Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.39a Released  (Read 39104 times)

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.28.181.39a Released
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2008, 07:27:31 am »

I think the variety of unintended effects here in this release is an amusing and colorful reminder of how important it is to have beta (well, alpha) testing among a diverse group of people, who spend lots of time playing, to enable finding and fixing bugs that were easy enough not to notice being someone focused on programming and otherwise developing the game... someone who therefore has noticeably less time to actually play with it and notice quirks.

Doffeh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:53 am »

For those of us less gifted, how to actually utilize this [NO_SLEEP] command? Do I just whack it into the init somewhere, or what exactly? Seems like it's a must-have at the current moment.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2008, 07:57:33 am »

Go to the raws and slap it in the creature_standard.txt document (not the entity one) in the dwarf section. I shoved it in it's own line, just after the fat value, as that's where it's found on fire imps. It hasn't blown up in my face yet, but I haven't given it too long.

Edit: Oh, and you'll need to restart dwarf fortress, but you won't need to gen a new world.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:59:08 am by Osmosis Jones »
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2008, 08:24:20 am »

Hi!

I have not installed 39b yet, but I noticed some aspects of 39a which seem to have not been mentioned before:

* Dwarves finish brewing jobs!!! That is, even when a brewing job is interrupted, they will not carry away the resources, but actually use those that have already arrived at the still (although items that have not arrived are still ignored).

* I got a warning about merchants needing a depot even though it was there. Despite the warning, the merchants (including wagons) moved over to the depot and I was able to trade with them successfully - a bluff to raise the prices for their goods? (^_^;;

* The error log gets full of path finding errors. Fortunately, these only cause dwarves to dance a little samba during their travels: instead of bee-lining it, sometimes they move back a few squares, then move again in the right direction. Sometimes they repeat this once or twice, but eventually, it works out - even if their destination was just 3 squares away with no obstacles besides a door (not locked) in their path.

Deathworks (heading off to install the b) version )

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2008, 07:16:49 am »

These are the new issues, I have them too. They're left in b.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]