Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mangled Wounds  (Read 1172 times)

Ginseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mangled Wounds
« on: August 15, 2006, 08:35:00 pm »

How long does it take for a Mangled Wound to heal in DF mode, because it seems to be well over 2 years so far?

Somagu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mangled Wounds
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 08:36:00 pm »

Well seeing as how Mangled is the next level after Broken, how long would a snapped bone take compared to a arm that is possibly cracked and smashed in several places, it's like someone taking a sledgehammer to your elbow, and shattering it.

At least I assume so.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:42:00 pm »

Well, I doubt a properly bandaged wound can take more than 3 years to heal. I had a trapper get a single mangled wound at the beginning of the game and never saw it heal. I managed to keep the fortress running for about 3-4 years before a crash during saving messed me up. That dwarf was always there to throw a tantrum when everyone else was partying...

[ August 15, 2006: Message edited by: Virtz ]

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:50:00 pm »

I think there's some dubiousness with the mangle/break heal system, though I've had it work out when I try.  A cleaning will probably have to wait for adventure mode scarring and infections (adventure mode is sort of like a debug mode for dwarf mode combat in part), and then various elements of healing can be treated more carefully, by wound.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dwarf Chunk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »

I had one of my initial dwarves get a broken upper leg pretty much right after the start. He eventually healed around the 2nd winter - if memory serves right, anyway. But all that time wasted on haul jobs to keep him alive is just a joke. He stood up, still pissed off from all the pain, staying in bed until he grow attached to it and whatever he proceeded to initiate a little brawl that resulted in 3 deaths. The last was he himself, after someone got a bit freaked out from witnessing death. I don't quite get why someone not liking to see people getting killed would start to kill more people, but okay. My next action was to just lock the doors of my other injured dwarfs. It's the best for all of them, I'm afraid.