Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9412 times)

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
Re: 39a's bugs.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2008, 06:03:59 pm »

I noticed in a medium world (through legends) that expansion seemed to stop in the 500's.  From then to 1050 land claims remained the same.

20,000leeks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 07:54:44 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but...

My foray into dwarf mode went pretty well, apart from the fact that before they all went into the Sleep of Doom, they'd apparently managed to eat essentially all the meat I'd brought with me (which was 100+). I've heard elsewhere that food is going rotten at a much faster rate in this version, which may be the cause, but all the barrels in my food store were empty, rather than containing rotted food. Anyone else experienced this?

Davion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 08:00:45 pm »

When attempting to design a world with parameters: if you decide to enter a title or custom name and hit ESC while editing it'll bring up the "Are you sure you want to abort?" screen, the problem is you can't hit the space bar to abort, you can only choose 'y', which doesn't save your settings and takes you back to the menu. If you attempt to press anything other than 'y' it locks you out.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 08:04:33 pm »

Another weird thing, generated a standard world, shows that Goblins are at War on the embark screen... so I embark on the only goblin tower on the world... and everyone is friendly.

I had this happen too.

Due to the new capture system, you'll get some fortress-swapping between races. That goblin tower was propably captured by humans or elves or dwarves.

I expect later on you'll embark to a human town, and find yourself slaughtered by goblins.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 08:05:49 pm »

I can't get any custom tilesets to work. The screen just goes black when I open DF.

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 08:44:10 pm »

My foray into dwarf mode went pretty well, apart from the fact that before they all went into the Sleep of Doom, they'd apparently managed to eat essentially all the meat I'd brought with me (which was 100+). I've heard elsewhere that food is going rotten at a much faster rate in this version, which may be the cause, but all the barrels in my food store were empty, rather than containing rotted food. Anyone else experienced this?
The meat that the dwarven caravan came with in the new world I started with this version degraded to the point of ceasing to exist before the caravan even left. While it was still their property.
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 09:03:10 pm »

I can't get any custom tilesets to work. The screen just goes black when I open DF.

They're working fine for me.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:47 am »

Updated.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
Re: 39a's bugs list.
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2008, 03:47:20 am »

In adventure mode, in one of the towns, I couldn't trade currency with one of the shop owners. The local currency (which worked in the other shops) was listed in my inventory, as though it were foreign.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2008, 04:52:46 am »

Was the shopkeeper a former slave or something ? (ie, an elf, goblin, dwarf.. ?)

dwarfed one

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2008, 05:17:40 am »

In Adventure mode I found too much of loot around 7-years Leopard who killed one man. There were bracelets, rings and other trinkets made of human, elf and goblin bones. Most surprising is a lot of fresh meat lying around (animal and fish). It should be changed to bones and some XX weapons, clothes and armor.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2008, 06:05:03 am »

In Adventure mode I found too much of loot around 7-years Leopard who killed one man. There were bracelets, rings and other trinkets made of human, elf and goblin bones. Most surprising is a lot of fresh meat lying around (animal and fish). It should be changed to bones and some XX weapons, clothes and armor.

I'm pretty sure you found a 'cave'. The trinkets and meat were probably stolen by some (semi)megabeast from a nearby town and wound up on the surface since the new version doesn't make cave entrances.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:33 am »

Letting a fortress crumble, then immediately trying to start a new fort in the same world, causes the program to crash at embark when you confirm the site.  Restarting the program works fine.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but it's happened to me once so far.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2008, 06:32:23 am »

Yeah...I started up a game and made a few stockpiles to empty out the wagon, then set about making a smelter and forge so I could create an axe and a couple of picks. When I saw an empty barrel being placed on the furniture stockpile that the anvil had previously occupied, I was wondering what the hell was going on, as it was too early for the dwarves to have started eating anything; had a poke around and all the barrels in my food stockpile were empty, save for the booze.
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2008, 06:40:49 am »

The quick rot is annoying in adventure mode, since ALL the food you can buy is meat.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9