Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9576 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2008, 02:14:58 pm »

Stone detailing does both smoothing and engraving.  The designation menu decides whether the stone will be smoothed or detailed.   :)
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2008, 02:19:32 pm »

Oh... hem, yes, sorry :p

But something is still missing, no ? It should be on page 2, because I don't remember "woodcrafting" at the bottom of the list.

Edit : But there still may be an issue, because in the embark screen I set my dwarf to proficient level in engaving, and it doesn't appear in the "skill screen" of the dwarf.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:21:19 pm by Timst »

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2008, 02:30:24 pm »

What does the second screen of the 'p'->'l' list look like?  It might be one of those jobs that's missing, because what's posted looks completely normal.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2008, 02:40:00 pm »

Here's the 2nd screen.

The furnace and blacksmith jobs seems ok, I think the missing job was one of those useless ones (like "lye making" or "soap making"), but I can't figure out wich exactly.

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2008, 02:46:55 pm »

The missing job is "Alchemy", which never had a use, afaik.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2008, 02:51:59 pm »

Yeah, so it's not a problem.

And also, the proficient engraver where y mason, not my miner (rather bad idea, I wonder why I've done such a thing), so there's no issue.

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2008, 03:26:13 pm »

I knew something was missing in the labors list but I can figure out what... now I get it : The engraving job is missing.

Anyone can confirm ? It happen both in my 38c and in my 39b generated world.
Uhm...what? Stone Detailing is right there.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2008, 03:59:48 pm »

Yeah, I don't know why but I remembered an "Engraving" labor, but yes, it's stone detailling.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2008, 05:41:49 pm »

I noticed that my roast-of-nothingness bug didn't make it onto the list, so I thought I'd point it out again.

My best guess is that it relates to quarry bush leaves. My cook has four bags of leaves that he seems to be trying to use for food-making, without any other items. From what I can tell, the bags never lose their leaves, and the roasts he creates are high quality, except for how they have no ingredients and, therefore, never get eaten.

slackingest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2008, 06:54:27 pm »

Two things:

First, in the controls export to text field, both the primary and secondary selectors are listed as secondary.

Second, I've got a set of dwarves trying to access a lever who fail to do so over and over. The job switches back and forth between different idle dwarves. Here's a save: https://udrive.oit.umass.edu/mgarber/df/world.sav

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2008, 07:20:41 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20785.0

Not worth noting in full unless someone else can confirm, but I had a dwarf that insisted on taking a break after every load to the trade depot.

After I loaded it back up, he was a little better, but still went to the zoo a lot.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2008, 02:39:42 am »

I add them, along with the various priority issues.

Edit : Also, try to stay general... I'd like to list only the bigger issues, who happens for more than 1 person (the rest of the subforum is there for minor and non-reproducible bugs).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:46:23 am by Timst »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2008, 03:42:23 am »

I don't know if they're bugs or not, but the game does not count megabeasts that are part of civs as megabeasts for worldgen purposes, and it does not count creatures that populate the chasms when outputting the population lists.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2008, 05:04:17 am »

I set my computer aside for several hours and created a 10000 year, standard size world with historical figures culling on. One bug I'm sure of, another that may just be chance or a mechanic to keep the game alive:

1. My region has no name. The list simply says " , Folder: region3"

2. According to my Legends menu, there has not been a conflict (or any event other than new leadership arising within groups) since 1309, at the end of a 726-year war. No assaults/duels/sieges/cities destroyed for 8691 years? I'm guessing it might be related to keeping the game playable (so that not all the elven, dwarven or human factions are wiped out). There are two small dwarven nations left, one large elvish nation, and many humans, but none of them seems to want to fight anymore. Has anyone else created a longer history and noticed things become a bit dull?

Edit: I checked Historical figures, as well, to see if there was some siege or war going on that didn't make it into the Age of Legends entries. The only notables who are dying violent deaths in the last 50 years have been animals attacking people and then being hunted down.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:09:25 am by knowbuddyuno »

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2008, 05:25:45 am »

[edit] I didn't read the last page of results and so responded to the stone detailing thing.  Whoops.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9