Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: 39c's bugs list.  (Read 9568 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39b's bugs list.
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2008, 05:31:00 am »

"According to my Legends menu, there has not been a conflict (or any event other than new leadership arising within groups) since 1309, at the end of a 726-year war. No assaults/duels/sieges/cities destroyed for 8691 years?"

Not a glitch for the most part. in order to have a war the civilisations have to be a certain distance from eachother... So after the war concluded with one side a victor... the civilisations were simply too far appart to wage war.

Because of a civilisation population limit you won't see one country constantly growing until it fills up the map and some species such as elves can only take land that is a "Forest". (It is one of the major reasons why Elves and Dwarves usually don't combat eachother, Dwarves are usually too far out of the way)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

knowbuddyuno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2008, 06:09:47 am »

Well, I turned off the population cap in worldgen, but I don't know if there's a separate civilization cap. Oh, and I figured out why my regions have no names. I apparently went to enter a custom name, hit the space bar, and hit enter. Dumb. I guess I'll just have to hope that Toady adds civil wars sometime, then.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2008, 06:42:11 am »

Ok, I've done some cleanup and added the fixed bugs to the... fixed bugs lists. I've also removed rare and non-reproducing bugs that don't concern everybody. The list is much clearer now.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2008, 06:50:59 am »

I loaded a world from 38c, with 24 people in it after first migrant wave. Since then, however, I haven't had a migrant wave. It has been a long time (over 2 years at a guess), so I am wondering if this is affecting anybody else? (I don't know if they are not coming at all, or if it just takes longer, but I'm sure it is different from past versions).

At the moment i have around 300,000 fortress wealth, and goblin ambushes are slowly but surely killing my dwarves off  :(

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: 39c's bugs list.
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2008, 01:14:31 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been reported, like if it's an old bug or not, but I thought it was somewhat worth mentioned.

I'm not getting any "It has started to rain" announcements;  occasionally I'll get "The weather has cleared" and my ponds are a little bit more full than they were, but I don't get the announcement that the rain started. :P

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2008, 08:03:44 am »

Hi!

Here is a bug no one noticed presumably because everyone was sneak-peaking into the history:

Legend Mode

If history is set to be hidden, in the overview, all categories show 0 of xxxx revealed, except for hist. figures which automatically contains the deities. (And you can access all historic maps freely, of course)

However, when you look into the entries for the ages, which claim to be completely empty, the yellow (=important) events are listed and can be viewed - and from there you can even access some minor events.

At the moment, I am not sure whether this is only an interface glitch or whether this can be a potential threat for the proper functioning of legends mode.

Deathworks

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2008, 10:15:22 am »

Hi!

Sorry about the double post, but here is another bug I believe to have confirmed now:

World Generation:

Even if starting Civs are set to 100, DF will only create up to 31 civilizations.

Deathworks

sq2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2008, 12:15:19 pm »

just gonna say this, i looked for it but i cant find it,
maybe i used the wrong names or something... anyway

yeah so i have a world, and the dwarves and elves are at war
(lah ti dah), and upon my first years spring or somewhere,
i got : "a vile force has arrived" or whatever it is, usual siege message.
shat myself, hit space, looked for goblins, nothing, no-one... nothing in
the units list, no siege bars at the top either. at this point i noticed
my civs list now contained elves.. stating they were at war, thought it
was a bugged siege of elves (you know a siege with no-one in it)...
to my surpirse about 10-30 minutes later i had an ambush happen,
you guessed it, elves, a few bowers, a few swords and a lot of wrestlers...

so either the bug is, that an 'ambush' arriving is being announced as a siege,
or a siege is appearing as an ambush...

i have a save about 1/2 year before, and my current (a while after it now)...
cattentomus, "channelshove" a golden crossbow:
worth: 144000$ components: gold, gold and gold... hmmm

Boatmurderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:14 pm »

I don't know if this counts as a bug or not, but the turtles are showing up like gems/mechanisms in the graphics pack. They used to look like [ù], which Graphics Packs would replace with an image of a turtle.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2008, 02:13:24 pm »

Hi!

Sq2:

I am not 100% sure, but I think that is a design decision. What you experienced is a regular siege where the siegers only become visible when spotted. I think it was mentioned somewhere else before.

Deathworks

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2008, 02:28:57 pm »

I don't know if this counts as a bug or not, but the turtles are showing up like gems/mechanisms in the graphics pack. They used to look like [ù], which Graphics Packs would replace with an image of a turtle.
Turtles have always shown up as a green gem in the base game.
This is your graphics pack acting up.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2008, 05:27:07 pm »

=== World / World Gen ===

- Setting Minimum Volcanism to maximum (100) in combination with setting Minimum Valcano Number to maximum (200) seems to cause a reliable crash.

No. The Minimum Volcano Number has nothing to do with this bug. Merely setting the Minimum Volcanism to 100 causes the crash, regardless of other settings.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:59 am »

Hi!

Sorry about the double post, but here is another bug I believe to have confirmed now:

World Generation:

Even if starting Civs are set to 100, DF will only create up to 31 civilizations.

Deathworks

There's an entity tag "MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER" you can mess with...  it's sort of a hold-over, and I've set them all to 100 in the next version raws.  It should really be moved over into the world gen params now.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

anyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 39a's bugs list.
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:07 am »

Seems that the infinite sleep issue hasn't been totally resolved : I've got 3 injured guards resting in a bed, and they're all "sleeping to death".

It's from an old (38c) save, also.
I've also had this problem, but with a new 39c save. I also had a wrestler who didn't stop resting after his red and yellow wounds were gone(he had brown lower spine and neck wounds).
EDIT: I've also had problems with units ignoring water source zones (placed on ponds) and instead going to the brook (much farther away) to get water.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 10:31:03 am by anyar »

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2008, 11:21:38 am »

I noticed that engraving explanations no longer appear in Fortress Mode.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9