Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warning Forever and other similar games  (Read 2599 times)

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warning Forever and other similar games
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:50:56 pm »

I know that this sort of game is about as far away from Dwarf Fortress as it's possible to get, but I'm a huge fan of Warning Forever.  I recently found out how to play it with an XBox 360 controller, making it even better.  Has anybody else here ever enjoyed this evolving boss rush shmup game?

I also discovered Fraxy this weekend.  It's similar, having a better variety of enemies (and an option to create your own) and a nice range of somewhat-upgradable weapons to choose from.

Does anybody know of any similar games besides WF and Fraxy?  I have heard good things about Boss In A Box, but can't get it to work on any of three machines I've tried it with.  I've also tried Protoganda, but it didn't float my boat like WF or Fraxy did.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Warning Forever and other similar games
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 12:51:51 am »

I liked battleships forever, and this uses the same engine, so I'll play it.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:02:28 am »

This talk of forever, reminds me of another game.
Thread derail= Trackmania Nations forever. A great (and free) game, I am not sure if it has anything to do with those other games you are talking about that end in forever.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:36:02 am »

There's also DNForever... :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:07 am »

There was one shooter game that had a ship consisting of a single square (that was the only part that took damage) and a energy barrier or something surrounding it. There was 4 or something different modes, but all of them were only bosses, like in WF.

It is rRootage apparently (a friend remembered it), I have never played it myself but it looked very fun, I think I'll download it now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:04:28 am by LASD »

Floirt

• Bay Watcher
  • OMIGODJCABOMB!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:53:29 am »

Something totally unrelated: No One Lives Forever (preferably the 2).
Quote from: HellMOO
Fat Ratzo [to Floirt]: I got a package here goin' to Roy Poorman, out in the afterworld.  $120 when you make the delivery.  And hurry!
No, not commiting suicide, sorry.   ...Through that money is rather tempting...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 06:20:50 am »

What about Fortress Forever the Team Fortress Classic mod for HL2?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!