Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How does fertilization work?  (Read 2411 times)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
Re: How does fertilization work?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 10:17:00 am »

I'm not having any real problems with farming, although it would be nice if fertilizer just gradually bled off instead of dropping to 0 instantly every time the season changes.

Also, it wouldn't hurt if there were small output increases for wood burning/lye making.

[ August 16, 2006: Message edited by: RPB ]

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 10:29:00 am »

quote:
I'm just spamming farms and ignoring the fertilisation for now

I assume you didnt play the last two versions yet ? You can ignore fertilizer IF you have hundreds of seeds AND lots of highly skilled farmers, but there is no way to get those seeds without fertilisation, and training farmers can take years.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 10:34:00 am »

You still get surplus seeds without fertilization--plump helmets leave behind more than one seed sometimes. Also, really, even an unskilled farmer can plant more than 2 seeds in the time it takes for them to get hungry once.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:00 am »

quote:
You still get surplus seeds without fertilization--plump helmets leave behind more than one seed sometimes.

Incredibly rare, and also will take years to seriously fill your stores.

quote:
Also, really, even an unskilled farmer can plant more than 2 seeds in the time it takes for them to get hungry once.

Yes, but you dont have many seeds at first, and dwarves eat at least 2 times more often in winter, probably even more than that.

Mirsha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 01:27:00 pm »

Without really using any fertiliser I had the maximum, 200, plump seed spawns so having enough seed to fertilise has never been a problem. The real problem I have now is that hadn't bothered to set my farmers to farm only with my larger population so I didn't grow enough food this time around. I wonder if I'll get the next harvest in before they all go crazy and start butchering each other for sweet, sweet ichor.
Pages: 1 [2]