Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death  (Read 9258 times)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The RPG Forum Game; Dropped in Death
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 12:25:08 am »

So uh... when are we going to get to some actual... action?

DreaDFanG

• Bay Watcher
  • Hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 06:22:08 am »

Can I join or too late?

Mine if not too late...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Smash me and I shall rise again, but not make stupid threads that get me muted.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 07:02:02 am »

*Incoming transmit to local forces*
Human SCO has crashed near Hrodna. Life scans indicate all of the seven commandos are alive. Request immediate elimination.
Warning, human subjects are very dangerous.
*End transmit*

Krikan 14 woke up from his life cell, deep underground.
As he jumped out, he was greeted by the sound of his brothers, who had already woken up. A symphony of squeeks filled the rooms as the Xy-Ads negiotated on what to do.
One of the larger Xy-Ad's around, Krikan 32, suddenly stopped the squeeking as he roared to silence the others.
"The high overlord has given command. Krikan 7 has the most experience of us all, and thus, is automatically our horde leader. We listen to him."
The Xy-Ads turned towards Krikan 7, who had been pushed in a corner. He was a particular small Xy-Ad, but was famed for his absolutely vicious fangs.
"Alright. We go up and surround the dropship."
The Xy-Ads scattered as they went to gather their equipment. Krikan 14 decided to only equip some light body armour.
Sturdy enough to keep shrapnel away, but too weak to stop any direct shots. 
Krikan 7 hurried himself to the main elevator, the only elevator who would bring them directly to the surface. After several minutes of waiting, the last of the Xy-Ads entered the elevator. Its door closed slowly.
A darkness filled the room as the elevator violently began to rise.

He-Who-Cracks-The-Sky Zatz Ko moaned as a bright flash of light filled the sky. He had been following the SCO he had noticed when he was searching for things in this desolate city to bury. For a few seconds, he felt a burning sting in his eyes as the ship above him pulsed forward and letted out a shockwave of energy.
He-Who-Cracks-The-Sky turned his snout down towards the dark earth beneath him.
He waited a few seconds for his eyes to recover.
The SCO had been the only interesting thing in this desolate place for weeks. He was bored to hell. Why didn't anything happen here!
Zats Ko was about to turn around, when suddenly something close to him suddenly released a shot. A projectile spinned towards where the SCO used to be, and blew up at its destination.
Slightly staggered by this, he cautiously neared, what he assumed, was the source of the projectile. It took him splitseconds to find it, as it had an aura of energy around it. Curious, he sniffed it. Clearly, it was some sort of an AA gun, but he had never seen its type before. Suddenly, something in its camouflage moved.

Dreadfang: I'm not sure yet. I might get you in somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:17:51 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »

Sorry about not finishing earlier(family....) but I have finally finished the last bit.
Eh?
Eh!

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 05:17:18 am »

It's good, I want more! And when can you add my alien's part in?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 05:53:28 am »

Egriega woke up violently from his slumber. What had awakened him?
It took him a few moments to realise where he was and, more importantly, why he was sitting on this gun...
He vaguely remembered an argument with some, apparently, higher placed kinsmen.
The same day, he heard he was degraded to a living camouflage of some abandoned AA gun.
He growled. That probably meant he had lost any chance to strangle something for quite some time. For now, he was reduced in a potted plant. Blasted living things.
He awoke out of his thoughts as he felt something poking the camouflage net.
Egriega opened his eyes.
He had never seen an alien like that one before; some sort of a crawling heap of flesh stared at him, intrigued and surprised.
He had to keep himself from stretching out his vines and strangling him, but as he noticed the grassy plants growing from its back, he knew this was a brother-in-arms, a plant, just like him! Someone to keep him company?
Egriega hopped from the camouflage net, landing just in front of the newcomer. The newcomer himself backed away a few steps.
"Do not worry, fellow plant. I am a friend of yours."
"Plant?"
The newcomer sniffed in disagreement.
"Well, a sentient plant. But a plant nonetheless. I greet you. You have no idea how boring it is out here."
"You think I don't know that? I have been searching this city for weeks, and nothing has happened here at all. At all.
However, a human craft did just pass. And the very AA gun you are sitting on chased it away."
"That's hardly my fault. I am just a lowly camouflage critter." he proclaimed.
"Not that I've been that all my life, you know." he quickly added when he saw the amused face of the newcomer.
"Camouflage? Someone high got pissed at you?"
"Its a long story. Anyway, what's your name?"
"He-Who-Cracks-The-Sky Zatz Ko."
"That's a strange name. It reminds me of a friend I had... anyway, mine's Egriega Krat-kanxt. Would you care staying here and keep me company? I'm bored to death."
Zatz nodded.
"So am I."
But then, one of the many rusty screens on the AA gun began to flash.
"What's that?" Zatz asked.
Egriega shrugged. "I don't know, it has never happened before."
The two neared the screen.
*Incoming transmit to local forces*
Human SCO has crashed near Hrodna. Life scans indicate all of the seven commandos are alive. Request immediate elimination.
Warning, human subjects are very dangerous.
*End transmit*
Zatz looked at Egriega meaningful.
They both nodded.

Bien: After this part.
Qwertyuiopas: Good. You'll come after Bien.
To all characters: I am probably going to some of what group you, as you could notice already, Zatz and Egriega are the "plant team". This is just to make the story go smoother. If you dislike your teammate, feel free to say so.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:15:56 am by Asheron »

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 04:33:25 am »

And a quick addition, my character gardens in his free time

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 05:11:51 am »

Alright. Good addition. I might be able to do something with that.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 11:29:45 am »

;D I'm camoflage! Lovely story so far.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »

Dara'h 'keh T'eelosm'an barely noticed the crash.
His many years of service had made him hardened and experienced. In that time, he had became somewhat attached to earth. However, he knew he walked upon an earth that was as scarred as it's moon.
He had seen little more then ruins and dust.
Never before had he seen actual earth plants, other then the weeds that overgrew the most oldest of cities. And now, he walked through a garden of the most exquisite and exotic plants he had ever seen.
Dara'h 'keh had been patrolling around the city for weeks now, along with a team of soldiers. Silently, they had gone through every building, except this one.
On this cold morning, he had stumbled in what seemed to be an improvised garden. Small water reservoirs hanged under gaps in the roof, with a system of tubes leading them down to the floor, which was ripped open.
Something had made an irrigation system in a wasteland.
Amazed by the splendor of all this, he examined the plants closely. He could see small, brittle flowers with purple and red petals.
Flowers which looked like a stalk with a head covered in small white fuzzes.
But the pinacle of the garden seemed to be a green plant that was sizeably larger then the others. It had already started to form fruits; small, orangelike balls hanged from it's leafs. Some of the larger fruits had already turned red. For some reason, he liked them.
Since he knew nothing about these flowers, he decided to give them nicknames.
He pondered long and hard over how he should call his favourite plant, the red fruitbearing plants. Since his native language knew little words to describe beauty, he called it "Sharai". The way how his younger brother always said his mother's name.
His slumber in paradise could not continue forever, though.
He suddenly realized how long he had been lingering around this mysterious garden.
Dara'h 'keh quickly printed this place in to his mind and left it to continue his patrol.
When he exited, he looked up to the sky briefly. This was one of his habits when one his patrol. If it hadn't been for this habit, though, he wouldn't have noticed the tail of a SCO hanging from a block of appartements, three human streets up ahead.
He roared in to Xyv gauntlet, which had an incorporated message transmitter.
"SCO crashed in to block of appartements. Patrol is on it's way to investigate."
He ran towards the patrol's meeting place.
His team had not been distracted by any garden, and had noticed, probably witnessed, the SCO long before him. And indeed, as he arrived, the entire team was present and ready.
"We've been waiting for you, boss!" one of them commented.
"I've been... obstructed by something. Has base given orders yet?"
Several members sniffed.
"Any local force is free to engage and eliminate." Shrapnel, his second in command answered.
Noone knew Shrapnel's real name. He was nicknamed Shrapnel after the many pieces of ammo that had left him scarred. It was a miracle some of his wounds had actually healed. Ever since he had nearly lost his eyes, he now carried a very heavy Xyv helmet and mid-class body armour.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:45:18 pm by Asheron »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 06:53:17 pm »

Hmmm is it too late for me?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:26:41 pm by Pnx »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 05:57:40 am »

It is too late to make him a main character. I can still give him a role, if you want to.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 10:30:38 am »

Eh sure.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:32 am »

Hmm...  Any possibility for 'alternates?'  Or would that be asking too much.  THe main reason I ask about an alternate is because I already have one 'alien' species to take care of right now, and don't know if I feel like running another one just yet.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 05:28:50 am »

Hmm...  Any possibility for 'alternates?'  Or would that be asking too much.  THe main reason I ask about an alternate is because I already have one 'alien' species to take care of right now, and don't know if I feel like running another one just yet.
Uhm... rather not. I'm quite busy running nine species already. If you really really really really really really really really really really really really want to, sure.

Pages: 1 [2] 3