Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9373 times)

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
Re: 39c's bugs list.
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2008, 02:49:32 pm »

Hi!

Sorry about the double post, but here is another bug I believe to have confirmed now:

World Generation:

Even if starting Civs are set to 100, DF will only create up to 31 civilizations.

Deathworks

There's an entity tag "MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER" you can mess with...  it's sort of a hold-over, and I've set them all to 100 in the next version raws.  It should really be moved over into the world gen params now.

I'm curious. How the civ count is handled for each race? Because I though the function of the MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER was precisely to give to limit powerful races but it seems it will no longer be the case.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2008, 08:44:18 pm »

I noticed that engraving explanations no longer appear in Fortress Mode.

That's an init.txt setting.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2008, 10:56:39 pm »

The max starting civ number doesn't scale with world size, so it's not effective.  There isn't really a method of doing this now, unless you want to set max starting civ number for your favorite size.  It cycles through the available entity definitions (in random order, starting with a playable one if you requested it) and places them if it finds a spot, unless they've hit the max starting civ cap.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

sq2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2008, 11:15:03 pm »

Hi!
Sq2:
I am not 100% sure, but I think that is a design decision. What you experienced is a regular siege where the siegers only become visible when spotted. I think it was mentioned somewhere else before.
Deathworks

ok sorry, just thought it was a bug, you know siege+ambush...
anyway i will have to wait for the next siege to see, apologies again...
cattentomus, "channelshove" a golden crossbow:
worth: 144000$ components: gold, gold and gold... hmmm

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2008, 11:49:41 pm »

First, in the controls export to text field, both the primary and secondary selectors are listed as secondary.

I can't figure out what "in the controls export to text field" means.  What does this mean?

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2008, 04:32:46 am »

First, in the controls export to text field, both the primary and secondary selectors are listed as secondary.

I can't figure out what "in the controls export to text field" means.  What does this mean?

I think he means when you are exporting key bindings from the menu.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2008, 04:42:08 am »

With the "move selector up" etc. and "move secondary selector up" etc.?  I'm not seeing a problem with the text for those.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2008, 12:14:44 pm »

I would add also performance problems to the list. It happens usually on maps with very high mountains and flowing water. And they seem specific to version 39.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20902.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=21060.0

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2008, 12:31:44 pm »

Not sure if it has been reported but I painted a 257 X 257 world as a giant crater (Elevation 1 in the exact center and the gradually increasing outward to 400 at the very edges) and every time I tried to generate the world using that elevation scheme, the game would receive an illegal operation error.
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2008, 01:00:32 am »

I've fixed a few world gen param crashes, but nothing related to that specifically.  If you email me the world_param file with the elevation presets (in data/init), I can test it out.  toadyone@bay12games.com

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2008, 01:33:45 am »

The max starting civ number doesn't scale with world size, so it's not effective.  There isn't really a method of doing this now, unless you want to set max starting civ number for your favorite size.  It cycles through the available entity definitions (in random order, starting with a playable one if you requested it) and places them if it finds a spot, unless they've hit the max starting civ cap.

You could add to the civs raws a parameter which sets the civ frequencies instead of max counts. Just like you handle the other frequencies in worldgen. It will not guarantee that a particular civ will appear at all but hey, tough luck. The first civs placed would have to be playable ones though to insure that they appear.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2008, 03:01:40 am »

I didn't wanna make a new thread, in case this has already been discussed somewhere else. Very hard thing to search for. Anyway, the point of this post: despite embarking in an isolated area (a tile bordering a lake deep inside a mountain range, with no access to humans, elves, or goblins on the embark screen) I find myself set upon by skulking goblin baby snatchers. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, as I usually play with invasions off. The whole reason I embarked way out in this wilderness was to avoid all but the occasional megabeast, if that still happens.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

d64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2008, 08:10:08 am »

I didn't see this reported recently, but it seems in adv mode while travelling on the tactical map (big mountain range to cross), you will easily become hungry or even starving, but you can still be too full to eat food when you try to. Perhaps related to having drunk rainwater some time ago.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]