Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do civilizations ever go into war for pure conquest reasons?  (Read 2335 times)

Newton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do civilizations ever go into war for pure conquest reasons?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 01:14:41 pm »

I'd love to see wars after particular artifacts of old.  Would add new history to what is now just standard artifact creation.

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:06 pm »

If you ask me, the goblins should attack and conquer because they think they are the rulers of the world. They should set huge territories, like 25*25 squares, that often infringe on other territory, causing wars.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:53:49 pm »

I'd love to see wars after particular artifacts of old.  Would add new history to what is now just standard artifact creation.

War due to the desire to obtain somebody else's artifact was mentioned in a ThreeToe story, infact! I assume that will take until at least the caravan arc, though. I think player fortresses are going to be the target of a lot of hostility, eventually.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 11:25:49 pm »

I'll probably slip in the parts of it that I need for the first post-bugfix release.  If my keyboard had speed-dial, "the caravan arc is needed" would be #2 next to "Okay, I'll note it down."
Hmm... isn't that what autohotkey is for?

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 12:14:53 am »

Wars have been fought over worthless pieces of land quite frequently. I imagine that one civ's need to expand it's territory over another civ's area a justification enough to go to war for some civ's like the goblins.

Ah, but that is why the Caravan Arc is needed.  What's the land for?  Well, for the population!  Why does the population need it?  To have land to live in and grow food on and get trees from.  Resources.  The Caravan Arc is what ties the entire Army Arc together, as well as the Diplomacy Arc (we need food, we'll give peace) and the Bustling Town Arc (time to go to work to make money to buy food and clothing).
Pages: 1 [2]