A terrifying monster to any human, a Grutnal has the ability to tear a man in half and eat it. Mostly used to do grunt work around the hives, such as moving boulders and grinding up trees with it's saw-like arms, they can be used as a first wave of attack against humans due to their strength and durability against any type of damage.

Appearance: A smaller than average Grutnal, Ddeisal stands about 2.5 meters from the ground. Ddeisal is a one-of-a-kind Grutnal, because his arms do not have the distinctive jagged shards on them, but have an implant that allows him to release a boiling hot charge of what seems like metal, but is really an alien bacteria that works like napalm, burning the flesh and causing massive pain. But the removal of the shards does not make him weak, it actually allows him more freedom to hold things like guns and melee weapons.

Size: 7-8 feet tall.

Anything interesting about him: He is a mostly elite solider for the Hives he is working near/on.

Background: Uhh... let me finish this one up later, since it's mostly lore fluff anyways.

Special abilities: Will fill out when special abilities are done

Anything else you would like: Don't get him chainsawed in half, please?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:44:49 pm by Torak »
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 10:19:10 pm »

Huh, fascinating

( Full ) Name : He-Who-Cracks-The-Sky Zatz Ko
Species : Err, Lemmie get back to this.
Appearance  : When you first see one of these creatures, it appears as only a mound of grass a couple yards long long and a half-yard wide. However, when you get near it you will find it's real form resembles a mole with several short limbs on it's underbelly. It's hair is mostly thick and gnarly, except for the grass-like hairs on it's back that actually can create food from sunlight. It's limbs have large powerful claws that can go through dirt like razor blades on the face of a bow who first starts shaving.
 Again, it's face looks like a mole. Long snout, with a strong sense of smell makes up most of it's face. The eyes are fully functional, but can be covered with a thick fold of skin for digging. The other end looks nothing like a mole. It can best be described as a thick tail, fleshy and containing few vital organs. Heck, all of the vitals are in the first third of the creature. Right behind these organs is a pair of hind legs with no claws on them. Just long feet, and strong haunches underneath the belly rather than on the sides.
Size : A couple yards long(Lets, see, a little less then three meters), a half-yard wide(Little less than a half-meter wide), and is a yard high at it's highest point, just cresting around the front.
Anything interesting about him : Well, I guess this is explained in the abilities section. However, while most sub-terranian races have dark vision, this guy has no such thing. He doesn't need it. Vibrations, electric fields, anything but light can be used to detect others. Also, his race suffers from kleptomania and will bury whatever they find in their stashes. Also, direct-energy weapons and generally large electronic currents/fields will "blind" these creatures. Power lines and generators will create "Fences" these guys cannot pass.
Background  : He was born on Earth as a relatively new species based upon Knifefishes, moles and the ground itself. This was only after most of the planet was infected, and thus he is a very young at the age of 48. He, like the rest of his race, has a bad case of kleptomania. His stash consists of whatever he snatches from the fields of old battles, weather enemy equipment or allied equipment.
Special abilities : Using most of his body as an efficient battery, he can discharge a powerful shock to anything within ten feet of himself. He can also detect anything using electric fields using one of his own. This means if you are a living object with a nervous system, you can be detected.
 Despite how mole-like he is, he can hop short distances fast enough to find a new hiding-spot. However, anything longer than a minute of this is impossible. Finally, he can generate food from the grass-like blades on his back. In a sense, he is like an electric mole-plant.
Anything else you would like : Well, the charge and claws are rarely lethal. These guys are thieves, not fighters. They will stun hostiles and bury their equipment. Most weapons don't fit them, and even if adapted for them they won't be used. If they feel threatened, they will either dig fully underground or emit a particularly powerful charge. Of course, over-exertion is rare as this is a lazy race.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:14:40 pm »

Name : Dara'h 'keh T'eelosm'an

Species: The'los-Kah'ren

Appearance: Members of the The'los are bipedal humanoids, their forearms house retractable spikes, they also have a variable amount of fingers (which is caused by the environment of the planet they were born on.), this particular species has four fingers and a thumb. They have elongated heads with four mandibles, and human-sized eyes, this specimen has silver irises (which indicate which abilities it has.), it's legs have three joints and are positioned 'backwards' as the humans call them, as a result they can jump very high and run very fast (up to 223KMpH), which is also why there are several scales on it's back which it extends to create drag, and as a result they also have extremely fast reflexes and response times. They can also lift a ton. They have a heart (I mean both, they have the organ and they can also feel mercy, regret.), which allows them to 'befriend' captured enemies and get information from them (lol, LCS reference). They also have a full range of 'human' emotions. Their senses are highly developed, as they can see in the human visible spectrum, IR spectrum and the UV spectrum, they can also see well in night time, and as a result of this, they are also easily irritated, forcing them to wear some form of eye protection. They also frequently wear powered armor tailored to thier ablilities. They also reproduce sexually

Size: 8ft, they can hunch their backs to compress themselves to 6ft.

Anything Interesting: I seem to prefer controlling human females. My silver irises indicate that if I want to, I can paralyze organisms with my forearm spikes.

Background: I was born on the planet the humans call Earth, I do not know why we have to kill them, they seem so innocent, maybe it was just an accident. I don't know, but I have to do my duty. I am 56, around 24 in human years. I am male, my mother is Sara (yes I know, she has a human name) mek'h Te'raasl'oos. My father is Re'vaan 'ker Th'emaas'on, I am one of the few hatched here, I love this planet, not as hot as Ker'ah IV, or not as cold as Tema's II. I wonder how long this will last.

Special abilities: I can use my tounge to inject an organism that allows me to take complete control of the target, and after some time, allows me to mutate them (they still look human, as this is the only [hostile] species left on this planet. I wonder what happened), or to undo the mutations, however each controlled organism drains my energy, so I will limit myself to three, I can also make myself invisible, however that saps my energy more than just controlling someone, it drains more if I am wearing my armor. As a result, I can only be invisible for up to ten seconds.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 09:36:24 am by Bien »

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 02:35:38 am »

Placeholder post. I'm SO in.

Name: Egriega Krat-kanxt

Species: Kreluian

Appearance: Leafy, shrub-like appearance. Body is made up of what appear to be leaves, branches and vines. Long, tangled woven vines hang at it's sides, acting as grasping limbs. They are strong, and are often used to strangle its foes. Insectoid, multi-faced eyes. It doesn't have feet, it seems to scuttle along the ground, much like a centipede does. If it were to pull its vines into its leafy body and scrunch down, it would look just like a bush.

Size: 3ft Cubed, but can look 2-4 feet depending on how it spreads it's body.

Background: Hides in trees and waits for humans to walk by, then grabs them, strangles, and desectrates the corpses. It feeds from exposure to the sun, like plants do, so it has no need for regular food. A throughtly sadistic being, it doesn't respect animal life but adores plant life. Believes that humans and animals destroy plants, and the less there are of them, the better. Has a garden it keeps as a hobby.

Special Abilities: More powerful in sunlight, less in shade. Stores energy so it can still act at night. Natural camoflage from plant-like appearance. Eyes see 230 degrees. Quick regrowth of body in sunlight. Can absorb plants to act as nutrients, augment his powers (poisonous mushrooms FTW) or to patch up his wounds. Most of body can be destroyed without the creature dying, as his central nervous system is spread throughout the body. Vine limbs are tough and multilayered, making them hard to cut through and strong. Body structure makes it susceptible to fire, but bullets do minimal damage.

If the special abilities are too much, tell me. I think they are relitively balanced, seeing how a few make it weaker in some situations.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:59:21 am by Fualkner »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 08:07:35 am »

Good to see there is some interest. So, we have 7 aliens already. There's still room for a few, but I won't wait to start the story.
First, let me make some pictures of your aliens...

He-Who-Cracks-The-Sky Zatz Ko

Dara'h 'keh T'eelosm'an

Egriega Krat-kanxt

Tkahn Jhrasss

This is what I have so far. I'm making these creatures with the spore creature creator, which has some limitations, so I can't exactly replicate your aliens. This is just a help for me to remind all your characters.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:26:32 am by Asheron »

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 09:40:53 am »

I don't mind your pictures but for when you are writing your story, I would like to inform that my alien's head looks like this guy's head

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 09:46:26 am »

That's what I had in mind, but the spore creature creator has a distinct lack of small details to add, which makes it so hard to make it look how you want to.

John Endsley stared bored at one of the many screens in his cockpits. 7.12.
He sighed.
For three hours now, John had been piloting the SCO-12. Lack of sleep and the fact that he couldn't really pilot the SCO had taken a toll on him. Silently, he cursed the scientist who had invented autopilot.
In his old days, pilots actually had to man their planes. Now, you didn't even had to steer. The only thing he did was sitting around and give regular checks to all systems to ensure they would work in combat.
Endsley took another glance at the clock. In three minutes, he would have to check on the connection with their base.
The SCO-12 hovered above Hronda. Its streets were covered in a shroud of darkness. Suddenly, the two light beams installed in the front of the SCO went on.
Different things he would not dare name scuttled away from these two pillars of light. Slowly, they traversed what was left of the city. It was not a pleasant sight.
The scars of the alien attacks on this city had not healed yet. The ground was ripped open in many places, and the piping under them was removed. Carcasses of cars littered the streets. The only metal that had escaped from the alien's determination to strip the city bare of resources laid bent and scattered throughout the city. Many of the houses were reduced to heaps of stone, and many more were completely leveled.
Not even the foundations had escaped the aliens, as the pits around the walls of the houses showed.
He glanced back at the screen. He pushed a few buttons before he spoke in to his headset.
"This is SCO-12 reporting to base. Systems are optimal, ETA has been changed to 1:12. Do you copy me?"
A heavy, male voice answered with a clear Russian accent.
"Dobrye oetra, SCO-12. We copy."
The craft hovered above Hrodna. It sharply contrasted with the firmanent, filled with shining stars.
"Change your route, SCO-12. We've just signaled a new alien scout post along your route. I'm sending through new coordinates."
Different monitors blinked briefly to bring the changes to attention.
"Acknowledged."

Different meters below, though, the shining barrel of a gun raised from its camouflage.

Endsley woke up in panic when different monitors began flashing. Enemy detected?
To his dread, Endsley saw how the barrel of an anti-air gun slowly raised.
He quickly pulled a lever in the cockpit. With a bang, the SCO flew forward as the motor released a pulse of energy.
Different flashes of light interrupted the stars light as the AA gun fired and missed, and as the SCO unluckily crashed in to one of the only appartement blocks left.
Endsley, who had been thrown out of his chair by the crash, quickly got up and opened the door to the corridor behind him.
"ENDSLEY! What the fuck is going on?"
It was Sergei Ivanov, the Captain. His English was surprisingly good, with him speaking with no accent at all, and it seemed he had mastered the art of English swearing as well.
"We've crashed sir. Our scans have missed an AA gun."
"Bloody great. Where are we?"
"Hrodna, Belarus."
"Damnit. Get base to pick us up before the aliens start crawling in."
"Yes sir!"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:26:45 pm by Asheron »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:30:43 pm »

I have started on mine, it is currently a wall of text and now I need to add other details.
Eh?
Eh!

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 09:14:51 pm »

Oh man, an urban map? Are you trying to kill me right away? Are there any trees around?

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »

I'd guess that there are still potted plants, hanging plants, and gardens.
Pages: [1] 2 3