Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9371 times)

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
39c's bugs list.
« on: July 14, 2008, 02:11:23 pm »

Well, it could be nice for Toady to sum up all the new version's bugs in one topic.

So...

=== Fortress mode ===

- Dwarf move finished goods to a leather stockpile.
- Cooks are able to create "roast of nothing" : Meals with no ingredient.
- Various priority problems (Health care, hauling to depot, harvesting etc...)
- Pathfinding problems.

= Fortress mode fixed bugs =

- Infinite sleep.
- Hauling labors (and health care) removed.
- "S" for "Peasant" in the Stats screen.
- No fish on embark screen.
- When merchants arrive the message : "The merchants need a trade depot to unload their goods" appears, even when a depot is available (and accessible).
- Pathfinding problems.

=== Adventurer mode ===

- "Guard has regained consciousness" spam

= Adventurer mode fixed bugs =

- No entrance to the caves.
- Unable to travelbecause "Somebody is able to see you", even when it's a friend.
- Talking to unconscious people.

=== Legends mode ===

- Repetitions. [To confirm]
- Megabeasts not being properly labeled as dead in some cases.
- Some events are accessible even when "show all events" is off.

= Legends mode fixed bugs =

- Children of Unknown Creatures :  Many creatures are born from unknown creatures as the mother, father, or in some cases both.  "Nebo Commonmongers was a  human born in 89. She was the  child of an unknown creature and an unknown creature."  Also take note of the extra spaces before "human" and "child". Could be related to historical figures culling.

=== World / World Gen ===

- Snow under the ocean.
- Wacky bridge
- Strange diplomacy : Goblins and Dwarves tend to live in peace in every world, and elves and humans seems to fight everytime.
- A named creature outside of it's biome : Specifically, a Giant Desert Scorpion in a forest.
- Megabeasts seem too weak to do anything. I don't know if it's hard-coded but even with DAMBLOCK:50 they barely live to year 400. Longest age of any megabeast I've seen is about 600 years.
-> Megabeast are unbalanced : There's many Giant, and dragons etc.. are still too weak.
- Ramps apparently not being placed along the road : There's a patch of ramps in stone, and then the terrain shifts, and it's grassy slopes, offset enough that wagons would be unable to pass. [Probably fixed]
- Shift+N doesn't randomize world name after remaking [Probably fixed]
- Tunnel stairway broken by tunnel 'spiral ramp' [Probably fixed]
- Elf Reproduction Rates. [Maybe not a bug]
- Even if starting Civs are set to 100, DF will only create up to 31 civilizations.
- Setting Minimum Volcanism to maximum (100) seems to cause a reliable crash.

= World / World Gen fixed bugs =

- Drunk Animals : Cougar Drunks and Alligator Drunks have been reported.
- Roads only make bridges across rivers. They don't do anything when confronted by ponds. Most roads are just split up and completely separated by the ponds.
- Food is going rotten too fast.
- Deity's name broken.
- No rulers for humans in region history output.  This may not be a bug, but a side effect of the way humans are governed. [Not a bug]
- Identical cave names

=== Interface / General crashes ===

- In the controls export to text field, both the primary and secondary selectors are listed as secondary.

= Interface / General crashes fixed bugs =

- When attempting to design a world with parameters : Can't use space or anything else in the abort screen.

Anything else ?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 05:30:05 am by Timst »

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39a's bugs.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:35 pm »

Repetition in the legends screen, and megabeasts not being properly labeled as dead in some cases.

EDIT: Clearer version Here http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20502.0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:40:49 pm by Anfold »

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 02:15:59 pm »

I went to a place that had the goblin fortress symbol on the main map but it was just a human town with destroyed houses. It must have been destroyed by goblins and left uninhabited. It would be better to have a ruins symbol for uninhabited/destroyed towns.

Zenatrul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 02:24:27 pm »

Although not serious, there is snow covered ground on the ocean floors if it has tundra or a glaciar beside it.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:28:00 pm »

The unconciousness-spam is either:
-Part of the sleeping bug
-Normal behavior caused by wounds
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 02:29:58 pm »

wars = wounded

g1real

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 02:33:04 pm »

World gen ending as soon as it passes the Megabeast Percentage year in custom world gen instead of the End Year

Deathbane

• Bay Watcher
  • Unus volatilis angelus, aeria gloriis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 02:34:36 pm »

possible cannibal elves
Creator of the Chaos Reigns and Age of Heroes modifications.

Developer of the Adventurer Roleplaying game system, assistance required!

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46859.0

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 02:36:45 pm »

Yeah, but this unconciousness-spam only affect guard, and even if it's normal, it's boring (and cause lag).

Edit : Nevermind, it happen to other people too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:50:03 pm by Timst »

ein Syndication

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:45:39 pm »

The unconsciousness spam should be the sleeping bug. If you look, when your dwarves go to sleep, they're unconscious. The guards don't have to eat, so they can't starve. Not sure what makes them regain consciousness, though. The world not passing megabeast percentage year is technically working fine, it's just 95% or so of the megabeasts die within the first 100 years so it always triggers.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 02:46:57 pm »

I too was compiling a list for Toady.  You've got most of the stuff I've got, but here's some more:

Legends Mode:
--  Children of Unknown Creatures.  Many creatures are born from unknown creatures as the mother, father, or in some cases both.  "Nebo Commonmongers was a  human born in 89. She was the  child of an unknown creature and an unknown creature."  Also take note of the extra spaces before "human" and "child".

World/Worldgen:
--  Drunk Animals - Cougar Drunks and Alligator Drunks have been reported.
--  Named trees - May just be a new feature of elven towns.  Reported because they were found in a human forest retreat, probably caused by a take-over.
--  No rulers for humans in region history output.  This may not be a bug, but a side effect of the way humans are governed.
--  Occasional non-repeating World Gen crashes.  For the same world, it crashed twice during world generation ("Impoverished Word Selector" and "The Invinite World, region1: Not enough high altitudes after shift up" are examples of the errors being generated).  On the third attempt, however, it worked fine.  World gen parameters can be found here.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 02:48:10 pm »

Thanks, I'm adding them.

Edit : Named trees is an old feature of Elven forests :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 02:52:43 pm by Timst »

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:57:41 pm »

Royal PITA I know, but would you consider putting a link (or links) below each bug to the topic talking about that bug?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 03:03:43 pm »

--  Children of Unknown Creatures.  Many creatures are born from unknown creatures as the mother, father, or in some cases both.  "Nebo Commonmongers was a  human born in 89. She was the  child of an unknown creature and an unknown creature."  Also take note of the extra spaces before "human" and "child".
This is caused by the history culling, unknown creatures are unimportant hist figs.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 03:05:15 pm »

Hi!

Just passing through:

The world generation abortion when the mega beast percentage is hit seems to be deliberate. However, you can set the percentage (or the year, not sure which) to "-1" which will cause it to be ignored. So that in itself does not seem to be a bug (I guess Toady wanted to ensure that we have something to fight for adventure mode :) ).

However, I have found megabeasts to be really fragile during world generation. Even when going with 90%, they regularly die out around 300 (just for fun, I once had a game start 2008 and monster check start 1500; sure enough, generation stopped at 1500 (^_^;; ) So, I think there is a balance problem with megabeasts during world generation.

I also can't find the health care job in the dwarves' labour lists. Don't tell me they have given up on that idea (T_T)

Deathworks (waiting for a chance to play fortress mode with all the new goodies)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9