Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Possessions, Fey moods and more  (Read 22078 times)

Ephphatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessions, Fey moods and more
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2006, 06:36:00 pm »

Nananananananana Batman! Nananananananana Batman!

Solara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2006, 07:46:00 pm »

Items with long descriptions always crack me up. I'm really struggling to picture this ring...someone should try drawing it.  :)

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2006, 12:40:00 am »

... mine made a pigtail cloak last night.. with slate & pigtailcloth

... and holds it in his hands... wonder if he'll ever dump it in the furniture in his room...

i notice that i seem to get possessed/moods when i load a game fairly often.. anyone else?

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2006, 01:59:00 am »

I think I've had a 1-er from a possessed dwarf: Kerging, "Eyeyoung", a perfect Rock crystal.  Unless it was two rock crystals -- it does have  "images of dwarves in Rock crystal", but that's it.

Pity she couldn't have made something perfect out of that diamond lying right next to it.   :p

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2006, 12:34:00 am »

I think my dwarves are retarded when it comes to artifacts.

So far:

Gòstangkogan, The Awe-Inspiring Boats, An Obsidian bed.

This is an Obsidian bed.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encircled with bands of Obsidian and silver.

Likotodad, Inkfeast, a tin animal trap.  Tin, studded with tin, encircled with more tin.

Esisilid, Trotrule, A pumice bracelet.  Pumice, decorated with Pumice, encircled with Dolomite, and engraved with images of cave wheat in Andesite.  Total value, 4800 units.

And the latest creation:

Matulidos, Dancecalled, a Chrysoberyl animal trap.  Encircled with bands of Adventurine, menaces with spikes of Chrysoberyl and Adventurine.

55,200 total value.

I'm still waiting for someone to use some exotic materials.. I might lose a dwarf, but still..

On the plus side, the dwarf with the bed just got burnt to death from standing next to an ambushing fireman.  Of course, the miner removed both hands, then both arms, bruised the creatures head, spine, broke the upper body, and broke the left foot of it.  Then the miner walked away with a few bruises without finishing it off, and got shot with fire from behind.  To make matters worse, the creature was still mobile, and managed to torch some generic peasant before running into the Captain of the Guard.  All the while my troops were busy sleeping in the barracks, getting drunk, hanging around outside, or on duty guarding the cavern.  That thing shouldn't have been able to crawl an inch, much less kill two dwarves with fire.  Also, is the dwarf supposed to start running when the creature is down?  I could believe it if the dwarf thought the creature was dead, as that miner was systematically removing limbs from it.

Zaratustra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://zarat.us/
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2006, 12:42:00 am »

Dwarves only start reacting to a creature once they're 'interrupted' by it. "Dum dee dum I'll just carry the stuff from this corpse JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THAT"

And then sometimes they'll forget and come back.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2006, 05:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Devastator:
<STRONG>Gòstangkogan, The Awe-Inspiring Boats, An Obsidian bed.</STRONG>

A bed made of something other than wood?  That is legendary.

These artifact descriptions never fail to crack me up.

quote:
Originally posted by Devastator:
<STRONG>Of course, the miner removed both hands, then both arms, bruised the creatures head, spine, broke the upper body, and broke the left foot of it.  Then the miner walked away with a few bruises without finishing it off, and got shot with fire from behind.</STRONG>

Ouch.  I lost an uninjured dwarf to an immobile magma man missing all but its right leg when it shoved him off the bridge into the chasm.

I think the damn things think they're Jedi Knights, with all the fighting on narrow bridges they do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2006, 09:36:00 am »

Aagh, I didn't notice at first, but the fireman also torched my Legendary Metalsmith that was building a lava smelter nearby.

Now what do I do with his awe-inspiring triple tin animal trap, now that he has been relieved of it?

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 27, 2006, 12:26:00 am »

A new thing happened today. One of my carpenters got a fey mood but just went outside the cave and stood there for a week. I finally correctly guessed why: the kind of shop he wanted to work in didn't exist yet.  The only one I hadn't built were the siege and bowyer workshops. I built the bowyer shop and he instantly went over and took over it, and got to work.  Worried me for a minute that I'd have a crazed axe-weilding dwarf trying to carve other dwarves into furniture.

jmrt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 27, 2006, 11:28:00 am »

Another fun fact about strange moods: when a dwarf is taken by a mood while hauling, he doesn't drop the item he was hauling, but instead drags it all the way to his workshop of choice.

I find it incredibly in character that a dwarf who's struck by sudden inspiration should go and lock himself up in his workshop with a barrel of booze.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2006, 02:00:00 pm »

so.. if my newbie dwarf is hauling a full bin of rock blocks... does that mean they'll go nuts even before they get to hijack the workshop?

Quintin Stone

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Bureaucrat
    • View Profile
    • RPS
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2006, 09:04:00 pm »

*Sigh*  My legendary animal trainer (and marksman) just went beserk because whatever it is he needed for his creation wasn't available.  This is the 3rd talented dwarf I've lost this game, I think.  I think he needed some kind of uncut gem, but I don't know which.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2006, 09:53:00 am »

Ugh. Similar situation as I posted above, only this time it's my metalsmith that's brooding outside the fort.  I have every shop except an alchemist shop but he won't get to work. Any suggestions?

Kjoery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2006, 03:03:00 pm »

He probably wants a lava forge.

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2006, 12:32:00 am »

Gah! My best mason (mid spring in 2nd year) went berserk and took out my other mason, a jewler and a few others before I could take him down. The most frustrating thing (besides how lame it is that this happened at all, I hate these artifacts!) is that he kept asking for a certain kind of stone. His only stone preference was for limestone and I had loads of the stuff. ARG!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12