Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Undocumented cool things.  (Read 8569 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Bone meal?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 04:01:01 pm »

Since when was Bone Meal in? Because I was messing with a food stockpile and there's a section for Bone Meal. Is there a way to make it? And stuff to make with it?

I've found Elf Bone Meal in the hidden fun stuff. ;D

Nice. I want my millstone to be able to make bone meal from bones and skulls, and then my cooks can make bone bread. It will be awesome.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Undocumented cool things.
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 12:43:21 pm »

Bumping this thread again. When the amount of migrants you have is decreased by having a buttload of deaths, it says "Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger." Toady didn't tell us exactly what it said, so this counts as undocumented.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 10:33:15 am »

Did you know that when a dwarf dies, the next of kin inherits all his stuff?

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 11:08:46 am »

Gods associated with death are sometimes depicted as rotting humans (or whatever other race). That's right, ZOMBIE GODS.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 11:14:51 am »

Gods associated with death are sometimes depicted as rotting humans (or whatever other race). That's right, ZOMBIE GODS.

I saw a mountain goat god and a fly god once.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 05:04:26 pm »

Lord of the Flies?

Sorry, I had to.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:45 am »

I don't know if this is new or a bug or just something I've never seen, but I had a single mother show up at my fortress recently. I thought maybe her husband had died or something (though I think that migrants don't exist until they show up at your fort at this point?) so I backed up my save, abandoned, and checked her out in adventure mode, and, sure enough, she had never been married, it was just her and her daughter. This was in a pocket world that had only run for 30 years or so in world gen.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2008, 01:24:41 am »

If you talk to prisoners you can free them by asking them to join. Had myself a small child army.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2008, 04:48:37 am »

It's interesting. Different civs on the same world seem to tend towards the same animals as gods. I had one world where three different civs had a dragonfly god (different gods of course), one where two had flies, one where one had 2 firefly gods in the same civ.

Also, it seems that animal gods are usually associated with their biome's sphere and related spheres.

Also, when traders bring you dead animals in cages, you don't need to buy the cage, just dump the corpse from the stocks screen. Haven't tested dumping other trader goods yet though.

Edit: Dwarves with higher agility remove constructions faster.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:10:10 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]