Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your crazy world politics  (Read 1873 times)

Solmyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your crazy world politics
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:36:32 am »

What are some of the craziest historical and political developments you've seen in your world?

Here's my latest one.

There are two human civs in the north which apparently haven't done much. There are also two dwarf civs, one in the southern mountain range with three fortresses, and another very isolated in the far west, with only one fortress.

The southern mountain range is also a hotbed of nonhuman activity. The big goblin civ there, The Persuasive Evil, was originally ruled by a demon who started several early wars with the neighboring elf civ of The Nourishing Eagles. The elf capital, "Raptorcactus", was sacked early in the war and the elf king killed. His daughter inherited but was killed in the second war. The demon ruler of the Persuasive Evil also got killed in the same year, although I have not yet discovered how (I have elected to keep events hidden by default). After him there was a string of goblin rulers who got killed in various wars against the elves. In 75 however these two civs ended their last war. From that time the Persuasive Evil started getting elf immigration to such degree that in modern times it is completely elf-dominated, with maybe 10 goblins still around to hundreds of elves! Even more interestingly, the elven immigrants started taking goblin names... one famous elf commander was named Ozud Coverplagues. So now I have the Persuasive Evil being an elf-dominated civ still living in goblin fortresses using goblin names.

The new elf king of the Nourishing Eagles, Thaci Stonebrother, was quite a character. Apparently not particularly happy with the elf-goblin civ developing next door, he attacked their border city several times, leading scores of elves who were nonetheless repelled every single time by about 4 goblins led by the aforementioned elf Ozud Coverplagues. Thaci gave up after some time and in modern time is still the king, though he was wounded in one assault.

Meanwhile, the Persuasive Evil, still at the time led by goblin kings though their military was becoming more and more elven, waged war on the other neighboring elf civ, The Distinct Seal. Yes, an elf army was led by a goblin king against another elf civ. This conflict continued for quite a while through several wars, resulting in the death of many goblin kings and several elf queens in the process, and the destruction of one of the elf cities. Eventually it ended, when the last goblin king died for still unknown reasons and was replaced by an elf king, who still rules the Persuasive Evil to this day.

This second elf civ, the Distinct Seal, had some bad luck even after the war, losing two rulers to the same rampaging minotaur, who forced the third (and current) ruler to flee as well.

In the meantime, there was a second goblin civ a little north, also ruled by a demon. They never seemed to do anything, and the demon still rules them today.

There were also two kobold civs in the area. One of them lost quite a few rulers to the same giant, eventually dying out in 340. The other one still hangs around.

So the current situation is:
The Persuasive Evil, a formerly goblin civ now completely dominated by elves and ruled by an elf king.
The Nourishing Eagles, an elf civ ruled by Thaci Stonebrother, a wounded and somewhat deranged king.
The Distinct Seal, a not so lucky elf civ ruled by a queen who is probably being stalked by a minotaur.
The Unthinkable Torments, a goblin civ ruled by a demon.
The Truthful Gates, a dwarf civ bordering the Persuasive Evil goblin-elves.
The Praised Artifact, a small and isolated dwarf civ in the west.
Two human empires in the north, which may or may not be hostile to each other.
A pretty hidden kobold civ down under all the goblins and elves.

Into this screwed up world I am about to release my dwarf settlers...

Here are the worldgen params:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Your crazy world politics
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:46:28 pm »

EDIT: nevermind
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:48:29 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:35:05 pm »

I had a Dwarf who went renegade and killed all the dwarves in his mountainhome. And loads of humans. And loads of goblins.

He's still alive, wandering the wilds.

One Hundred and Ninety-Four Kills or something, it's insane.
He even killed a dragon, all by himself.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:42:01 pm »

I had an elf who got abducted by goblins and then went on to get 379 kills..  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ELVES.
Seriously.
She went into TWO VERSUS ONE-HUNDRED+ BATTLES and survived.  That went on for about 15 years before the attackers finally gave in an accepted a peace offer from her.
50 years later, she's still going, not at the same pace obviously, but...
Then she died to some random human.
..And then 39c came out and I deleted the save.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:43:45 pm »

I had a Dwarf who went renegade and killed all the dwarves in his mountainhome. And loads of humans. And loads of goblins.

He's still alive, wandering the wilds.

One Hundred and Ninety-Four Kills or something, it's insane.
He even killed a dragon, all by himself.

I bet he's got himself a nice mohawk. He didn't happen to lose an eye by any chance, did he?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:46:39 pm by Tyrving »

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:38:02 am »

33x33 world: The elves ate everybody exept a single giant who was on a tiny island.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 05:33:10 am »

33x33 world: The elves ate everybody exept a single giant who was on a tiny island.

*Jaws music plays as elf start swimming*
Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 05:56:37 am »

So the Persuasive Evil is basically dark elves, huh? Appropriate name for dark elves too.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.