Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.  (Read 28720 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game.
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2008, 10:23:39 pm »

[OOC:  +3 tool making, +3 construction (ropes and such with vines), +1 electromanipulation, +1 language, and +2 tactics.  I'll get to the rest later.]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2008, 09:57:05 am »

Lets see...

The waters have gone. No longer is the surface a place to grow accustomed to the strange water. Even so, the bulls feel it is time to find the source. Time to find what the kadesh have been holding in the center of their domain. Bulls from all the major schools collect on the borders of kadesh territory, the waters humming with the rapid messages of electricity they use.

Suddenly, all humming stops. The attack has begun! The Shrike jet around the bay, any and all life being devoured. Anything that moves except for fellow Shrike get shocked. The move like wolves over the many beaches and corals of the bay.

And yet, they found nothing. No kadesh. This troubles the Shrike. They were expecting a feast, a glorious battle over the bay. Some of the bulls move towards the outlet of the river, observing and studying the strange water. They have spent generations growing accustomed to this water, and find no problem with it other than the current.

Meanwhile, nearly 750 miles away is the southern school of Shrike. Their journey has been slow, focusing more on making a living where they stand than migrating. They start a search for any place where they could live, because moving like this any further could doom them all. Even the mothers and pups are taking active part in the hunts, just to get enough to live on.
 Even in their simple brains, they know that if they stayed there would have been starvation anyway. Some return to near the surface, observing the small layer of freshwater their parents used to grow accustomed to. However, instead of freshwater they found small spores. At first they wre confused. They shocked them, but that didn't cause any movement. It smelled like food, but didn't act like it.
 In their hunger, they decided that it was best to try it out. They would nip at the spores, a megar meal that helped their hunger and supplimented the hunts.

Anyway, no EP investment this time. I'm saving up for a grand evolution, and having them focus more on moving then growing. The southern school should be more of a migration and less of a general growth. The northern tribes are moving into former kadesh waters, a little shocked by the lack of prey. Now just having them grow here before moving up the river.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2008, 12:12:22 pm »

Duke 2.0: So you are you actually moving population this turn? if you are then give me the specific hex-but if your not never mind heh heh...

For all players, here's a Hint: Migrating your whole pop will *probaly* succeed no matter what, but expect some casualties even in the best roll.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2008, 12:49:46 pm »

oh, question. Dwarmin could you maybe hold the next turn off and fix up the maps/population stuff? Maybe even start a new thread on the forums. Cause i like to know where i've expanded and things, I'd be willing to help collate all the turns and info into one new thread if you want?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2008, 01:08:28 pm »

Yeah my thoughts exactly...send me all the info you get in a private message and i'll make the new post.
Do you mind Faulkner?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Fualkner

• Bay Watcher
  • My glasses split light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2008, 10:04:46 pm »

Ha, not at all. In fact, it would be easier for you to do all the updating. Again, I'm sorry for making you all pack up like this, and thank you all for being patient with it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2008, 07:27:40 am »

Hurah! Movement!

Now to have 'em settle. E27 or H28 would be good places, being isolated bays. As for the main population, they are moving into previous Tokay waters.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2008, 03:31:20 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]