Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Possessions, Fey moods and more  (Read 22084 times)

Zomg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possessions, Fey moods and more
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2006, 09:44:00 pm »

I'd have sworn that the recent versions have rough gem demands that, outside of the three glass possibilities, are really easy to fulfill. As in, any rough gem at all will do - which actually kind of sucks, because they just grab whatever is nearest. Which usually ends up being a low class gem, preventing any explotation of the artifact value multiplier to get maximum value out of that red diamond you found.

It might be that your dwarf wanted yet another type of ore before he got to the gem step.

bbb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36:00 am »

bah... lacking shells yet again. and went nuts

really need to change processing fish to debone + deshell

skeightmachine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2006, 10:52:00 am »

I believe I had my first wierd mood. My original Metalsmith went very secretive and took over the magma forge, It appeared like he drew up some plans and It said he was thinking about two things. A battle and something else, they were not materials. He was in there for a while, not moving, when I noticed his severed body exploded about the outside of the chasam. Turns out he went insane, ran down the hall, forgot where my serrated disc traps were and got himself chopped up. Poor guy. Was there I could have done to help him out or perhaps give him something to make him figure it out?

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2006, 09:35:00 am »

I've had a stretch of 3 artifacts in one night.  The first one was a 10-piecer, with copper, diamonds, gold, and other things, a pretty valuable necklace.  This was from a possession or something, no skill bonus.  The second was made of granite and granite... that got me a legendary crafter.  The third was another 10-piecer, with tin, gold, gems, wood, leather, and other things.   A Toy Tin Axe: Shreikweird, The Pride of Stalkers.  Heheheh... became a legendary furnace operator, which is weird since i expected crafting for toy axes.

Shingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 27, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »

The game I'm currently on, was recently kind enough to me, to give me the gift of an legendary Armorsmith through a Withdrawal From Society. He created steel chain leggings, encrusted with iron and platinum. Needless to say, I was quite pleased. I'll get the exact description in a moment, since I'm busy with some files, etc.

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2006, 09:59:00 am »

One of my two metalsmiths (fortress had 25 dwellers at that time) went into fey mood. I had two possessions resulting in two artifacts already so I didn't pay much attention to this event. But there was one thing I didn't understand in his demands. He was needing a "surface to work on". I failed to figure it out for a good while so I've sent a guard to ensure safety in case of berserker "accident". But it didn't occur. The dwarf did get mad eventually but he got a "miserable" status. He was wandering around without sleeping, eating or drinking. The last I saw of him was trying to swim the river upwards with "dehydrated" status where he drowned.

(Maybe he was trying to discover his "inner fish"? =D)

[ November 06, 2006: Message edited by: krige ]

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2006, 11:32:00 am »

I plan to be ready for fey moods. I'm gonna have mined the entire front face before moving past the river. than so on. that way I don't lose my legendary miner/engraver.

(I only have 4 dwarves left. the rest were trampled by Elephants. Sadness)

HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

ricree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2006, 04:25:00 pm »

One of my dwarves just made a silk thong.  Very.... kinky, that one.

krige

• Bay Watcher
  • [TILE:dwarf:fire]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 13, 2006, 03:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ricree:
<STRONG>One of my dwarves just made a silk thong.  Very.... kinky, that one.</STRONG>

Hope it doesn't menace with spikes of stone  :)

My fortress /still the same/ is getting one fey mood after another. Already got four legendary engravers  :).

Sheriff of Nottingham: That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2006, 10:08:00 am »

I've been very lucky regarding strange mood dwarves. Possibly it is because I hate wasting wood to make charcoal for metalsmithing, and so expand rather quickly to the magma river. So far, I've gotten ten artifacts with only one going insane. A child, sadly enough, that was ripped apart by the military dwarves and their dogs pretty much as soon as he exited the workshop. The bastard managed to kill a kitten first, though.

My most recent mood was my Jeweler. He took over the Jeweler's Workshop, grabbed an already present Rose Quartz without moving a step and made a perfect gem. Very convenient. Sadly enough, it was a possession.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2006, 09:14:00 pm »

I'm not sure where to start...
Check out my books at O and H Books

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2006, 12:17:00 am »

Dwarves should really carry around mugs.

Cookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »

Creative juices well and truly flowing here...

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2008, 02:50:00 pm »

HOLY NECRO!   :mad:

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2008, 08:43:00 pm »

Please don't post in very old threads in the discussion boards.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]