Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9640 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2008, 06:35:50 pm »

Okay, one more thing, the merchants' speed is way, way too fast. I mean, like, whoa. I was at about 25 FPS when they showed up, and the wagons zipped over to my fortress faster than I've seen anything in DF move, on top of each other all the way there.

Hawke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2008, 06:39:48 pm »

The bugs (One, possibly two) that I have experienced I outlined here:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20687.0 No health care for wounded dwarf.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=20688.0 Missing save files.

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:01 pm »

There appears to be some aberrant pathing causing what borders on collisions. The end result are dropped items and various strange activities. All of it seems to CHOMP CPU time and affect efficiency massively.

slackingest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2008, 08:26:32 pm »

Am I the only one who is seeing a drastic drop in fps, even with all the usual suspects disabled?

EDIT: this was a z level issue, should've checked that first.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:30:53 pm by slackingest »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:05 pm »

Might as well include that Elves get too high member numbers as a bug since their populations use up at least half of the world population and increasingly so the longer the map lasts.

So put "Elf Reproduction Rates (Maybe not a bug)" in there

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2008, 03:54:16 am »

Updated.

Hmm, this list is beginning to be huge. It'll be great to confirm bugs, so it won't be filled with non-reproducing bugs who only happen for 1 guy.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2008, 04:28:19 am »

Hi!

Well, I think there are one or two things that could be ignored. Like for instance the missing plural 's' for animals on the embark screen. It is not as if there weren't any serious problems (like the pathfinding problem which seems to cripple the game for some people really badly - for me just a nuissance at the moment).

Candidates for checking/deletion:

No fish on embark screen - it may be that there are some mechanisms concerning the embark screen limiting available goods. Let's put it that way, in my 39b fortress, I could not add any goods to the list except for food stuff - no ropes, no nothing. So, this may be a feature. Therefore, I suggest people check for this particular bug whether it is such or not.

Merchants are too fast - okay, this may be a bug, but I personally can't confirm it (merchants in 39a seemed okay to me, 39b is currently not checked). However, it does not sound like a game crippling or even annoying bug. So it would be worthwhile getting better confirmation.

Destroyed town during world gen not described as ruins - does that really cause a problem in the game? I am wondering because it sounds like an interface problem and the interface and stuff will be overhauled eventually anyway.

World gen ending as soon as it passes the Megabeast Percentage year rather than End year - this is not a bug although the behavior is twisted by the balance issue already noted elsewhere in the list

Cannibal elves - this is not a bug but a design decision

Beds next to the entrance in human houses - not really a bug to begin with, this was commented on by Toady and is simply a flavor question he is not currently concerned with

Gray "fog of war" - not reproducable, not even on the original poster's machine. So, it may be a somewhat unrelated glitch

Animals on embark screen don't use plural form - this is just a superficial interface problem. The correct number of animals will still be there when you start your fortress, so this has no effect on the game at all. This is cosmetics, so it is just clogging the list.

At least, that is the way I see things. You may also consider moving the fixed bugs into a separate list to make things a bit clearer.

Deathworks

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2008, 05:01:14 am »

Cannibal elves

Wasn't this featured in TreeToe's latest story?  If that's the case, Deathworks is definitely right
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2008, 06:51:16 am »

Ok, thanks Deathworks :)

So... I wait that someone check the no fish on embark screen and the fast merchant bugs, and I remove the other issues. I'll move the fixed bugs in another list, also.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:55:14 am by Timst »

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2008, 08:17:36 am »

Maybe another bug, but whenever merchants arrive the message: 'The merchants need a trade depot to unload their goods' appears every time yet I have a depot which they have access to.

I'm getting this too... It's extrememly minor, but also prolly an easy fix

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2008, 08:32:33 am »

I've got it too.

Vessol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.armageddon.org
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:41 am »

Dunno if this is a bug, but when I visit some places in a newly generated world people start fighting right when I visit. Such as a bunch of antmen beating up kids only to get owned by the kids. At the same time the guards were just sitting in the dark twittling their thumbs. Speaking of dwarves their homes(when they build them, I had a map where their was no structure and everyone lived outside) and dark towers are awfully 'dark', is there a way to get a torch or maybe the people who live their aught to light a few on the wall ;).

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2008, 09:13:21 am »

Merchants are too fast - okay, this may be a bug, but I personally can't confirm it (merchants in 39a seemed okay to me, 39b is currently not checked). However, it does not sound like a game crippling or even annoying bug. So it would be worthwhile getting better confirmation.

Yeah, you can pretty much scratch that complaint. When the season changed and my folder was backed up I ran it again, and they were fine this time. I don't know what caused it the first.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2008, 01:51:13 pm »

Yeah, you can pretty much scratch that complaint. When the season changed and my folder was backed up I ran it again, and they were fine this time. I don't know what caused it the first.

I seem to recall reports of lightening fast merchants appearing now and then for the old version as well. So it's probably an old, rare bug.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2008, 02:13:33 pm »

I knew something was missing in the labors list but I can figure out what... now I get it : The engraving job is missing.

Anyone can confirm ? It happen both in my 38c and in my 39b generated world.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9