Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Possessions, Fey moods and more  (Read 22080 times)

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

Possessions, Fey moods and more
« on: August 11, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »

On a previous fortress, one of my guys became possessed by who knows what kind of spirit. He immideatly siezed I think it was my mason's workshop, and proceeded to construct a plant fiber sword with marble and bone enhancements.

Now in this fortress, one of my guys got into a Fey Mood?! He seized the craftsdwarf's workshop, made a bracelet named Hammered Fists something.

As an added bonus, he became a LEGENDARY!!! craft'sdwarf, and can now spit out masterpieces of stone crafts of various kinds at a high rate. In the short time since his possession, he has spit out 8 batches (some crafts give multiple items per work session) of masterpieces. Needless to say, im rich. Who's rich? I'm rich. Who is not rich? I don't know, but it ain't me, cause I'm rich!

*is rolling in a pile of silver coins and masterpiece crafts*

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

Re: Possessions, Fey moods and more
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 06:34:00 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to add this in the post: This is the official "My dwarf got possessed or otherwise manipulated by strange forces" thread. Come here to brag, or cry when one of your dwarves produces the Zodsto Os Golem! Bwahahahaha! (look in the goblin language file for explanation)

BlondRobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 09:58:00 pm »

This just happened to me; one of my craftsdwarfs got into a "strange mood" and withdrew from society. At first, I was really worried, since I figured this was the prelude to her going berserk, although I didn't know why; however, this being my first really succesful fortress, I was a little too worried. Then she claimed the only craft workshop, dragged three units of limestone there, and came away with "Hide Ivy," the limestone bracelet, as well as becoming a legendary stone crafter (and possibly one of extremely strong, agile, and very tough, since I'm not sure where else she got it from.) Hasn't made anything else yet, but everytime I go into the unit list, her name flashes. Kickin' rad.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 12:13:00 am »

I had a craftsdwarf become possessed and steal the butchery. She then proceeded to murder another dwarf and turn the body into a bone chest. Neato.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:19:00 am »

Do you remember the name of the chest?  It would be translated in the [l] screen if you still have that fort.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 12:29:00 am »

Sure, that fortress is still going, the name is: Nokoredir Gashcoz, "The Dead Dungeons of Proliferating", a dwarf bone chest.

Incidentally, the dwarf who built it gained 'mighty' and 'very tough'.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 12:30:00 am »

Incidentally, it's a bloat to make that dwarf not have any friends.

BlondRobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 12:36:00 am »

Well hey, I got two more (geez, this happens a lot.) First my metalsmith got a fey mood and took over the forge, demanded some kind of ore and rough gems; I didn't have the ore or any way to smelt at the time, so he gave up (and eventually starved to death.) Then my second craftsdwarf got posessed and made an artifact crown; didn't get anything from it, though, except the crown.

ghor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 05:37:00 am »

The first artifact I got was "Skirtmesses the Deep Dead".

A tin amulet that menaces with spikes of tin.

Tin! Decorated only with spikes of even more tin! Somehow I am less than impressed!

[ August 12, 2006: Message edited by: ghor ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 06:59:00 am »

I recently managed to get a floodgate artifact. I found it very unimpressive.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 09:12:00 am »

I'm sure it's very powerful tin, and that the floodgate will last far longer than the meager walls that hold it in place.  ;)

No artifacts yet for me, but I just made another region and the fortress I'm building is going strong. Do they do anything yet? I imagine the weapons might at least do more damage, or something.

Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 10:16:00 am »

I'm having a problem with a possessed dwarf, he mutters "tree/life","stone/rock","block/brick". Now, assuming that means wood, rocks and blocks, I've got them all, but he still stands around there muttering. What do I do now? :\

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 10:41:00 am »

The Artifact Arc is meant to make them more interesting.  Right now they just generate value, which attracts migrants and nobles.  It also sets a goal for your adventurers if you can manage it, if only to keep/sell the thing.

The possessed aren't very articulate, but the others aren't either -- what it'll generally be in this case is the color [gray/dark/light] of rock they like if there is one, or one of those at random.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 10:59:00 am »

Oh, damn. He went insane. :C
I had all colour types of stones, too (one of them was his favourite). So hard to please. :\

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 11:07:00 am »

Do you remember if he had a wood pref?  That's the only other thing I can think of.  Generally, they'll take any wood, but if they have a wood pref they can be picky.  I just turned that off because sometimes a wood pref will be visible in [vpz] (and hence used here) even if it doesn't occur on your map.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12